PDA

View Full Version : Storm's pic in Rescued Pet Photo Contest

krazyaboutkatz
05-29-2002, 01:19 AM
Hi, I entered all three of my cats in the "Rescued Pet Photo Contest." I just received an e-mail today that they have entered Storm's picture in it. I'm so proud of him. I sent them quite a few pictures of him and they picked the one that I call "Serious Storm." If you want to vote for him just click on this address:www.pawsinprint.com/photocontest.htm Thank you for your support. They have him as the very first cat or the fourth picture.:)

Ann
05-29-2002, 03:08 AM
I don't know if this is just me, but that page is completely out of whack... The buttons were not under the pics even in some cases and I didn't know what went to what picture...

I'll try it again later or take a screenshot so you can tell me if it's supposed to be like that or what.

Gio
05-29-2002, 06:01 AM
Storm got the highest vote from me! :)

Pam
05-29-2002, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Ann
I don't know if this is just me, but that page is completely out of whack... The buttons were not under the pics even in some cases and I didn't know what went to what picture...

I'll try it again later or take a screenshot so you can tell me if it's supposed to be like that or what.

I had the same problem. Couldn't figure out what button went with what picture!

C.C.'s Mom
05-29-2002, 06:22 AM
Storm got the highest vote from us too!!!

AmberLee
05-29-2002, 09:23 AM
Although I'm not fond of Internet Explorer, the page looked fine on my browser.

Storm is so precious in that picture. He got a '5' from this household. Best of luck. Do you get a free card(s) with Storm if he rates highly? Do you know what sort of card he'll be on? When will it be published?

Is he going with Tubby and Peanut's agent or will he be free-lancing? Can we Pet Talkers get discounts on his autograph now that he's internationally famous? ;) :D :cool: :cool:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-29-2002, 11:56 AM
Storm absolutely got the "5" rating from us. What an absolutely beautiful picture of him!!! Hope they think he's card quality because we sure do. :)

If Storm is interested I can have Tubby & Peanut's people get with him. He seems to do a decent job and isn't very expensive. ;)

jennifert
05-29-2002, 11:59 AM
My vote is in! Good luck!!

koxka
05-29-2002, 12:25 PM
I voted for Storm too, a "5".

krazyaboutkatz
05-30-2002, 12:45 AM
I just wanted to thank everyone for voting for Storm. If I win Storm will be featured in their "Rescue Stories" line and I'll receive complimentary cards of Storm. Please keep voting (but only if you want to).:)

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-30-2002, 01:27 AM
WOW CONGRATULATIONS STORM.....
You must be so proud!!!! I just love that picture of him and you got a 5 from us too sweet boy!!!!!!:D :D

wayne0214
05-30-2002, 09:32 AM
I voted for Storm and I was also impressed with the picture of the sleeping tabby. There is a particularly colorful calico. Too bad the photo was taken with chicken wire in the background. She could have scored higher points, IMO, if they had taken her photo with flowers.:)

........wayne

NoahsMommy
05-30-2002, 03:01 PM
Such a cutie Storm!! :) She sure got my vote!! :)

NoahsMommy
05-30-2002, 03:01 PM
I'm sorry, I mean "I vote for HIM, HE got my vote." Sorry Storm...:)

rg_girlca
05-31-2002, 06:16 PM
Storm you gorgeous boy. You got my vote for sure. Good luck sweetie.

AmberLee
05-31-2002, 10:44 PM
KAK,

How long does this contest run? When will you know if storm is one of the finalists? [He looks so adorable in his photo, but when do we celebrate his victory? Do we have a schedule of sorts?]

krazyaboutkatz
05-31-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee
KAK,

How long does this contest run? When will you know if storm is one of the finalists? [He looks so adorable in his photo, but when do we celebrate his victory? Do we have a schedule of sorts?] I have no idea AmberLee. In the e-mail it said that they get many more pictures than they can post and that they will try to rotate the pictures. I don't even know how long they let each picture remain on their website. I'm sure they will e-mail me and let me know the results. I'll try to e-mail them and maybe I can find out more details. I'll let you know then.

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-31-2002, 11:03 PM
Sorry sometimes I can be slow..:p
Are all of your sweet kitties rescues? Have you ever told their stories before? I would love to hear..

krazyaboutkatz
05-31-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
Sorry sometimes I can be slow..:p
Are all of your sweet kitties rescues? Have you ever told their stories before? I would love to hear.. Yes Sara all three of them are rescue kitties. I don't think that I've told all of their stories before but I can now. I adopted Storm from the Humane Society on Jan.11, 1997. I don't know his real birthday so I consider this day to be it. He was out with the stray cats even though he shouldn't have been. His former owner had abandoned him and someone found him and brought him to the Humane Society. Then his former owner found out about it and told the Humane Society that he didn't want him anymore. I was looking for an affectionate and friendly cat. I didn't even see Storm until he put his paw out of his cage and caught my attention. Then I asked the lady to get him out so I could hold him. He was very friendly and purry. I fell in love with him. Another interesting thing was that the number on his cage matched the number that I picked(you have to pick a number to be waited on). They said he was 2 years old but my vet later said that he thought he was younger than that. I consider him one at the time. After about a week he started sneezing and had a hard time breathing. I took him to the vet and found out that he had an upper respiratory infection, fleas, earmites, toxoplasmosis and probably other internal parasites. I nursed him back to health and we formed a very strong bond. He's a very special cat to me and I love him very much. I'm so glad that I found him. He's now 6 years old and a very happy and healthy cat.

krazyaboutkatz
05-31-2002, 11:53 PM
Since Storm is a very social cat, I had to get another cat to keep him company. I tried another adult male cat first but it didn't work out. I then adopted a male kitten from an organization called Care. Pepper was found motherless and had to be bottle fed. He was 9 weeks old when I adopted him. When I brought him home it only took Storm 1 hour to bond with him. He started washing him like Pepper was his baby. Here's a picture of that. When I took Pepper to the vet he had fleas, roundworms, and toxoplasmosis. Now Pepper is 5 years old and he and Storm are best friends. He was diagnosed with megacolon last year so he needs medicine twice a day for the rest of his life. As long as he receives this, he's a happy and healthy cat. I love him very much.

krazyaboutkatz
06-01-2002, 12:07 AM
Here's the story of Sunny. I adopted Sunny last year in April. He was 8 months old. He and his siblings had been found in a wood pile and they were motherless. They were able to eat soft food and all of his siblings became adopted. I was told that he was a slow learner as far as him being able to eat by himself. I adopted him from an organization called Unconditional Love and it was a second chance adoption. I was looking for a kitten and I wanted a male that was orange and white. I called this organization and left a message on their machine. A lady, named Tracy, called me and told me about my future Sunny. I said I wanted a kitten and she said "do you really want to go through that again?" I told her I'd come by the next day and check him out. Well it was love at first sight. The woman who took care of Sunny told me about him and I knew he would fit in perfectly since his personality was very similar to Storm's. It only took Storm 3 days to bond with Sunny and Pepper 5 days. The vet was amazed when I told him this. Sunny is a very happy and healthy cat. He'll be 2 years old in August. Storm and Pepper love him and so do I. Storm and Sunny willl wash each others heads from time to time. It's so cute. Now I have one big happy family.

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-01-2002, 12:31 AM
What sweet stories... Poor Storm went through a lot when you got him.... and Pepper too.... I really loved the part where Storm washed Peppers head **and the picture too** I didn't realize they were all so young... I am so glad you found all of your purrbabies... yall sure look like one big happy family **hugs to all of you**

aly
06-01-2002, 12:48 AM
:o :o :o I didn't realize it was a contest and I gave every single picture on the site a 5 :o I'll go back and give Storm extra votes.

I loved your rescue stories. I have a big soft spot for your kitties and almost named my orange and white male after Sunny, but I went with J names.

krazyaboutkatz
06-03-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee
KAK,

How long does this contest run? When will you know if storm is one of the finalists? [He looks so adorable in his photo, but when do we celebrate his victory? Do we have a schedule of sorts?] AmberLee, I just received an e-mail saying that this is an ongoing contest and that the pictures remain on their website for about 2 weeks or longer if the picture is doing well. Storm's picture is still there so he must be doing well. Thanks again to everyone who voted for him.:)