PDA

View Full Version : Things you are terrified of????

Lori Jordan
09-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Am bored and thought i'd make a thread
What are you fears,What scares you the most?

This is a game that is in some of the coms i'm in and sometimes you can get a real giggle,This is supposed to be a fun game,and no feeling should be hurt.

You can choose one or the other,Your Fear or What scares you the most,could be an object a person whatever it is!

Mine is Clowns
I am so scared of them i cannot be around them i choose not to go to parades and birthday partyies with them attending,I once went to a friends house and she had a collection of the faces you hang on walls then she had all kinds of figurines she must of thought i was a lunatic,I started screaming and ran out,i cannot even go to MacDonalds Seeing that clown,Funny story i have had this fear for years my daughter went over and sat on the clowns lap and i started screaming i could not go over to her and take her off,My mother once told me when i was about 5 or so we were at the town parade and there used to be this man that dressed as a clown for all community events ,anyways he walked up to me patted me on the head and handed me a chicken...Which pecked the dickens out of me and i am sure that is where my fear started off.Now enough about me what are your fears?

CathyBogart
09-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Vomit...It's terrible, because if I'm somewhere and I see someone get sick, I black out, and apparently I flip out and run away. All I know is that I'm suddenly not where I was. I once got lost about two hours away from home because I ran away from someone's house in an area I didn't know...

What's even worse is when I get sick and start having these panic attacks. Doesn't do anything to help me start feeling better, I can tell you that!

Blue_Frog
09-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Clowns have always creeped me out too ... not fear level, but just a general creepiness :eek:

My fear is being held underwater. I've almost drowned a couple of times - once when i was really small in swimming lessons and fell off a flutterboard in the deep end and had to be pulled out and resusitated on the deck; second when -again- in swimming lessons, the kid next to me freaked out while learning to tread water and dragged me under. So, i just am petrified to have my head held underwater - i can swim at the cottage (with my floatie cushion, etc.), and not being able to touch the sides or see the bottom doesn't bug me. Just having my head held underwater does it. I had an ex-bf who decided (even after i told him about this) that it would be fun to jump off the dock beside me and pull me in with him - i think i almost killed us both!

Chilli
09-01-2006, 04:26 PM
Choking. Its honestly the only thing I can think of that I am truely afraid of. And I really don't know the exact reason to why I fear choking so much... maybe its just the fact that if you're alone, what can you do? I'd probably be too panicked to do the heimlich on myself..

critter crazy
09-01-2006, 04:29 PM
:eek: I am absolutely terrified of the dark!!!! I always have to have a light on inside, and if i go outside i have to have a flashlight, and even that isnt enough! usually i take my dog with me if i have to go outside at night!

buttercup132
09-01-2006, 04:34 PM
Im afraid of knives. I'm fine if I have it but if someone else dose then I get freaked out and same with scissors.

Also the dark. Must be my worst fear,I always imagine I can see people or outlines of figures.

I'm sort of afraid of hights too

jenluckenbach
09-01-2006, 04:34 PM
BUGS!!! Yes, those tiny creatures turn me into a screaming banshee. :eek:

Suki Wingy
09-01-2006, 04:53 PM
erm, I don't really like being too close to monkeys but it's not really a fear, they kinda freak me out. I can't think of any other fears.

davidpizzica
09-01-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm aafraid of lightning. Even if it's far away, I get real nervous and people have told me I turn white when I see it, that's how afraid I get. It doesn't help that I work on a golf course! Another fear I have is a weird one, I can't stand going into funeral homes. I was a basket case when my parents passed away. I'd miss my own funeral if I could!

Danegirl2208
09-01-2006, 05:22 PM
small spaces, public speaking..and SPIDERS *shudders*

Flatcoatluver
09-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Snakes, Whats werid is I would rather run into a boa then a garden snake. I can't stand little snakes. They just scare me and make me cry. What's sad is you won't find me outside during the summer because of it.

DogLover9501
09-01-2006, 05:48 PM
My biggest fear is probably moths! I love butterflies, but am terrified of moths.

I'm also scared of bugs, crowds, and death.

dogzr#1
09-01-2006, 06:22 PM
I'm terrified of being underwater. One time when I was 6, my floaty thing tipped over and I was stuck underwater. My mom had to rescue me by my foot. I will go underwater, but someone has to be with me, just in case.

RedHedd
09-01-2006, 06:32 PM
Fire - I can't even light candles or be near them without freaking out.

Thunder & Lightning - a thunderbolt hit near my house when I was a kid and I'll never forget the sound nor the flash.

Earthquakes - been through MANY, large and small. They still freak me out.

JenBKR
09-01-2006, 06:39 PM
Oh man, i have lots :o Blood, needles, hospitals, and doctor's offices...also choking/drowning, snakes, public speaking...hmm, my list is scaring me!

Sevaede
09-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Being in an airplane, my husband dying, and I think that's about it.

CelticDreamer
09-01-2006, 10:02 PM
~Snakes ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww screaming so loud my lungs are going to burst...Spiders & the fear of drowning in the Ocean someday gotta wuv a swimming pool~

k9krazee
09-01-2006, 10:08 PM
I'm actually afraid of falling! I don't have a problem with heights (anymore) just am terrified of falling...

dragonfly
09-02-2006, 04:16 AM
Tarantulas, they really creep me out. Other spiders I'm still nervous about but the tarantulas give me the creepy crawlies.

Also I have a big problem with heights, I really don't like ladders or even standing on a chair to change a light bulb. Really high things absolutely terrify me like to the point of not being able to move and feeling like I might hyperventilate.

The other thing that really freaks me out is deep bodies of water that I've never been in before. It's not the water that freaks me out, it's what might be living in the water, think creature of the black lagoon. Once I swim in it once without being eaten then I'm fine, but the first time I am terrified.

jackie
09-02-2006, 04:24 AM
I am scared of needles. I have low blood pressure and thin veins, so when they need to get blood samples or put an IV in, it is always a huge production. Last time I was in the hospital for a knee operation, it took 3 nurses to get the drip in.

I feel an anxiety attack coming on just thinking about it.

Miss Z
09-02-2006, 05:39 AM
I'm actually afraid of falling! I don't have a problem with heights (anymore) just am terrified of falling...

Pretty much same here. In Greece, I went up in a parachute attatched to a speedboat and it was great, but I could NEVER in a million years go sky-diving or bungee jumping or anything. *shudders*

Also, tornadoes give me the creeps. I don't know why, seeing as I've never actually seen one in real life before, but if I see one on TV I usually hold onto something tightly and make sure the door is open so I can make a quick getaway if need be :p

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-02-2006, 07:39 AM
LICHTNING!!!! I once saw a lightning hit a factory near our house; since then I am even more scared!!

STOPPING ELEVATORS!!! As I suffer from a light form of claustrofobia, I am always nervouse and scared in an elevator. But as our lives is full of those "things", I try to ignore that panic I feel. But some years ago, I was in a rather small elevator together with my hubby and both kids, when the elevator suddenly stopped between two florrs :eek: :eek: :eek: . I panicked and started tp scream my head off! My hubby shook me and took my head in his hands to calm me down. Luckily, the elevator started moving again after 3 minutes. Those were the longest 3 minutes of my lofe :(

SPYDERS !! No matter how big or small they are, they scare the hell out of me!! :eek:

chocolatepuppy
09-02-2006, 07:49 AM
I've always had a fear of heights. And in recent years after a few 'too close for comfort' lightning strikes, I'm very scared of lightning.

Argranade
09-02-2006, 08:00 AM
What am I scared of hmm....

Spiders do creep me out but only the BIG one's.

Scared of swimming alone.

I geuss thats it..........ok....I do have one more HUGE fear that I cant overcome :o

That would be HAUNTED HOUSES

I swear there was this mini haunted house I tryed to open my eye's in it but then I saw one face and kept my eye's closed the hole ride and I havedone this 5 time's now and still NEVER opened my eye's.

I can't stand those ride's ughh...I hate those screams and weird face's. :o :eek:

Donnaj4962
09-02-2006, 08:54 AM
GRASSHOPPERS!

I have ben scared of them since I was younger, was riding my bike on a gravel path and one flew onto my leg and wouldn't get off! :eek: I crashed my bike and scraped my leg.... and the *%#!@ thing was STILL attached to my leg! The scariest ones are the ones that fly! They are so unpredicatable. I have been known to hyperventilate when there are several in the same area that I am in! :::shudder:::

I also have a terrible fear of dying in a fire. That, to me, would be the worst way to die.

Zippy
09-02-2006, 08:57 AM
Large Crowds of People

BitsyNaceyDog
09-02-2006, 09:26 AM
My biggest fear is new people or people I hardly know. I also hate groups and crouds.
Hospitals and doctors offices totally freak me out. I black out at the sight of blood. I'm not afraid of sewing neadles and such, but medical needles freak me out. My biggest fear is new people.

Felicia's Mom
09-02-2006, 11:11 AM
Fear of Falling! I always have been afraid of falling from great heights. Ever since my accident, I have been afraid to walk across the room without using my walker.

Also fear of spiders. However, I will not kill one if I have to climb to do so. Because my fear of falling is worse then the fear of the spider.

Sevaede
09-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Oh my goddess, Lut you're right on the dot!

Getting stuck in elevators are such a big one for me, too, I don't know how I forgot about it. If you've ever been to the Grand Canyon Caverns, then you'd be in the freakiest one, ever. It goes some thing like three hundred feet under ground and you get to tour and they turn out all the lights at one point. They have a perfectly preserved cat, (I forgot what kind it was) that had died a long time ago, because it died on a big slab of limestone (that's what they said). It was very interesting but I don't know if I'd ever do it again. You can see through all the cracks of the elevator and it's creaky. Very creepy.

Alysser
09-02-2006, 09:06 PM
My biggest fear is of the dark!!! :eek:

I cannot even begin to describe my fear of the dark. When, I'm at a sleepover or something and with someone I know and trust in a dark room, I can careless, but when I'm alone!! :eek: Omg, I cannot be alone in the dark, I always have a light on when I go to sleep.

I sort of have a fear of sharks and alligators to. Not to much sharks, but alligators. :eek: I hate going by lakes in florida for this reason. I cannot go by a lake alone in florida or I totally freak out. I once saw a fish in the water and my first thought was "ALLIGATOR!" I totally freaked out and ran away. I was so embarrased but that fish was pretty big.

I also hate scary movies/shows. I cannot stand them. I sometimes think things like this happen and it could happen to me or someone in my family. I get all freaked out and I ALWAYS go to my bedroom when my parents watch CSI and coldcase. The scariest movie I probably have ever watched is POTC 2 and thats not even scary. :p I do watch the movies called "Scary movie" lol I love those because they make fun of my least favorite movies. :D

Bengalz
09-02-2006, 09:47 PM
Wasps (Yellow Jackets). I am highly allergic to their stings and just panic when they come near me. I also have a fear of being in water (swim like a stone) although I love being near water (strange). :rolleyes:

kimlovescats
09-02-2006, 09:56 PM
I am terrified of heights, rollercoasters and I am emetophobic (fear of vomiting).

zoomer
09-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Clowns freak me out, and so does throwing up... BEES are my main fear though.

slick
09-02-2006, 10:27 PM
I can honestly say that I'm not afraid of much at all....not even death.

However I can say that I'm afraid of fire in my condo. I'm OK with campfires and other sources of flame but if my condo ever caught on fire I don't know what I would do. Would rationalization kick in or would I be paralyzed in fear??? I don't know and I don't want to find out.

Corinna
09-03-2006, 12:30 AM
Thunder and Lightning -I hide with Dugan in the basement.
Open stairs - the kind that aren't solid. I have trouble with depth perseption so they really freak me out.
Water if I can't touch bottom. When learning to swim my instructor held me underand I couldn't hold my breathe that long.
I am working on all of these fears hubby patiently teaching me to swim. Tyson loves lightning so I of course have to be with him.
Stairs well hubby leads be eyes closed on them .

areias
09-03-2006, 01:32 AM
I have a fear of spiders, and bugs crawling on me. I don't mind roaches and stuff, as long as they aren't ON me.

Also, I get freaked out if I am under something, like a fear of getting crushed. When I was little I was playing hide and seek and I hid underneath my grandmas huge antique bed, and my cousing came and jumped on it, and it slid off the frame almost on top of me.

critter crazy
09-03-2006, 01:49 AM
[QUOTE=Corinna]Open stairs - the kind that aren't solid. I have trouble with depth perseption so they really freak me out.
QUOTE]

I have the same problem with stairs, since I have lost the sight in my right eye my depth perception is way off. I have fallen up the stairs more than i can count. Thankfully I have yet to fall down them, but hubby was very sweet and enclosed the stairs and put a nice railing up.It still freaks me out tho, so i am very cautious about going down them, but tend to forget and rush up them, and i almost always miss a step or two and crash! :(

Crazy-Cat-Lover
09-03-2006, 01:52 AM
I am terrified of the dark if I'm by myself! If DH is working graveyards, I have every single light in the apartment on. :o

mustlovedogs
09-03-2006, 05:17 PM
I am terribly afraid of bugs and spiders. I literally scream when I see them!!!! Especially spiders, they are just gross!
Also, I'm afraid of servere weather. I am a weather bug, so I ALWAYS know what the weather is and what it's going to be. I'm also scared of tornadoes happening...
Also, I'm afraid of walking in a cemetary after dark. I don't know why, I guess I just don't like the thought of walking with thousands of headstones around me (yes, our cemetary has thousands of people in it).

Vette
09-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Erh.. this isnt really a 'fear' but i 'hate' clowns... i just find them extreamly creepy..

drowning is sorta a fear for me. i danno how to swim,, but i love water and will go in it up to to my chin. but no fruther after that.

thats pretty much it for me... other then i can very 'easily' have a panic attak if i think someone is going to get hurt... i hate that... :o

sandragonfly
09-03-2006, 07:49 PM
can't think of anything ..except what first came to mind, trust.

terrified of trust.

IRescue452
09-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Well, my only real phobia is the dentist. I know exactly what they do and I know it doesn't hurt, but I'm still terrified. I do have some slight fears, not "scream and run" types of fears, but "avoid this thing" fears. I have a fear of birds. I love birdwatching, but I stay respectfully away. Long necked birds like flamingos and geese. Something like a pigeon or a chicken I can hold in my hands, but I still feel fearful when I'm holding them.