PDA

View Full Version : Quick Homework Help: Question.

Roxyluvsme13
08-31-2006, 08:18 PM
What does the phrase shades of gray mean? I know, I really do, but I just can't remember to save my life. Isn't it something like in between being the real you or something? :o Sorry, but I need to know for a paper I'm writing.

Roxyluvsme13
08-31-2006, 08:43 PM
Anybody? I really need to finish this.. :o

zoomer
08-31-2006, 08:47 PM
What's the paper about? That might help me remember... cuz I have no idea what you're talking about right now :o :p

Roxyluvsme13
08-31-2006, 08:49 PM
It's for this book called Shades of Simon Gray, and the topic is..
Define the concept of "Shades of gray". Then, pick 2 examples from the story to help explain this concept. Be sure to explain why each example is a "shade of gray". (Maybe use a person and a behaviour as your 2 examples) I can easily do the 2nd part, I just don't remember what Shades of gray means.

zoomer
08-31-2006, 08:52 PM
It's for this book called Shades of Simon Gray, and the topic is..
Define the concept of "Shades of gray". Then, pick 2 examples from the story to help explain this concept. Be sure to explain why each example is a "shade of gray". (Maybe use a person and a behaviour as your 2 examples) I can easily do the 2nd part, I just don't remember what Shades of gray means.

I think it's when you cover up something that is yourself and pretend to be somebody that really isn't you? Sorry, I've really lost it... I've forgot everything to do with school because my school hasn't started yet.. what happens in the story? That might help also.

Craftlady
08-31-2006, 08:52 PM
no absolute position which can be taken, since gray is neither white nor black, and it could lean more to one than the other...

catnapper
08-31-2006, 08:53 PM
Shades of grey means not everyting is black and white (ie: right or wrong) It means things can be interpreted one way or another. To say a husband is a bad husband because he works all the time and is never home would be black and white... to look into WHY the guy works all the time you'll find out he's working to provide a luxurious life for his wife and kids... see? Not wrong, but not right either = grey.

Roxyluvsme13
08-31-2006, 08:53 PM
I don't remember half the story, hence why I asked PT ;).

Thanks Makayla, Craftlady, and Catnapper! I think I know what to write now.

zoomer
08-31-2006, 08:54 PM
Hehe, you're welcome for... nothing :p Sorry I couldn't help..