PDA

View Full Version : * * * * Happy Birthday! * * * *

Karen
09-01-2006, 11:31 AM
Nine years ago on September 1st, Paul and I decided to create a website that would celebrate the fact that every pet is special. We founded PetoftheDay.com (http://PetoftheDay.com). Eight years ago we created DogoftheDay.com (http://DogoftheDay.com) and CatoftheDay.com (http://CatoftheDay.com) so more pets could be honored!

We thank everyone who has visited our websites, especially those who have participated, sent in nominations, questions, and their comments. We love doing these sites, and making people happy. Many have told us that they visit our sites after seeing all the bad news the rest of the media has to offer, to be reminded that there is good in this world. And there is. "Pet people" are very special humans. We love celebrating the pets, their people, and the love and joy they bring to each other.

Happy Birthday PetoftheDay.com!
Happy Birthday DogoftheDay.com!
Happy Birthday CatoftheDay.com!

kt_luvs_kitties
09-01-2006, 11:33 AM
This must be the surprise!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Thank you Karen and Paul for creating such an amazing site, where people don't think your crazy for "loving animals too much". I just love it here. :D

krazyaboutkatz
09-01-2006, 11:35 AM
This is my favorite website and I'm so glad that you and Paul created it for all of the animal lovers out there.:D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PET,CAT,& DOGOFTHEDAY!!! May there be many many more happy years ahead. Thanks again Karen and Paul.:D

k9krazee
09-01-2006, 11:37 AM
WWOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FAVORITE WEBSITE EVER!! Thank you so much for making this amazing site!

Paul
09-01-2006, 11:40 AM
http://petoftheday.com/image/birthday/Hoppy-Ballons-small.jpg

Our spokesmodel is not cooperating.

Thank you for nine wonderful years!

Paul

Karen
09-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Our spokesmodel is not cooperating.
Paul

We blew up a bunch of Happy Birthday balloons, set them on the lawn, and when Paul was ready with the camera, set Miss Hoppy down in the middle of them. With a few quick nudges to that blue balloon, she made her escape route, and was free! And so she ran back into the house, stopping for cleaning time just inside the doorway.

Sigh.

buttercup132
09-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Yay Happy birthday pettalk!

Lol Miss. Hoppy your just too cute!

slick
09-01-2006, 11:59 AM
Dear Paul and Karen:
When I first discovered PT in Dec 2002, never did it occur to me that this place would become my passion. I was very impressed by the compassion I saw in all the posts and the wealth of information never ceases to amaze me. I learn something everyday here on PT.

However, the best thing is has brought to me is friendship. Never before have I known what it is to actually "love" a friend and through the people I have met here, loving a friend now becomes natural to me. For that, I'm truly grateful. In the face of challenge you really find out who your friends are and it's only recently that I've discovered that I am indeed loved and respected. I have a new-found self esteem and with the love and support of PT members, I know that I can beat this cancer and kick it to curb.

....and it's all because of you two. How can I ever thank you for starting this website???? Big {{{hugs}}} to you both and I really hope that we can meet someday so I can thank you in "furson."

HAPPY HOPPY BIRTHDAY PET TALK!!

Husky_mom
09-01-2006, 12:03 PM
GREATEST SITE EVER!!!! I´m fortunate I found it, you really did a great job, and the people here are so amazing.........I´m stuck here for life!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Happy Bday POTD, DOTD, COFD!!!! wishing for many many more to come

Congrats Paul and Karen for making such a wonderful place for all of us to enjoy!!!

And Miss Hoppy..........who could not love you, you are such a cutie........Kisses.......

momoffuzzyfaces
09-01-2006, 12:03 PM
I was wondering why the cute little Happy Birthday sign only showed up on the POTD site.

Miss Hoppy you couldn't be any cutier!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PET TALK!!!
THE BEST PLACE IN CYBERSPACE!!! :D

gini
09-01-2006, 12:04 PM
When I opened this thread and started to read I could feel my eyes burning.
What is this - moisture at the corner of my eye?

Without even realizing it, this thread touched a deep spot within my heart.
I immediately started to think about how this site has changed my life.

I sit here today and think back on how many wonderful friends that I have made. Then came the desire to meet some of them in person - starting with Lut and the excitement that she would be visiting with her family in the states.

Sadly, that did not happen (yet) but it was the foundation of the Pet Talk BBQ. How many people from Pet Talk have been in my home - I now have many dear friends and several "adopted" daughters who call me Mom.

I feel very protective of this site that Karen and Paul have started. It hurts me when we have trolls who are up to no good or a young girl who faked her death.

Of course, the crowning moment was my chance to meet Karen and Paul in person and discover what wonderful and sincere people they are.

I may not post everywhere every day - and sometimes I just hang out at Thursdays because I need the laughs - but I love Pet Talk - and can't imagine my life without it.

So with these tears in my eyes, I say HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AND MANY, MANY MORE!

Anita Cholaine
09-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Wow, nine years is actually a lot of time....

Happy Birthday PetOfTheDay/DogOfTheDay/CatOfTheDay!!! And thanks so much Karen and Paul for all your hard work!

Nice to see Miss Hoppy around here too! ;)

Queen of Poop
09-01-2006, 12:11 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Thank you Karen, Paul and Miss Hoppy. This is the best place in the WORLD!!

Thank you all Pet Talkers for your advice, friendship and wonderful stories.

What a great day!!!!!!!!!

RedHedd
09-01-2006, 12:18 PM
Thank you Paul and Karen for creating this wonderful community of animal loving humans. Here's to at least nine more years of furry wonderfulness, frienship and joy.

http://petoftheday.com/image/birthday/9-year-birthday.gif

Cinder & Smoke
09-01-2006, 12:33 PM
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gif

Hap, Happ,
H A P P I E http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gif
Birfday to
Pet, Cat & Dog of the Day, and
their Founders - Karen & Paul - and the Chief Mascot -
Miss Hoppy!
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

kimlovescats
09-01-2006, 12:34 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/MiscPics/HBPT2006.gif

luvofallhorses
09-01-2006, 12:47 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PET TALK!!!!!!!! :D

thanks for making this place possible, Karen, Paul, and Miss Hoppy! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-01-2006, 12:48 PM
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smiliesPIANO%20playingCAT.gif
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR PET TALK
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

Thanks for everything, Karen & Paul!!!

My Peanuts
09-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Thank you so much for creating such a wonderful and warm site to be on. This is hands down my favorite website.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PT!

Ps. I love seeing Miss Hoppy!

pitc9
09-01-2006, 01:15 PM
Happy Birthday Pet Talk!!
I was so happy to have found a place where I didn't feel like I was nuts with my over the top love and devotion to my dogs!!

Congrats Karen and Paul!
Hugs to Miss Hoppy!

Daisy and Delilah
09-01-2006, 01:32 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PET TALK!!!!!!! --- Thank you and we love you, Karen and Paul!!! :) :D :)

Randi
09-01-2006, 01:53 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Cards/Happy-Birthday.gif

Wow, 9 years since you got this idea - and what an excellent idea! :D It's the BEST Forum out there! Thank you so much for starting PT, Karen and Paul, I've enjoyed it ever since I joined! :)

We have all been through so much together, and as time goes by, I feel more and more part of a family. :) I have met quite a few members in person and I hope to meet you too one day, Karen and Paul. Thank you for keeping it such a great Forum! :)

Also, thank you to all you PTalkers who are working so hard to save neglected pets, and who give such good advice and comfort to us all. :)

Suki Wingy
09-01-2006, 02:20 PM
Happy Birthday and thank dog for PT!!

joanofark
09-01-2006, 02:24 PM
YAAAAAAAY! Happy birthday to the most wonderful website on the WWW!!

Donnaj4962
09-01-2006, 02:26 PM
WOW! 9 years! That is something! I have been a member for only a little over a year, but I feel a part of a family here. Although I have a large (skin)family of my own, I am not married, and I have no (skin)children. So when I discovered PT, I found comfort in the many other people here who feel their furbabies/scalebabies/etc. are a part of their family. My (skin)family doesn't all share my love of my furbabies!

To think that I found this place completely by chance, and I have come to love it and log in several times a day! (::shhhhh::: don't tell my boss!)

THANK YOU PAUL, KAREN, AND MISS HOPPY FOR CREATING A PLACE WHERE I CAN FEEL AT HOME!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PT!!!

Laura's Babies
09-01-2006, 02:38 PM
YEP! Thanks for creating this wonderful place where we can meet, share our love for our pets with others that share that same love for theirs. HAPPY PET OF THE DAY BIRTHDAY!

Catsnclay
09-01-2006, 03:22 PM
THANK YOU PAUL & KAREN!!!!!!!

Without you and Pet talk I have no idea what I would be reading right now!!! :D :p I truly appreciate your site, and have referred it to so many friends.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Pembroke_Corgi
09-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Happy birthday pet talk!! This is a wonderful site. :)

Lori Jordan
09-01-2006, 03:46 PM
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i79/JamieLori/1008252D013252D68252D1068.gif

TO PT

Danegirl2208
09-01-2006, 05:29 PM
wow! :) Happy Brithday Pet of the day!!!!

And thank you SO much Karen and Paul, for creating this wonderful site!

lbaker
09-01-2006, 05:52 PM
When I first joined (after lurking a year or so :o ) it was about one year after my husband died, join date December 2000. I was very much alone, or thought so... not for long. Right away and now, six years later, I am still part of a loving family. Through tears, fears, elation and lots and lots of laughter. Karen, you and Paul were two of the first PT'ers I met in person at maybe the first "official" Pet Talk Meeting in Texas and that, my dears, was the start of a wonderful tradition. I have met in person, and "cyber" some of the strongest, most loving friends I've ever known. Long may we life, love and watch over each other.

Felicia's Mom
09-01-2006, 07:21 PM
Thank you Karen and Paul, I,m so glad I found this site! Happy Birthday Pet Talk! :D

chocolatepuppy
09-01-2006, 07:30 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PET TALK! :D

Zippy
09-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Happy Birthday to you!

MajesticCollies
09-01-2006, 08:01 PM
I have a real hard time staying off this site. Thanks Karen and Paul for letting me share my passion with others. Happy Birthday Pet of the day!!!!!

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m298/majesticcollies/vovve.gif

Cinder & Smoke
09-01-2006, 08:23 PM
I have met in person, and "cyber",
some of the strongest, most loving friends I've ever known.

Long may we live, love and watch over each other.

:)

Now there's a pretty fine summation of Pet Talk!
"Ditto" that and then some!!

:D

/s/ Phred

cyber-sibes
09-01-2006, 08:23 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/3.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/PTBDAY.png
THANKX PAUL & KAREN!
:o SENDING YOU WOO-WOOS & NOSE BONKS! :p

*iluvskipper*
09-01-2006, 09:05 PM
oh yay HAPPY B-DAY POTD!!! lol (its my brother's b-day too!)

Catty1
09-01-2006, 10:45 PM
Happy PT Birthday, Karen and Paul.

Remarkable people you are, dealing with the whole range of humanity in three sites!

I'd be interested if you two wanted to post a separate thread on what you have learned in the last 9 years! :)

HUGS

Karen
09-01-2006, 11:14 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/PTBDAY.png

Thanks, everyone! And Sherman, if I know you're gonna be there, of course peanut butter Scooby Snacks are on hand!

dogzr#1
09-01-2006, 11:55 PM
Barely made it, but in my time zone, it is still your birthday! Happy Birthday Pet Talk! (wonder if it ages like a regular human or in...err 'computer' years) And thank you Karen and Paul for making such a wonderful forum! *hugs Pet Talk (if that's possible)*

JALB
09-02-2006, 12:00 AM
HAPPY PURRRTHDAY!!!!!

Dorothy39
09-02-2006, 02:45 AM
I am amazed that this forum is 9 years old already.

While reading this thread, I can not believe that I know every single member by their name, as I registered on Pet Talk in April , 2006!!!

Karen , Paul and "Miss Hoppy", You already know how much I rely upon your forum by now!!! :eek:

Your willingness to create such a "wholesome" place on the Internet , to share our love and adoration for all pets, is such a wonderful gift!!!

Happy Birthday "Pet Talk"~~~ This Site has helped me to GROW and LEARN, in so many wonderful directions , all in the span of only 5 months!!!!!! :eek:

I am at a loss for WORDS!!!!!! :o

All of you Know me too!!!!! That is the Beauty of This Forum!!!!!

And, I Thank GOD for it!!!!!!

RICHARD
09-02-2006, 03:12 AM
Just Happy Birthday? ;)

This site deserves a national holiday! :D

Karen
09-02-2006, 10:46 AM
I am amazed that this forum is 9 years old already.

This forum isn't yet 9 years old, Pet Talk was begun in June of 2000.

Of the main webpages, PetoftheDay.com is 9 years old, and DogoftheDay.com and CatoftheDay.com are 8 years old.

Thanks everyone for the birthday greetings!

Killearn Kitties
09-03-2006, 07:37 AM
Nine years worth is an awful lot of cute dog, cat and pet pictures! I've always wondered how many pets of friends and family you had lined up before you started to get people submitting photos.

The lovely Miss Hoppy may not have been in the mood to strike a pose, but any picture of her is always worthwhile. You know what I'm going to say now, don't you?

Miss Hoppy for Pet of the Day!

Some day I will get round to submitting my furries!

beeniesmom
09-03-2006, 10:12 AM
Happy Birthday POTD, DOTD and COTH.
Thanks you so much Paul and Karen for creating this website.

Pam
09-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Karen and Paul, I am sure you never imagined what a success this would turn out to be! I joined here 6 years ago, just a few days after the forum began, and immediately felt a warmth and a bond with so many people. Your watchful eye and gentle comments have kept this board flowing smoothly. I wish you and PT many many more happy years. Oh, and I hope it doesn't take nine more years to get to see another glimpse of Miss Hoppy. :p :D

moosmom
09-03-2006, 12:10 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PET TALK!!!

Congratulations Paul and Karen on a job well done!!!

mustlovedogs
09-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Karen and Paul-
I thank you SO much for creating this website. I can't even TRY to begin to explain how grateful I am to you both. I have so many friends here, that care and give great smiles (or shall I say big, waggly tails) to everyone here. No-one is ever mean, rude, or hurtful in any way. Plus, the greatest thing is that every one of us has one great thing in common:
We love our pets.
No-one here is, or should be, EVER ashamed to say that. Ever! If it weren't for you making this great website, there would not be NEAR as many friends made, information and pictures shared, or just plain smiles shown every day as there is now! I so greatly thank you. Here's to many, MANY more birthdays to come! :)

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, PETOFTHEDAY, DOGOFTHEDAY AND CATOFTHEDAY!!! :D

*LabLoverKEB*
09-03-2006, 05:38 PM
wahoo! Happy Birthday!!!

trayi52
09-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Happy Birthday, Pet of the Day, Dog of the Day, Cat of the Day!!! Well anyway, I think this is the greatest site ever!

Thank you, Paul and Karen for such a great place to come and see old friends and meet new friends as well.

Willie :)

sasha the cat
09-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Meeeow, mew nothing pleases us more than when our KatMa opens the computer and we see the beautiful and special Cat of the Day pop up. Cat of the Day is our homepage. We then check Dog and Pet of the Day.

Karen, Paul & Miss Hoppy the Mascot -- thank you so much for creating this website which is the best homepage family pets and their humans can have.

Purrs and kittykisses to you from me, Norman the King and my baby brother, Felix the Prince. Also in memory of our purr~ents beloved companion pets now at Rainbow's Bridge,

Cats:
Sasha The Queen Calico Cat b. 8 May 1994, d. 29 Aug 2005
Tiggy BCU b. 17 Aug 1985 d. 05 Sep 2000 [tomorrow is 6 years without our beloved Tiggy]
Princess b. 20 May 1986, d. 04 Oct 2001
Paddy-Paws b. 1980, d. 16 Jan 1996

Dogs:
Bobby b. December 1980, d. 9 Sep 1996
Chucky b. 1974 d. March 1989

To the fine folks and pets who love & participate in Pet/Cat/Dog of the Day PT forums, it is so nice to listen when our KatMa reads your comments.

Our purr~ents, KatMa & Paw-Paw AKA Susan & Murray will always remember your kindness when our darling Sasha, the Queen Calico Cat was so ill last year. Your support helped them through this most difficult time. August 29th was one year since darling Sasha the Queen went to Rainbow's Bridge.

Our best wishes to Karen and Paul on this 9th Anniversary; we hope there are many more anniversaries. To the fine members of PT who are our virtual friends, loud Purrrrrss & kittykisses from me & Felix.

Norman the King & Felix the Prince
KatMa & Paw-Paw [Susan & Murray]