PDA

View Full Version : Christmas card swap

Corinna
09-03-2006, 09:00 PM
I know it seems early but to get names and deadlines are we going to do it again this year? I loved t last year. Ummm err Val are you going to again this year?

Sevaede
09-03-2006, 11:54 PM
I would love to participate in something like this! :D

CatLuvrs
09-04-2006, 08:06 AM
I would love to do this!!! Sounds fun!

dukedogsmom
09-04-2006, 08:44 AM
I'll participate but not organise. One year was enough for me. Don't like feeling bad about people that didn't follow through with it.

Cincy'sMom
09-04-2006, 10:11 AM
If no one else wants to, I'll organize it this year

Corinna
09-04-2006, 10:34 AM
It was so much fun I enjoyed it. Cards from all over the world and pictures of the furry kids. I ended up with just 2 that didn't fallow through. one came in in April . Cincys mom I hope you'll do it.
Just for those wanting to have this it does cost a bit to do it so save NOW as the cards arn't bad but postage will get you . the overseas ones are a lot more than in the us. Last year there was about 25 people who particapated and you must send to every one on the list.

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Thank you Cincy's mom!!! I am participating!

Reminds me I'd better start creating a new PT-card with my girls!!

MajesticCollies
09-04-2006, 10:48 AM
I'm in!!!!!!!

Corinna
09-04-2006, 02:45 PM
cincys mom i'll help if you want me too

Husky_mom
09-04-2006, 03:10 PM
just on average how much was $$ it, considering im from another country so i wont be saving even to US LOL, ust to get an estimate how much was to send overseas and such

and if we can send ours to someone in US (as many Pters are from there) and then they send it to them will it be cheaper or double the cost??

sorry, to ask so much but I would like to get in :p :D

BC_MoM
09-04-2006, 03:17 PM
I would like to partcipate! I'm not sure what it's all about because I've never participated, anyone care to explain?

.sarah
09-04-2006, 03:31 PM
I was bummed that I couldn't participate last year. Hopefully now I've been a member long enough ;)

Roxyluvsme13
09-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Dunno if I can afford the postage, but I might join.. I'm kind of discouraged about swaps now because I still haven't got my bandannas from the bandanna swap, but ah well.

Husky_mom
09-04-2006, 03:54 PM
I would like to partcipate! I'm not sure what it's all about because I've never participated, anyone care to explain?

people sign up and at the end lets say we signed 30 people, so you have to send each of the 30 a christmas card, bought/made, whatever............pretty simple, just consider some pters are out of country or overseas (like me, and for me EVERYONE is out of country :eek: )

Cincy'sMom
09-04-2006, 07:28 PM
people sign up and at the end lets say we signed 30 people, so you have to send each of the 30 a christmas card, bought/made, whatever............pretty simple, just consider some pters are out of country or overseas (like me, and for me EVERYONE is out of country :eek: )

One thing taht has been done for those outside the US in the past, is to send the card to one person in the US, along with $$ for stamps. The person in the US buys the stamps and sends the cards out, making it cheaper for those in other countries.

petslover
09-04-2006, 07:34 PM
I was suprirsed to see this so early, but I do want to participate in the event! :D

RobiLee
09-04-2006, 07:35 PM
I'm in!! It's always fun to get the Christmas cards from all over the world. :)

Lori Jordan
09-04-2006, 07:41 PM
sign me up

Corinna
09-04-2006, 09:43 PM
I would be willing to do the remails for the pet talkers from out of country. I talked to the Post office and no increases until Dec 2007 . So $.39 for each card . It takes some people time to get orginzed and thats why so early.

Kfamr
09-04-2006, 10:01 PM
I'd be willing to organize it this year. :)
I am used to getting the hard feelings about people not receiving, so if people don't follow thru it will not be anything new to me.

BC_MoM
09-04-2006, 10:17 PM
Kay,
if it weren't for you.. half the events like this would never happen on this board! Thanks for offering to organize it to make it possible for me and others to join in for some fun!

K9karen
09-04-2006, 11:25 PM
Oh Goody! I was just reorganizing my cards from last year and my brain was churning (butter) on what kind of picture to do this year....
I don't think it's ever too early to start. I usually start putting some $$ away early because I wouldn't miss it for the world. Hell, I'd rather give up a meal.
My financial situation stinks too, but I'm always willing to help out PTers. I would be willing to also help out mailing the foreign cards in the US.
If any newbies are wondering, I never had a problem with my address on the PT list. No crazies or stalkers.
Kay, Corinna, I'm lousy on the computer but let me know if there's something I can do.

krazyaboutkatz
09-05-2006, 12:12 AM
I've participated every year since I've been a member and have always enjoyed it.:) I can't wait to do it again this year.:)

Cincy'sMom
09-05-2006, 06:27 AM
I'd be willing to organize it this year. :)
I am used to getting the hard feelings about people not receiving, so if people don't follow thru it will not be anything new to me.

That's fine. You are more used to organizing this stuff then me anyway

BitsyNaceyDog
09-05-2006, 10:35 AM
I've participated the past 2 years and I hope to this year too.

k9krazee
09-05-2006, 10:56 AM
I really want to participate this year!

anna_66
09-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Yep..I'm in:D

Logan
09-05-2006, 12:59 PM
As much as I love it, I have not participated in many years. I simply cannot, with all the groups I belong to and support.

Thanks, Amy, for handling it, thought. Have fun, you guys!

Logan

todd
09-05-2006, 09:08 PM
IM going to thank it over

cyber-sibes
09-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Count us in! I want to do the card swap this year. Did the gift exchange last year, which was fun too.

pnance
09-06-2006, 12:23 AM
I'm in. I did this last year and loved getting cards from all over.

Karen
09-06-2006, 01:43 AM
Of course I'm in! :)

RICHARD
09-06-2006, 01:59 AM
In!

:D

Dorothy39
09-06-2006, 08:01 AM
I've been thinking about this for a few days :rolleyes: :D

Count me in and let me know how I can help. I would willing to send postage stamps for Pet Talk members who are living abroad (out of the U.S.)

Felicia's Mom
09-06-2006, 08:02 AM
I am going to try. I really want to, but have trouble writing. :( I have a
stamp with "NANCY" on it, but want one with "Felicia's Mom" (for those who don't know my real name). Then there are the envelopes to address: I don't have a typewriter anymore.
It's not that I can't afford it, or don't have time: it is "writing." :(

Cataholic
09-06-2006, 09:13 AM
Count me in! And, thanks to Kay for agreeing to organize it.

I would be willing to serve as a US host for those outside the country. :D

Nomilynn
09-06-2006, 09:45 AM
stamp with "NANCY" on it, but want one with "Felicia's Mom" (for those who don't know my real name). Then there are the envelopes to address: I don't have a typewriter anymore.

Nancy, do you know how or have a friend that could help you put the addresses onto labels and print them out? Because Kay will have them in a computer program anyway, you might be able to convert them into a file suitable for a labelling program. I would hate to see you not be able to participate.. your cards always showed up at my doorstep first!

It is my plan to participate again this year!

sparks19
09-06-2006, 09:51 AM
I am not sure if I have been a member long enough but I would LOVE to participate :D

Kfamr
09-06-2006, 01:00 PM
Amy, I only meant I'll organize if no one else takes the job. So, if you want to, go right ahead! :)

Cincy'sMom
09-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Amy, I only meant I'll organize if no one else takes the job. So, if you want to, go right ahead! :)

That was sorta my feeling to. Want to work on it together?

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-06-2006, 01:19 PM

If no-one in the USA will help you with this (printing the addresses onto labels) I will do it for you and post them to you from Bahrain.

I will not be able to participate this year because:
1) I am not doing much free-lance work at the moment, to spend all my time at home with Cali, so the cost is an issue, and
2) we MAY be moving, and I have no idea where I will be by December :(

Corinna
09-18-2006, 11:01 PM
Have we decided who was going to do it this year? I will help but haven't done one before so not sure how to. I will still accept the cards from abroad and repost them from here.

Dorothy39
09-18-2006, 11:49 PM
I have never partispated in this either. I can help by accepting cards from abroad and sending them out.

Corinna
09-19-2006, 02:49 PM
I know Kay has been busy looking for Kiki . so I guess I could do it. This is one of the easier ones.
I'll work on the rules and form will post it later on tonight.