PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Pippin Goes To The Vet....multiple episodes!

rkidsrcats
08-31-2006, 09:57 PM
Well, our little Pip has had some trials and tribulations with that which has afflicted many a PT kitty....the dreaded urinary problems.
After a midnight trip to the emergency vet and 3 ( count 'em, 3) trips to the Tribe's regular house of medicine for:

urinalysis (cats never pee when you are watching them...)
x-rays (no stones....)
and finally ultrasound (no cancer or tumors...just "sludge". Is that a medical term...I ask you!)

our little Pippin has been found to have crystals! Not the kind for New Age channeling...although he does talk to Martians on occasion.
Change in diet, some other additives and such, and he should be A-OK...
But the hair cut leaves much to be desired... :p

"PRE-SHAVE VIEW"

http://home.comcast.net/~jphoenix12/preshavepip.jpg

"POST-SHAVE VIEW"

http://home.comcast.net/~jphoenix12/shavedpip1.jpg

AND we are lucky we got him back from the vet's office...they love him there and were planning to "kit-nap" him if we left him there too long! :eek:

Ohhhh Pippin!

krazyaboutkatz
09-01-2006, 12:15 AM
Poor Pippin:(. I'm sorry that you have crystals. My Storm has been through this and even had to have the PU surgery. He now has to be on a special diet for the rest of his life. I hope you feel better soon and I'm glad that you're now back home.:) You're still a cutie pie even with your new haircut.:)

kimlovescats
09-01-2006, 12:24 AM
I'm so sorry that Pippin had to go through all of this, and you as well ... but at least it isn't worse than it is. I think his belly shave is cute ... shows his uniquely marked skin! :D

jenluckenbach
09-01-2006, 05:43 AM
Lucas sport that very same style hair cut. Is it a new fashion statement???

But knowing Pippin is on the road to recovery is good news.

rg_girlca
09-01-2006, 04:50 PM
Oh Pippin, I pray with your new diet and the other additives that you will be feeling fine in no time.

Love the new doo, dude. :)

catmandu
09-01-2006, 06:17 PM
The Found Cats and I hope that Pippin is feeling better, and that those meds will help him stay healthy.
I can see why the Vets would want to keep him.
I would too!!!!!!!!

kuhio98
09-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Awwww I'm glad to hear that Pippin is doing better.

Killearn Kitties
09-03-2006, 06:03 AM
All those trips to the vet?? Also a shave and a close-shave with a catnapper??? :eek: Poor Pippin has been living dangerously recently!

Good luck with your diet, you adorable boy!

Laura's Babies
09-03-2006, 08:53 AM
Pippin is still a handsome boy, even with that naked spot on his belly. I hope the new food prevents him from getting anymore and he stays healthy and crystal free.

jazzcat
09-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Poor Pippin. I hope he is on the road to recovery. I like the shave, it's stylish!

momcat
09-03-2006, 12:34 PM
Poor Pippin! So sorry to hear that you're not feeling very well these days, buddy. Prayers being prayed that between the medicine and your new diet, you'll be feeling good as new in no time!!!

rkidsrcats
09-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Hi again,
Just saying thanks to all who sent good thoughts and wishes to the Pipster. He's doing well on the Royal Canin S/O diet with Cosequin sprinkled on top. He seems to like it, although he is NOT happy with the fact that we had to put the kabosh on the 8:30PM treats. :eek: No crunchies for the boys until we can find a suitable substitute that won't aggravate the crystals.

And it has been warm this past week in the Seattle area, so it was actually feeling good to have a shave! :D
And The Pipster has trimmed up a bit. Lost 1/2 a pound and can fit into his pyramid again!

He sends you all some "slugkisses"...

http://home.comcast.net/~jphoenix12/pipslugkiss.gif

Killearn Kitties
09-04-2006, 05:15 PM
Slugkisses Pipster??? Well .... thank you!

I am pleased that your slimming diet has been so successful, sweetie. Enjoy that pyramid. Also keep eating that S/O diet and stay healthy! :D

MajesticCollies
09-04-2006, 05:22 PM
Poor Pipster!!! Glad he is OK. Keep up the healthy foods. Did you know like humans sometimes animals need a little kick themselves for thier Urinary tracts. My Kibble and suppliments have Cranberries and Blueberries to help thier Urinary tract. Just something to look into.