PDA

View Full Version : Oh, you poor bird =(

zoomer
09-02-2006, 03:41 PM
I was at Sarah (Warahgirl1995)'s house and we went into the garage to talk. Well, that's when I saw the same bird we had seen in the garage at least 3 weeks or more ago! We had opened the garage door and left the garage for him to fly out of then, but now the bird could barely fly! Luckily, there had been a bag of bird food and a garbage can of dog food in the garage... but... could he get into the bag of bird food? And there was no dog food left, we doubted he'd eaten any of that. His wings were all ruffled and misplaced. He was terrified of us, trying his best to fly as far away as he could from us. We tried catching him to nurse him back to health and finally got him corned between the washer and the wall. I almost had him but there was a hole in the wall. He hopped into it! We're not sure if he came out of the wall or not, but we're so worried! Wishing for a mircale right now...

Argranade
09-02-2006, 03:54 PM
What type of bird is it?

Any pics?

zoomer
09-02-2006, 04:03 PM
What if it's still in the wall and can't get out? Ugh I'm so worried! What is it dies in there? If it's still in there is there any way we can lure it out? We put a shoe box of food by where he climbed into the wall and a cup of water in case he does come out..

What type of bird is it?

Any pics?

No... sorry, didn't have my camera :( But it's one of those small birds that come in lots of colors... and you always see them by the bird feeder.

It was like this one except rounder...
http://www.rspb.org.uk/Images/aquatic%20warbler%20180_tcm3-28559.jpg

And like this one except a wee bit bigger.
http://www.wildbirdcenter.com/www_images/blackcp_chickadee_150_te.jpg

Argranade
09-02-2006, 04:16 PM
Sorry I dont know what breed it is unless there was a picture thats ok...

Well if this bird is not feeling good it needs some help.

Try putting a box where ever it was then put seeds there with a stick to hold the box up in the back then hoepfuly when it eats those seeds push the box down and ya got it.

Make a hole at the top of the box because if you lift it to grab the bird it can sqeezz out fast.
Clean all the other seeds and foods out fo the way so the bird only has one place to go and thats near the box trap.

Once you caught it I can tell you what may be wrong if you get some pics of its poop and the bird.

Puffed up bird may not survive long tho. :(

zoomer
09-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Sorry I dont know what breed it is unless there was a picture thats ok...

Well if this bird is not feeling good it needs some help.

Try putting a box where ever it was then put seeds there with a stick to hold the box up in the back then hoepfuly when it eats those seeds push the box down and ya got it.

Make a hole at the top of the box because if you lift it to grab the bird it can sqeezz out fast.
Clean all the other seeds and foods out fo the way so the bird only has one place to go and thats near the box trap.

Once you caught it I can tell you what may be wrong if you get some pics of its poop and the bird.

Puffed up bird may not survive long tho. :(

I'm sooo worried! It's been a while since we saw the bird tho.. but we'll still try..