PDA

View Full Version : A "DUH" moment...

rg_girlca
09-04-2006, 02:36 PM
If ever there was a "DUH" moment, I encountered it last night when the hubby and I were talking with Pierre.

We were standing there for about half an hour talking with him, so I will just give you the "DUH" part of the conversation.

A girl that had been sitting with Pierre was holding Bob, the male kitty, in her lap at the time.

I turned and said, "Hi Bob. My you look so comfy laying there. Where's your sister Izzy?"
Pierre; "I think", with a very confused look on his face, while scratching his head, "that either something happened to her or someone picked her up off the street."
Me; "Oh no." While thinking to myself, "Good observation Einstein, since she hasn't been around for what, THREE DAYS NOW!!!!!
Pierre; "I'm thinking more that someone picked her up. I was expecting that to happen as she is a pretty girl."
Thinking to myself. HHHEEELLLLOOOOOO!!!!!! If you expected that to happen, why the "H" didn't you keep her INSIDE!!!!!!
Me; "Well, what comes around goes around eh Pierre. You saw her on the street and picked her up. Now someone else saw her on the street and did the same thing."
Pierre; "Yeah, I guess."

Talk about "DUH" or WHAT!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Then I kind of slid into the conversation if he ever brought Izzy to the vet to find out her exact age and he said no that he hadn't had a chance to bring her yet.

So I was thinking to myself, thank you Pierre, now I KNOW for sure that she hasn't had her shots yet. So off to the vets tomorrow night for her first set of shots and to make her appointment to get spayed. :D

krazyaboutkatz
09-04-2006, 02:44 PM
He sure is an idiot.:mad:At least you now know that she hasn't seen the vet and I also bet that she needs to be spayed. You should have also asked him what he'd do if his orange cat disappeared. Once again I'm so glad that you took this sweet little girl in and are giving her the care that she deserves.:)

Laura's Babies
09-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Some people are idiots... HE picked her up off the streets and that is how HE got her? :rolleyes: When he said
"I'm thinking more that someone picked her up. I was expecting that to happen as she is a pretty girl."
I would have said to him "....and THAT is why you should keep them INSIDE!"

DUH!

orangemm
09-04-2006, 03:30 PM
Very clever way to find out if she's ever been to the vet!

"Duh" is right. Pierre is obviously in a daze. :rolleyes:

rg_girlca
09-04-2006, 03:41 PM
KAK, my hubby did mention that he's surprised that someone hasn't picked up Bob off the street as he is one gorgeous kitty.

This was Pierre's response.

"No, I am not worried about him, because I had a talk with him about being street smarts." :rolleyes:

I'm serious, this was his actual response.

You have to really see this guy and talk with him to appreciate the "DUHNESS" of him. First off, he is like a hippie and his way of thinking about animals just boggles my mind.

He also has a Golden Lab puppy who is 10 months old now, named Lucky, and this dog rules him. I mentioned this to him one time while Lucky was pulling the heck out of him while walking on his lead. I said that you should teach him not to pull and lunge at other dogs or people as they do not appreciate that. He said, "What you don't understand is that Lucky and I are as one. He does what he wants and I let him. Just like I do what I want and he lets me." I just looked at him and said, "Yeah, alrighty then."

This guy is a real piece of work, I'm telling you. LOL!!!!!

Killearn Kitties
09-04-2006, 04:07 PM
So is your friend convinced yet that Pierre doesn't mind her giving his kitty a home??? :D

catmandu
09-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Thtas the kind of thinking that could get Lucky killed by a car, or Pierre in trouble if Lucky bites someone.
There are sadly to many Pierres who refuse to take responsibilty for either thier Pet Companions or themselves.
Thats a good one, the Cat and Pierre having a conversation about street safety.
I will have to pass that gem onto Animal Welfare.

momcat
09-04-2006, 05:22 PM
Just what kind of a fruitcake are you dealing with, Lorraine? Pierre had a "talk" with the other kitty about being street smart and not going into the road... yeah right. Now, I admit I talk to Groucho a lot (and sometimes his facial expressions are priceless!) but for the zillions of times Groucho has been told to stay out of the kitchen when I'm cooking or putting groceries away does he stay out? Of course not! I worry about the dog and other kitty being with this character. Some people should not have pets :mad:

rkidsrcats
09-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Geeze Lorraine...how did you keep your temper talking to this guy?
So if he had a "talk" with Bob about being street smart, did he forget to chat with Izzy too? Or did she just not listen. :confused: Besides the obvious problems with letting your cats roam around on a busy street is the possibility that ( if the cat happens to be friendly with people) ANYONE could pick them up and they may not have the same good intentions you did.
So when does Bob go poof? ;)

the Tribe

kimlovescats
09-04-2006, 07:48 PM
:rolleyes: I sure am glad you saved this little girl before her lack of "street smarts" got her killed!!!! :(

rg_girlca
09-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Oh it's easy to keep my temper with him because he actually cracks me up sometimes with his comments.

Another thing that I forgot to mention that my hubby brought to my attention was that Pierre said he didn't feel as connected to Izzy like he does to Bob.

Now get this one, because this is a real goody. He said that he put his feelings on reserve for Izzy, because he knew that one day she would be picked up. I said to him, "Knowing this and you still let her outside." He said,
"Yeah. I don't feel they should be confined in the house." I just bit my tongue.

Have you guys ever seen a commercial that was on years ago...

"Here's your brain" and it shows a drawing of a brain. Then says.
"Here's you brain on drugs" and shows eggs frying in a pan.

Well there you have it folks. They should have had a picture of Pierre holding the pan.