PDA

View Full Version : A sad day in Pittsburgh.

davidpizzica
09-01-2006, 05:45 PM
Today they took our mayor, Bob O'Connor off of life support. Now they're going hour by hour on his condition. He has a rare form of cancer and everything was tried, but his condition continues to weaken. It's now a matter of waiting. Bob O'Connor is one of our most popular mayors the city has had.

Karen
09-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Very sad. Our thoughts are with your city, as they are all his "extended family."

JenBKR
09-01-2006, 06:36 PM
I had a feeling it would come to that (although I hadn't heard this news yet). I know that they were doing everything they could for him, but he wasn't getting any better, and with the rare cancer he has I really didn't think he would have a very positive outcome, to be honest. It really is sad, because he's actually a 'good' politician, and I don't believe that many of those exist in the world today. My prayers continue to be with the mayor.

cyber-sibes
09-01-2006, 08:32 PM
:( Very sorry to hear about your mayor. We extend our condolences to Pittsburgh. Surely he must have felt your love and prayers.

JenBKR
09-02-2006, 08:21 AM
Mayor Bob O'Connor passed away last night. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

davidpizzica
09-02-2006, 08:49 AM
My prayers and thoughts go out to the family of Bob O'Connor and to the city of Pittsburgh which has lost a respected leader and a fine man. My thoughts go out to our new mayor who at 26 is our youngest mayor. May he do well.

Dorothy39
09-02-2006, 03:53 PM
I have tried to keep up with his condition, and, I sadly noticed on msnbc that he passed away.

He was quite a remarkable man~ My thoughts and Prayers go out to his family and for Pittburgh, PA. :(

Soapets
09-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Thoughts and prayers from Nebraska, for the people of Pittsburgh, and for his family and friends............................

Deb