PDA

View Full Version : Animal Cruelty a felony in Washington State

yorkster
05-28-2002, 11:29 PM
It's a FELONY in the state of Washington to intentionally abuse &/or kill an animal (so worded for cattle ranchers, dairy farms, egg farms, and research labs to avoid charges) :eek:
But it's a step in the right direction!

Here is the case that led to this happening in 1992 (it actually took almost 2 years for the bill to go through):
http://www.pasadosafehaven.org/Pasado_story.htm

Also, here is the home-page for Pasado's Safe Haven, along with info and help with starting animal rescues and safe havens in other states:
http://www.pasadosafehaven.org/

I am going to visit sometime next month, and will post some pics
:)

wolflady
05-29-2002, 12:02 AM
YAY! I sure hope more states follow suit!! Animal cruelty needs to be treated as the horrendous crime/felony that it is!!

That's awsome that you're going to visit Pasado's Safe Haven. Are you going for one of those seminars?? I would love to do that someday. Do take lots and lots of pics and fill us in in detail on your experience there!! :)
**hugs**

Nomilynn
05-29-2002, 01:38 AM
Yorkster,

I heard on the news recently about a psychopath in Bellingham area that was mutilating and posing dead cats - has there been an update on this that you have heard about? The story made me ill.. I hope they catch whoever is doing it :mad:

yorkster
05-29-2002, 03:31 PM
I heard about that last week also (which is what made me think about the whole Pasado thing again) :mad:
I have not heard if they have found the person yet :conf
I DO KNOW however that they have said he/she will be charged with a felony!

Nomilynn
05-29-2002, 10:09 PM
Good! they should be charged with a felony. That sick pervert is a coward, picking on defenseless animals. :mad:

PerfectLittleAngel
05-31-2002, 05:20 PM
What happen with the dead cats and crulty to aniamls needs to stop NOW!!!!

Heather Wallace
05-31-2002, 06:07 PM
Good to hear!

pupper-lover
06-02-2002, 06:11 PM
Animal lovers in Arkansas are also fighting to make animal cruelty a felony. It's going to take a lot of work, but I hope we win!

pupper-lover
06-02-2002, 06:16 PM
Besides the obvious creulty and senselessness in hurting animals, people who do these sorts of things are likely to eventually take it a step further, and hurt people. Get the pyschos off the streets, I say. Let the innocent creatures live their lives in peace!

yorkster
06-02-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by pupper-lover
Besides the obvious creulty and senselessness in hurting animals, people who do these sorts of things are likely to eventually take it a step further, and hurt people.

Very true! Most serial killers started with animals :mad:

wolflady
06-02-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by pupper-lover
...Let the innocent creatures live their lives in peace!

HEAR HEAR!!!

lizbud
07-25-2002, 10:32 AM
Yorkster,

Hi. Just wondering if you got to go to Pasado's Safe Haven,
and if you have any updates to post, pictures, etc.? Also have
you been following the story on Freckles the dog? I have and
the last update was dated July 11th. Sure hope they nail that
man in Freckles case. What a monster, he's even poisoned his
small children's minds to believe that cruelty to animals is as
natural as breathing :mad:

In what part of the state is the city/town of Chelan ? Thanks.

moosmom
07-25-2002, 11:45 AM
I agree with everyone here 100%. The laws on animal cruelty need to be changed NOW!!! Animal cruelty has reached astronomical proportions.

The case in CT is still continuing. The next hearing for the cat murderer and her accomplices is scheduled for August 16th. I'm grateful that I'll still be in town for it. I HOPE she gets sentenced that day, but I highly doubt it. Lawyers are notorious for playing "continuance" games. Doesn't matter though, cuz I'll be in that chick's face and all over the news.

NO EXCUSE FOR ABUSE!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

mugsy
07-25-2002, 05:59 PM
I'm just reiterating what everyone else has said. Way to go Washington!!

Do you know what kind of felony it will be yorkster??

yorkster
07-25-2002, 06:52 PM
I have not made it out to Pasados Safe Haven yet (been REALLY busy with sick animals and putting in a garden/yard at our house).
For sure planning on it soon, and will definately post pics!

Lizbud, Chelen is about 150-200 miles east of the Seattle area. It is east of the Cascade mountain range and the climate there is completely different- hot & dry.
I will find out the latest on poor Freckles. :(
What is WRONG with people??!

yorkster
07-25-2002, 07:04 PM
An update on Freckles: He goes to his new, forever home! A wonderful story to read and pictures!

(from the Pasados Safe Haven web page):

http://www.pasadosafehaven.org/Freckles_Home.htm