PDA

View Full Version : Daisy munching pork hocks *pics*

zoey
09-04-2006, 12:15 PM
This is Daisy's introduction to pork hocks. I've read they're good and dog's like 'em, but not untill inspecting the bones did I really know which part of the pig they are!!
lol. anyway she likes 'em. look and see. :D :D
more to come....

zoey
09-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Bliss!!! :D :D

.sarah
09-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Cute pictures! Looks like she's enjoying it. My crew loves pork hocks too. I haven't found them whole in a while though, and they'll swallow the split ones without even chewing.

zoey
09-05-2006, 07:13 PM
hee hee. i thought i'd bump this up, in case anyone missed it. :D :D

Dorothy39
09-05-2006, 07:29 PM
I'm glad you bumped it up!!!! Thank-You, I would have missed it. I've been real busy lately!!!!!!!! :eek:

Your "Daisy Pearl" looks like she is going to town on the Pig HocK!!!! The "Bliss pictures" look as though Summer might not end at all. ;)

I'm wondering if my daughter's German Sheperds would like them. :rolleyes:

They are staying with me again, getting pampered on Beef Center Slices today.

cmayer31
09-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Looks like Daisy is really enjoying her pork hocks! I had to laugh at the picture of her just touching her tongue to it.

Danegirl2208
09-05-2006, 08:20 PM
yum yum!! ..my 2 havent tried pork hocks yet, but im sure they would gulp them down too! thanks for sharing these, Daisy is adorable!

Almita
09-05-2006, 08:22 PM
hehe what a cutie there eating on pork hocks! Great pictures.

zoey
09-06-2006, 08:19 AM
"I'm wondering if my daughter's German Sheperds would like them"
Dorothy, try them and see, if you can find them. The ones I found are smoked, so they last a bit longer in the fridge. They seem to have a lot of fat on them, so i started out by just cutting some off one the first day and then giving her the bony part, the next. Seemed to work fine - no tummy upset. It's a nice change for miss pearl. She hasn't had much pork before. Say hi to those poochies for me!
Thanks, all. Glad you liked the pics. :D :D

Dorothy39
09-06-2006, 08:35 AM
"I'm wondering if my daughter's German Sheperds would like them"
Dorothy, try them and see, if you can find them. The ones I found are smoked, so they last a bit longer in the fridge. They seem to have a lot of fat on them, so i started out by just cutting some off one the first day and then giving her the bony part, the next. Seemed to work fine - no tummy upset. It's a nice change for miss pearl. She hasn't had much pork before. Say hi to those poochies for me!
Thanks, all. Glad you liked the pics. :D :D

Thank-you Zoey, for the information!!!! ;) I've seen them at the Pet Store
where I buy their food. I think you are talking about the kind that are sold at Groceries Stores in the Meat Section, am I right?

Ginger's Mom
09-06-2006, 08:36 AM
Hehe, how cute. Mm-mm good, huh Daisy? :D

She is getting much more labby looking as she matures, isn't she? :)

zoey
09-06-2006, 08:38 AM
yes, Dorothy. The grocery store is where i saw them. i never did before. maybe they'll start carrying them regularly. they really don't have many special items there. I'm thinking of contacting some local butchers, to get some more variety for Daisy.

zoey
09-06-2006, 08:41 AM
Ginger's Mom,
Yes, she is very labbish. Still a bit smaller that the ordinary lab, which is fine by me since I live in a flat.
She's has definately grown though, and strong. Her little muscles are as hard as a rock. *puts her mom to shame* :D