PDA

View Full Version : So proud of my boy! =D Good dog Buddy!!

zoomer
09-04-2006, 11:38 PM
Well, we moved today. Well... sorta kinda. We're living with my uncle 'til our house is ready, which will be in a month or so. Well, we got here around 8:00 PM and Buddy jumped out of the car. I was really worried but I had to go inside to eat my dinner.

Later, maybe 10-20 minutes, I went out and called his name. He came running right to me! I'd go out every 10 minutes or so and call him, and sure enough, there he came! :D

Alaska is inside laying on the carpet, he's very sleepy at this late of night! Elly Mae, my uncle's black lab, is such a silly girl! She'd keep dropping the ball on Keirstin, the little baby, and expect her to throw it. It was so funny! I got pictures, of course, but they unfortunetly won't be posted until later this month. She keeps waiting for me to go outside and play with her and throw her frisbee for her to catch or her ball for her to chase, but It's really dark outside, but if it wasn't I'd be taking more pictures of the four tongues hanging out of four tired doggie mouthes!

wolf_Q
09-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Well, we got here around 8:00 PM and Buddy jumped out of the car. I was really worried but I had to go inside to eat my dinner.

Your dog jumped out of the car and was running around loose fairly late in the evening and you had to go inside and eat dinner?

I guess I'm paranoid as I have a husky (a breed that is known for running off) but dinner would be the last thing on my mind if my dog was loose. I'm glad he came back.

luvofallhorses
09-04-2006, 11:50 PM
I'm with wolf_Q..

if my dog was loose, I would rather wait to eat dinner and go find my dog first and foremost..eating dinner would be the last thing on my mind.
my dogs and cats always come before my own needs..they always have AND they always will and I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

bckrazy
09-05-2006, 01:54 AM
If I read that right... so, so messed up. I hope they aren't located anywhere near any roads. =/ Even besides that, it's insane to let a dog loose in a strange area. That's IMO.

BC_MoM
09-05-2006, 01:59 AM
Good thing he didn't wander too far, and that you have been working on basic obedience with your crew, eh? :)

You're very lucky, zoomer!

Iilo
09-05-2006, 10:41 AM
Wow.

I'm going to take this in the best way possible and assume that you were having a "family dinner" and one or both of your parents insisted you come inside.

Still, I would've had my butt out there until I knew where that dog was and that he was in a safe enclosure or INSIDE.

Maybe that's just cause I have a Malamute and they're prone to running off.

k9krazee
09-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Eeek. There is no way I'd leave my dog running loose somewhere unfamiliar to him and go eat dinner. No way. I'm glad he's home and safe.

Vela
09-05-2006, 11:38 AM
So you left him outside? and kept checking on him every 10 minutes? If he came so easily, why wasn't he put inside where it was safe? He's in a strange place, are you guys trying to lose him?

Lori Jordan
09-05-2006, 01:41 PM
So you left him outside? and kept checking on him every 10 minutes? If he came so easily, why wasn't he put inside where it was safe? He's in a strange place, are you guys trying to lose him?

Not only that,what if he was put in a situation,and had bit somebody out of fear,he was just moved to a strange place,not knowing his surrounding,all unfimiliar,All dogs do take time to settle down and get used to things,What would you have done if something happend to him,Your parents should have sent you kids in to eat dinner and went and got him,It is not fair for him to be put in circumstances like that!

zoomer
09-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Oh my gosh guys I wanted this to be a good thread and tell you that I was proud and then have replies from you guys saying you were proud of him too, not that I was a bad owner and I wanted to lose him. First of all, there were not cars on the road and there never are AND he never runs off from my house anymore, he comes to his name now, and is very good at obedience. Secondly, there was a window by the dinner table so I saw him alot. Thridly, he was too interested in being with the other dogs to run off which he wouldn't anyway. Fourthly, it was a family reunion so I HAD to eat inside. Fifthly, in strange places he comes right to his name and does not run off. Sixly, we all had 20 pound suitcases that needed to be brought inside.
Krista, you think I didn't want to wait to eat my dinner? I've got parents and they insisted I go inside.

k9krazee
09-05-2006, 02:44 PM
I'm too tired to argue, but I was just wondering if he's so good at obedience and coming when called, why didn't you just call him to you as soon as he got out of the car? :confused: Gosh, I read it again and its even more confusing now, you could see him out the window? Then why didn't you just put him in the house, lol! Umm...I'll say it again, I'm glad he's home and safe. :)