PDA

View Full Version : ** Introducing my new furkid - Phoenix!! Update (Sept. 5)

Russian Blue
09-02-2006, 07:12 PM
:D :D :D

The rescue named her Daisy but I have renamed her Phoenix. I figure this is a 'rebirth' of sorts and she is a ball of calico fire! ;) She's settled in quite nicely and is purring up a storm. She received all her vaccinations today and she didn't show any reaction.

Nakita and Phoenix briefly met when I first brought her in...no hissing just low posture to the ground from Nakita. I guess for her it was a shock since she's never seen anything else with 4 legs in this household. ;) Phoenix has been meowing upstairs and Nakita sits at the bottom of stairs wanting to go up and investigate - but is surprising quite calm. Right now both cats are sleeping and that gave me a break to come online. We're building a mesh screen so the two of them can sniff and see each other soon as well.

Here's Phoenix... :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/Phoenix/Phoenix7small.jpg

Check out the circle on her chin...Rob says she has a beard ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/Phoenix/Phoenix10small.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/Phoenix/PhoenixFaceSmall.jpg

continued....

Russian Blue
09-02-2006, 07:12 PM
She has short hair, close to the body...but her tail is *poofy* :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/Phoenix/Phoenixtoysmallalter.jpg

Sleepy girl....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/Phoenix/PhoenixSleep4small.jpg

:D :D :D

krazyaboutkatz
09-02-2006, 07:17 PM
AWWWWW!!! She's so adorable and I love the black smudge under her chin.:D Her name is cute too. I'm sure that Nakita will accept her in time. Have fun. There's nothing quite like having a kitten to stir things up in your household.:)

Abby&Buddy'sMom
09-02-2006, 07:19 PM
What a beautiful little sweetie!! In no time you will be taking pictures of both Nakita and Phoenix together :)
You did a great thing by taking her in :)

CatLuvrs
09-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Pheonix is sooo cute! Congrats! I love the name! :D

rg_girlca
09-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Oh she is such a little doll. Beautiful coloring and markings.

You must keep us updated on how Nakita and Phoenix react to each other.

Good luck with the introductions.

Laura's Babies
09-02-2006, 09:10 PM
I love that "smudge" on her chin and that "tear" in the corner of her eye. She is adoreable and cute as a button. It is going to be wonderful watching her grow up!

Bengalz
09-02-2006, 09:35 PM
Oh My Goodness!! She is beautiful. As she grows into her coat Phoenix is destined to be a stunner. And so adorable. Cute little kitten face and fuzzy ears and smudgies - can you tell I'm in love with your baby kitten?

Congratulations on your purrfect new addition :D

kimlovescats
09-02-2006, 09:37 PM
She is BEAUTIFUL, and I love the chin spot too!!!! :D It sounds like she and Nakita are getting off to a good start! I bet sweet little Nakita will like having a little sister to play with! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D

Kim

RedHedd
09-02-2006, 10:12 PM
I love that "smudge" on her chin and that "tear" in the corner of her eye. I love her makeup! :D beautiful markings, the kissy spot on her chin and that poofy tail - so cute!

Dorothy39
09-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Your opening remarks about this " desert flower", (Daisy) renamed , "Phoenix" , ~ gave me such a chuckle!!!! :)

She is certainly right at home with you, I can see that!!!

Her distinctive markings , coupled with her WIDE EYED expressions are proof that this little ball of "calico fire " is a treasure to enjoy.

Great pictures!!!! I can even hear "Phoenix" purring in one of them!!!

(Now I want a CAT!!) :eek:

jenluckenbach
09-03-2006, 04:32 AM
Oh, she is a sweetie! :D :D

CultureJunky
09-03-2006, 06:19 AM
She's beautiful, what a sweet little lady. I'm sure she and Nakita will get on swimmingly eventually.

K & L
09-03-2006, 07:59 AM
She is adorable. We had a cat in the park (Bo's sister) with a black spot on her chin like that so we named her Button. Precious she is!

smokey the elder
09-03-2006, 08:08 AM
What a cutie patootie! I just want to *kiss* that little soul patch. <3 <3 <3 I'm sure she'll get along well with Nakita, but take it slow. Nakita may have her nose out of joint for awhile.

jazzcat
09-03-2006, 11:30 AM
She's beautiful and I love her name. Welcome home and to PT sweetie!

Felicia's Mom
09-03-2006, 11:34 AM
Phoenix is a cutie! I love her new name! :D

Killearn Kitties
09-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Phoenix sweetheart, you are absolutely beautiful, and I just love your beard! :D

momcat
09-03-2006, 12:50 PM
Another heart thief right here on PT! Phoenix, you are an absolute sweetheart with such beautiful markings. I hope you don't mind having your picture taken because your PT fans will want to see much more of you.

Vermontcat
09-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Congratulations on the new adorable addition to your family! :D
Phoenix is just beautiful and her name really suits her.
I love her little black chin spot, Samantha has one too.
When we got Samantha as a kitten, her former owner said Samantha and all 3 of her littermates had little black goatees. :)

I can't wait to see photos of beautiful Nakita and adorable Phoenix playing together. :D

Barbara
09-03-2006, 01:23 PM
I called Siegmar upstairs to see here too. We think that just like us you will have two completely different very beautiful kitties :)

I love the name of Phoenix! Phoenixes are not only re-born but bring good luck :)

Russian Blue
09-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Thanks so much guys for all the comments! I'm having an absolute ball with her. ;) Here's two more from today. She sitting next to the screen divider we created for Nakita/Phoenix meetings.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/Phoenix/PhoenixDay29small.jpg

This one is blurry because I was laughing. She just finished doing a huge gymnastic routine and settled into that position for one second when I clicked the picture. :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/Phoenix/PhoenixDay22smallfinal.jpg

Don't mind the plaster on the wall beside her. We didn't finish putting up the baseboards before her arrival.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/Phoenix/PhoenixDay27smallfinal.jpg

auggie
09-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Congratulations on your new kitty!
She is absolutely beautiful and of course I love her name.LOL!
The gymnastic routine reminds me so much on my calico when I first got her.
I miss those kitten days and her summersaults while playing.
My Auggie has an orange spot on her lip like you Phoenix.
How old is Phoenix? I’m guessing maybe 4 mos.?
You’re going to have so much fun with her and I believe that Nakita and her new baby sister are going to get along just fine.

Phoenixes are not only re-born but bring good luck
Barbara, I guess I need to have a talk with my Phoenix, because I'm still waiting for my good luck. :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-04-2006, 03:24 AM
YEAH!!! Nakita has a new sister!!!
Congrats with your newbie, she is lovely, and she will grow into a fabulous princess!!!

catmandu
09-04-2006, 11:04 AM
Phoenix is such a bundle of colors, and I think that once Nakita get used to her that they will be fast friends.
All of us love to have one of our own to be with, and Cats are no exception.

orangemm
09-04-2006, 12:28 PM
What a darling little beauty she is! Phoenix, I love your little 'goatee'!

Just take it slow and easy and soon she and Nakita will be best friends.

Congratulations on your new family member!

P.S. We had a black & white female who had a little goatee like that and we named her Dali (after Salvatore). :D

catlover4ever
09-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Congratulations on your newest addition....she is absolutely adorable. Good luck introducing Nakita and Pheonix....my advice is to just go slow.

Russian Blue
09-05-2006, 10:18 AM
I've been asked to update the thread on how the intros between Phoenix & Nakita are going. See below.

I miss those kitten days and her summersaults while playing....How old is Phoenix? I’m guessing maybe 4 mos.?
You’re going to have so much fun with her and I believe that Nakita and her new baby sister are going to get along just fine.

It's been 4 years since I had a kitten and I can't believe I forgot how much energy that little body can contain! :eek: Rob and I have been taking turns sleeping with her. I sleep with Nakita one night downstairs and Rob sleeps upstairs with Phoenix then we switch. She does not stop purring and wants to sleep right by your neck/face. Then she will proceed to lick your face with her paws wrapped around it. I must say it's *very* cute.......but not ALL night long. :rolleyes: ;) At least I get a face exfoliation - free of charge. :p

Since she is a stray, they estimated her birth date to be approximately June 10th so that makes her just shy of 3 months. What's funny is that she is already 3.1 pounds and Nakita, at 4 years old is only 5 pounds! She's going to smother Nakita when she gets older. :eek:

Nakita's meeting her daily behind a mesh divider and Nakita will come up each day...look at her..and then hiss. No back arching or growling....so I guess this is a start of the introductions. Poor Phoenix, she looks at Nakita and just wants to play.

Vio&Juni
09-07-2006, 04:01 PM
OK, there was a kitty I wanted to steal in Canada, now there are two :).

SHE IS SOOOOOOOO PRETTY!!!!

awwwww, kittens....