PDA

View Full Version : Who likes to read?

Blue_Frog
09-01-2006, 03:48 PM
With the coming of the bad weather (just in time for the long weekend, so theres a possibility of being stuck indoors) I'm posting this link to the Project Gutenburg, which has a very large selection of free downloadable books. All of these books are freely reproduced due to age, writer consent, etc.

http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page

Lots of variety (Sherlock Holmes, Dracula, Alice in Wonderland, etc.) -- mostly all classics.

One of my favourites is the Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales -- http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/2591

:) Enjoy!

CathyBogart
09-01-2006, 03:54 PM
OOoh, thanks! I love to read, and I eat books up so quickly...

Zippy
09-01-2006, 06:06 PM
I love to read.Have for years.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-01-2006, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the links. I hadn't visited the site for years. Looks like they have lots more to offer since I was last there!!! :)

RedHedd
09-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Ooh Thanks! I used to spend MANY hours in the library as a kid and still love to get lost in a good book and have become addicted to E-books that I can download and carry with me on my Palm. Thanks for the links!

JenBKR
09-01-2006, 06:37 PM
ooh, thank you! I absolutely love to read, not sure what i would do with myself if there were no books! Thanks!

dragonfly
09-02-2006, 05:15 AM
I love to read I'll check that out, I average a book a week so that would be great. You can download books to your palm pilot? Wow that's awesome, now I want one. I guess I need to tune into to that kind of technology more, I just never thought I'd find a use for something like that.

Vette
09-02-2006, 02:30 PM
I love to read too. but havent picked up a new book in a long time,, ever since
i found some fanfics on line. which are basically on line books as well.. but the
authors write them out of fun and not for profit... and most of the authors are
between 15-20 years old. its nice to see talented young peoples work.. :D

will definitely be checking that site out though

zoomer
09-02-2006, 02:51 PM
I love books, paticularlly animal ones. And I finish them in a flash.

RedHedd
09-02-2006, 04:43 PM
You can download books to your palm pilot? Wow that's awesome, now I want one. I guess I need to tune into to that kind of technology more, I just never thought I'd find a use for something like that. Been doing it for years. Check out memoware.com, ereader.com and fictionwise.com. Much easier than lugging around a book. I think Adobe also has E-books. In December e-Reader does an annual free book a day gift - I have many of the old classics and haven't gotten around to reading a lot of them, but they're right at my fingertips (or palmtop ;) ) whenever I want.

Karen
09-02-2006, 05:08 PM
Isn't Project Gutenberg great? I love to read, and have boxes of books still to read from Book Expo America, but if I ever run out ...

It is fabulous for people who either don't have a public library nearby, or who have read everything their smalltown library has to offer.

Lady's Human
09-02-2006, 05:38 PM
I love reading, but can't get the same relaxation from reading on a computer that I can from reading from paper.