PDA

View Full Version : Crocodile Granny?

RICHARD
09-05-2006, 12:37 AM
Crocodile Gran

An 80-year-old woman re-created a scene from the film Crocodile Dundee to tackle a knife-wielding burglar.

Winifred Whelan, from Liverpool, was threatened in her home by a man brandishing a 10-inch knife.

The pensioner grabbed a larger carving knife from her kitchen before shouting: "That's not a knife, this is a knife!"

Mrs Whelan was quoting the famous line from Crocodile Dundee when the film's star Paul Hogan brandishes a hunting knife at a mugger.

She told a newspaper: "I said to the robber: "You call that a knife?" His was around 10 inches long and I had a carving knife measuring about 14 inches.

"I pointed it at his belly and said: "This is a knife!""

Two men were jailed at Liverpool Crown Court in connection with the incident, which happened last September.

--------------------------------------------------

You should see her with a fork and a spoon! :rolleyes:

Corinna
09-05-2006, 09:13 AM
Way to go granny!!!

Pawsitive Thinking
09-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Nasty Gwanny............fancy scaring that poor ickle wobber!!! You go girl!!!!!!!!!! :D

Argranade
09-05-2006, 09:33 AM
I knew it all old people are realy secret agents. :eek:

Laura's Babies
09-05-2006, 10:13 AM
"WARNING! GRANNY ON DUTY!"

That will teach them to pick on the elderly!

smokey the elder
09-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Kind of reminds me of a Monty Python routine: "Hell's Grannies"! :) :p

Dorothy39
09-05-2006, 02:20 PM
:D :D Well, I'll bet he scratched Ol Winifred's hide-a-way out of his little black book!!! :eek: :D

OHHH GEEEEZZZ!!!!!!

Killearn Kitties
09-05-2006, 03:43 PM
Kind of reminds me of a Monty Python routine: "Hell's Grannies"! :) :p
:D I just had to go and find them after you brought them up! I would never have remembered that. What an example they set to grannies everywhere!