PDA

View Full Version : All of those Special Lost Ones

JGuitaristR
05-29-2002, 08:10 AM
Take time to write about some of your Special ones that you've lost.

Just last month, I lost my rottweiler to bone cancer. She'd urinate all over herself, we eventually had to put diapers on her. She had a huge mass on her arm, hard as a rock.
Murphie loved bread and cats. And she always growled at us, but not in a bad way. It was her "pur." When we were petting her or scratching her in her fav. spot, she'd growl, but never bit. She would spend hours and hours staring at 1 cat. This apparently was fun to her. You know what they say, to each his own.;) There was a little bread-holder, the top flipped UP, and everytime she wanted some bread, she'd take her nose and lift the top up and let it slam down so we could hear it... she quickly learned everytime she did that, she'd get bread. She was a great companion who was loved.
Murphie was a very special dog and she will always be missed.

Heather Wallace
05-29-2002, 08:51 AM
EBONY THE RABBIT

12 NOVEMBER 2001 - 29 MAY 2002

Sadly missed
:( :(

Ann
05-29-2002, 09:02 AM
There was a thread similar to this a while back, and since I don't wanna get too sad I'll just copy what I wrote then and not have to re-do it all and start crying again;

When I was little we lived at another house, quite close to a big road. We had some cats (can't remember how many, I was really little at the time) and they were all outdoors cats. I remember that one of them would always sit outside the house and follow us when we'd go for walks... Her name was Smulan (means "crum", very common cat name in Sweden). But one day she didn't come home and we found her dead in the road. It was awful... I remember how I was in denial and kept saying "That isn't Smulan! It's not her!" and in my mind I pretended that she was living happily somewhere... It hurts so bad to even think about it.

And then there was Dino... A collie that I loved so much. I remember how him and me always would curl up together and sleep on the staircase together... I felt so safe with him like that. Here's a picture of him, me and Titti:

http://www.peachkin.com/pics/me-titti-dino.jpg

I don't remember why, but he had to be put to sleep. If I remember correctly he had a hip problem and was in pain. All I remember was blaiming my mom for it, because one time it was raining outside and she forced Dino to go outside to pee although he didn't want to (he didn't like rain) and he slipped on the stairs and fell. I don't think that is what caused his hip problem but I blamed her for it when I was little in my hurt and longing for Dino.

And then there was Titti... Ok, I'm sorry but I can't talk about her right now. I already am close to tears from thinking about all these beloved pets that I lost and it is still such a short while ago since Titti and... sorry. I thought I could write about them without being a crybaby but I guess I couldn't. Sorry

~*~
These threads are always nice, with the exception that they always make me sad :(

Sam's My Baby
05-29-2002, 03:58 PM
Snowball~my beloved angora bunny that lived a very short 2 years.
Fee Fee and Cricket~My two parakeets. I had a great time caring for them and having them as my own and also playing with them. It makes me sad to think of them becuase Cricket died in my hands right before my eyes.:(
Smokey~My brother's hamster, I dont remember much but I do know that I loved him and played with him a lot when I was little.:( :(

toughCookie
06-01-2002, 01:07 PM
I have posted this before on cattalk, but here it is again...

http://hometown.aol.com/mytwocatsmc/myhomepage/petmemorial.html

rg_girlca
06-02-2002, 12:27 AM
ToughCookie what a beautiful memorial to your adorable Cookie.
May she rest in peace.

Pam
06-02-2002, 07:47 AM
ToughCookie I had never seen that link before and often wondered about your logon name. It is so beautifully explained in your site and I congratulate you on a wonderful tribute to your ToughCookie.