PDA

View Full Version : This may sound a little gross, BUT..

flamepony12
09-04-2006, 09:23 PM
I'm looking for some home remedies to get rid of acne. :( I have some on my forehead, and NOTHING bothers me more. It's not TOO serious, but it still makes me feel ugly and gross. Proactive only helped a little, and the stuff that the dermatologist perscribed didn't help very much either. I know it's "natural for teenagers" and everything, but I'd really like to see if anyone knew of any remedies that doesn't involve special perscriptions or medications. Thanks for any help in advanced.. :\

CathyBogart
09-05-2006, 01:21 AM
Here's what I always did, and still occasionally do...just put a dab of toothpaste (baking soda based, not the gel kind) on it before I went to bed. It dries the zits up very quickly.

I know how you feel, I'm 22 and I still get acne fairly regularly. I thought it was supposed to mostly go away by this age?! :)

CatLuvrs
09-05-2006, 01:56 AM
It doesn't feel the greatest but I used rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball when I was younger. Now you don't want to do it all the time because it dries your skin but a couple of times a week should do it.

ILoveReptiles
09-05-2006, 01:32 PM
I know how you feel. I am 32 and I STILL get acne.

Ugh. It's horrid.

Catsnclay
09-05-2006, 01:38 PM
Go to the drug store and get a bottle of Camphor Sprit it is a liquid and you should find it in the first aid isle.

It will dry out your acne without the residue of alcohol or effects of it.

It is very inexpensive and works quickly - I used it as a teen and still have a bottle of it around when I get a break out now (and I'm much older than 20! :rolleyes: )

Lori Jordan
09-05-2006, 01:45 PM
I'm 35 and sometimes still get some on my chin line,i just use the st ives cream works well and gives your skin a soft feeling.

critter crazy
09-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Go to the drug store and get a bottle of Camphor Sprit it is a liquid and you should find it in the first aid isle.

It will dry out your acne without the residue of alcohol or effects of it.

It is very inexpensive and works quickly - I used it as a teen and still have a bottle of it around when I get a break out now (and I'm much older than 20! :rolleyes: )

Camphor spirit is a god send!! It works for cold sores too!!

coco-bean
09-05-2006, 02:07 PM
i use the toothpaste alot too! Works wonders i tell ya, it stings real bad but thats how you know it's workin! I dont get acne as much as i use to, thanks to proactive but i've also tried the Avon face wash and nite treatment stuff and it works really well too!

joanofark
09-05-2006, 02:49 PM
I use proactive and it works like a charm!! :confused:

Anyway, My dad SWEARS Vitamine C clears your face up..... maybe you could try that!! :)

MajesticCollies
09-05-2006, 03:14 PM
OK OK that is gross but.........Years ago I watched a Phil Donahue show where this scientist swears by using Urine to clear up acne. think I tried it. I don't think so. So there's your miracle healer. They say its becoming popular in Holistic Medicine. Here's an article on it.
http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/urine.htm

binka_nugget
09-05-2006, 04:56 PM
I used extra virgin olive oil. It sounds a little nutty putting oil on your face, but it really does work! My brother used it when he had bad acne, and it did wonders for him too.

flamepony12
09-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Thanks so much ! :) I'll try some of them and see how they work out. c: