PDA

View Full Version : Numerology

catnapper
08-31-2006, 02:55 PM
I was thinking today about my upcoming birthday and hoping beyond hope that this birthday brings in a whole new cycle of good luck. I've had two years of what I'd consider bad luck.

I remembered reading about numerology in college where you can take the letters of your name and plan out what cycles your life goes through. I did a quick internet search and found the chart I'd remembered and plotted out my life thus far

3 Essence
The Essence of the number 3 is a very special time when you feel and experience the joy of living to its utmost. This is a very enjoyable time in your life. You are apt to be making a lot of new friends and renewing old friendships. This is a time for love affairs and expanding the social circle; many activities and good times. You are likely to travel a good bit during this Essence.

The other factor that is associated with the Essence of 3 is that of expression. This is a very good time for you to be interested in the development of creative work, particularly works that involve words...singing, acting, writing. This should be a busy time advancing your talents with classes or study, or for starting or expanding business ventures involving creative endeavors.

Optimism is the operative word for this cycle. This is a very pleasant period, but you must beware of a tendency now to scatter your energies.
While I disagree that now is a time of tremendous happiness and living life to its utmost, I WILL concede that this is a time of HUGE creativity and growth for me... and has been for 2 year, and I'm entering year #3 ( of what apparently wil be 4 years of the same cycle).

I have to try to look at this cycle with optimisim like it says it is -- because I have always wanted my own business.... I just never thought I'd make myself this broke in doing so. Perhaps I will look back at this cycle and remember it fondly as a great time in my life? Who knows, but I thought this was interesting!

The truly funny thing is my maiden name AND my married name both meet up in the same cycle! Now, do I truly believe in all this hoopla? Not really, but it sure was fun to do and took my mind off other things for a while ;)

Want to do your own chart? Here's the link
Numerology (http://www.astrology-numerology.com/num-essences.html)

Pembroke_Corgi
08-31-2006, 03:19 PM
I remember figuring mine out once but I don't remember it...sorry I couldn't figure out the website, maybe I am just slow today. ;) However, I do wish you the best of luck over the next year!! :D

Husky_mom
08-31-2006, 04:01 PM
sorry I couldn't figure out the website, maybe I am just slow today. ;) However, I do wish you the best of luck over the next year!! :D

LOL same here..........LOL I just had no clue AT ALL :o LOL

best luck wishes from me too!!

BC_MoM
08-31-2006, 04:09 PM
Me three. My brain isn't functioning fast enough today to do that.. I tried.. but failed! lol

catnapper
08-31-2006, 08:33 PM
Ok, the way they described it is pretty bad. Since I had the benefit of knowing how it worked before I found the website I could cheat.

Say your name was Jane Ann Doe. The chart say each letter is represented by a certain number. J=1, A=1, N=5, E=5.... A=1, N=5, N=5, D=4, O=6, E=5. Got it so far?

So to get where I am in your life chart, you'd Make the letter as many times as its worth
Jane would be J A N N N N N E E E E E (1J 1A, 5Ns, 5Es, because thats what the letter is worth) then you repeat J A N N N N N E E E E E over and over until you get to the age you are. Doe the same for Ann and Doe. So say Jane Ann Doe is 20 years old. Her chart would look like this
J A N N N N N E E E E E J A N N N N N E
A N N N N N N N N N N A N N N N N N N N
D D D D O O O O O O E E E E E D D D D O

Thats twenty letters for twenty years old. You take the twentieth letters of the first, the middle, and the last name. In Jane's case, its E, N, and O. E is worth 5, N is worth 5, and O is worth 6. Add 5+5+6 to get 16. Then add the 1+6 to equal 7. 7 is Jame's life cycle. Got it? Or did I just confuse you more?

PS: Jane was stuck in the NND cycle from 16-19 years old. The NND cycle meant she was in a 5 life path (5+5+4=14, add the 1+4 of the 14 to get 5)

RedHedd
08-31-2006, 09:42 PM
OUCH! My head hurts! :D