PDA

View Full Version : Wake up Lizzie!!!

jenluckenbach
09-02-2006, 10:52 AM
I know you are 3 hours behind me, but I have GREAT news.

Lucille from Kat Connection arranged for me to get Leda directly from the shelter tomorrow (even though they are closed!)

This will prevent the poor scared girl from being moved to a foster home and them moved again by me.

I CAN write them a check! So, since Lucille does not have paypal, you could paypal ME. (just use the email address you already have for me).

Leda has tested negative! :D And the vet confirmed that she is spayed. And we already know that the shelter has brought her up on her shots.

We will be leaving PA quite early tomorrow to try to beat traffic going into New York.

I can't wait to meet this sweet, scared girl.

Lizzie
09-02-2006, 11:56 AM
It's Saturday, so of course I didn't get up at 5am as usual, but I'm here now. The computer is in the kittens' isolation room so I had to read PT for a while, protecting my cup of tea and cookie while coping with them rampaging all over me, before I could get down my keyboard.

That's wonderful news Leda tested negative. The only thing that worried me was if she tested positive to FeLV, because I couldn't have put her in with my FIV+ boys and the kittens and I couldn't imagine, didn't want to imagine, what would happen to her then. And, well done to Lucille for allowing you to pick up Leda from the shelter. I have the impression that she's a very forceful lady.

I'll email you about paying you on PayPal through your email account since I'm only used to sites where I can click on a pay button.

I sounds like you are ready to roll. Enjoy the trip. I wish I could be there to take Leda out of her cage and tell her she's going home, but you doing it is the next best thing.

(Thank goodness someone gave me a light pen last week since I can keep using it to distract the kittens from my keyboard, the cursor and my cooling cup of tea.)

Catty1
09-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Lizzie - so did you get to have at least WARM tea? :)

To pay someone on PayPal without a link you have to set up your own account. It's free and easy.

Go to PayPal.com and you'll see the bit about setting one up.

Then you click on the Send Money tab, and all the info will be there. You just type in the email addy that you are sending it to, and voila!

Hope that helps!

hugs!

jenluckenbach
09-02-2006, 01:06 PM
Lizzie - so did you get to have at least WARM tea? :)

To pay someone on PayPal without a link you have to set up your own account. It's free and easy.

Go to PayPal.com and you'll see the bit about setting one up.

Then you click on the Send Money tab, and all the info will be there. You just type in the email addy that you are sending it to, and voila!

Hope that helps!

hugs!
THANKS!! (I forgot about the part where she needs her own account. :o )

Lizzie
09-02-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm a bit leery about setting up another PayPal account for myself since I was told about a month ago that there had been some "suspicous activity" on the one I had. I didn't read the email until it was too late to click on the link and fix things so I don't know just what happened, but my checking account was fine. I could look into other ways to pay you faster than a check. Or I could call your vet and credit your account there. I will need to put some money into your account there anyway to pay for Leda's pee'ing problems check-up. Also, what about gas money?

As to the tea, I did get a few "just the right temperature" sips. Now I'm going to make another and sit with my less frantic cats who will only lean and sit on me.

Jen - I assume you have planned to take a plastic sheet with you for your friend's car seat?

jenluckenbach
09-02-2006, 01:31 PM
A plastic sheet?? Do you think Charlie can't hold his water?? (LOL)

Leda will have her carrier all lined with nice absorbant stuff. ;)

jenluckenbach
09-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Lizzie, I visited the paypal site. I have never done this, but it says I can request payment from any email addres even if they do not have an account. I assume you can then pay with a credit card? Does anyone else know?

catmandu
09-02-2006, 04:24 PM
The Graet Thing is taht Leda will be going to a Graet Home where shewill have a chance to find a Furr Ever Home.
No wonder I love coming to this site!!!

Catty1
09-02-2006, 08:27 PM
If you HAVE a PayPal account, then go to "Request Money", and you can send an invoice or use the first option.

You send it to their email, they pay it by credit card, and don't have to have an account to do that.

Hope that helps!

jenluckenbach
09-03-2006, 04:23 AM
Lizzie must have fallen off the earth. :eek: I haven't heard from her since her last post. :confused:

Lizzie
09-03-2006, 04:36 AM
It's 2:30am here and I should really be in bed but I was torturing myself by visiting the Best Friends Sanctuary site at the same as giving Ashley some lap time. I've been waiting for you to send me the email that Catty1 told you about, although my comcast email has been acting up all day and I often can't get into it.

I really do need to eat something and get some sleep so you may well be back home with Leda by the time I get online again.

jenluckenbach
09-03-2006, 04:43 AM
I've been waiting for you to send me the email that Catty1 told you about, although my comcast email has been acting up all day and I often can't get into it.

I did not want to do that before I heard from you about whether it would be OK to do that. We'll work it out when we get back. (besides, it would be better to wait until you KNOW that your email account is working.)

Lizzie
09-03-2006, 05:09 AM
It's a comcast thing and hopefully the connection will be better tomorrow.

Have a safe drive. Good night!

jenluckenbach
09-03-2006, 01:45 PM
She's here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1600355#post1600355)