PDA

View Full Version : My Baby (Caterpillar) Is All Grown Up!

Edwina's Secretary
09-02-2006, 10:59 AM
I doubt this is one of the caterpillars I have been watching...but I saw it flutter about last night....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid214/p4cda5a0c87011d620cf315b3dd1b3510/ed300d30.jpg
Quite large too.

I am being to have second thoughts about this wildlife sanctuary I am running in my yard. Tree-trashing caterpillars, pool-infesting worms, and now spider season. Butterfly-sized spider that spin webs everywhere. Now I have found two round holes in my side yard....gophers I suppose???

Randi
09-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Sara, it could well be the one!! Can you see it anywhere else? What a perfect creation! :)

So it's spider season there too? I just saw a web outside my window. They're fascinating! Now, we're waiting to hear how the E's react to them, Fister finds them amusing. :D

Barbara
09-02-2006, 01:01 PM
This butterfly looks wonderful- I hope someone here can identify it.
About gophers- wait until Eddie introduces them to you ;)

Chilli
09-02-2006, 01:04 PM
Beautiful! =D
Sounds like you have quite a range of wildlife trying to take up residence in your yard. :D All I'm getting here is large numbers of walking sticks.

Pam
09-02-2006, 01:07 PM
These creatures are there to keep you occupied so that you don't miss Shirley too much. With all of those horrific intruders in your yard I am glad you have the protection of one such as Eddie. We sometimes get crickets in the basement in the fall (don't ask me how they get in :confused: ). I find a leg here, a torso there, and I pat my boys on the head and tell them what a good job they are doing. It sounds like Eddie has a very interesting hunting ground there. ;)

Rachel
09-02-2006, 04:08 PM
Sara, *back home* in Illinois you would have had the honor of the invasion of the ants. My boss spent $675. to have an exterminator deal with some at a rental house he owns. I just kept sucking mine up with my trusty Lux vaccuum cleaner. Eventually the word got out that all those advance guards weren't coming back to the hill and they stopped coming in.

lizbud
09-02-2006, 05:26 PM
The butterfly is beautiful & the little critters can be interesting, but they
can't replace Shirley.I miss seeing her adventures.

Bengalz
09-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Oh!! Thank you so much. I love butterflies and when I saw your caterpillar(s) was hoping to see what is morphed into. Gorgeous :D