PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Lori Jordan
09-01-2006, 09:25 AM
I have to take Maggy to the vets today,her appointment is not until this afternoon,she is ripping her hair out in her back end now,not just her sides does anybody know why she is doing this i have never seen the likes of it before in my life!

lv4dogs
09-01-2006, 09:34 AM
It is most likely some sort of allergy but it could be caused from stress, disease, infection, fleas (if it is that bad fro fleas it is most likely an allergy). It may also be caused by some sort of discomfort, perhaps anal glands???

Has anything changed that perhaps caused excess stress around the house? Any new cleaning products?

Was she chewing the hair on her sides before & now started the same thing on her rear?

We'll be thinking of you this afternoon. I hope it's something simple, easily treatable & she's back to her beautiful self in no time. {{hugs}}

Lori Jordan
09-01-2006, 09:44 AM
I just got your pm,i sent the package out last week,my post office is very small they dont work every day so it may take a couple days longer to get to you,everything i send takes a couple days more than it should :D I hope you get it today or tomorrow.

As to Maggy,She has had fleas once along with Lacy but i have not had that problem in a couple years she is clean as a whistle,As to cleaing products i have always used the same,She started chewing at her left side then her right,Then yesterday she was walking away from me and i noticed i could see skin no hair on her back end it starts at the back of her rear and goes to about a couple inches where her tail starts(My poor Baby)It could be her anal glands but i just had her cleaned out a couple weeks ago,I take her to the vet for that i would not want to hurt her.My neighbor is freaking everybody out he tells them my dogs have Mange,But it is impossible for that all my dogs would have it,She is still herself she eats she is a little impatient lately but that is just Maggie i call her my Drama girl,My sister in law was over today and said the alergie thing,It may be nothing but im so worried were im in tears i just hope she will be ok.But i have noticed lately everywhere i go there is big chunks of hair she is not being light on herself she is making herself bleed i have a antibiotic cream i have been putting on her but she just licks it off.I am beyond stressed at this point i hope the vet has something to make her feel better.

Karen
09-01-2006, 10:41 AM
Poor girl! Hope the vet has an answer for her!