PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for my boyfriend's Golden, Allie. They gave her 3 months.

My Peanuts
08-31-2006, 12:19 PM
Poor poor Allie. :( When Allie was 2 years old she had cancer on her leg. They did radiation and she was fine. Now Ally is 9 years old and last year they had to remove a very large cancerous tumor from the exact same spot and they did chemo. She just finished the chemo a few months ago and had a blood test about a month ago. The blood test showed no cancer. She was at my house on Sunday and I was looking at her leg and there was nothing there. I was even saying to her how she was cancer free!

Well, there is some really bad news today. Last night my bf found a lump there again. They went to the vet today and they gave Ally 3 months to live. My bf was crying so bad, I feel so bad for him. He did EVERYTHING possible for Al and now she doesn't have long left. The vet said the cancer spread to the lymph nodes and possibly the lungs. If it is in the lungs it's small. I feel so terrible. This girl is so full of life. I'm asking for PT prayers that her time left is spent happy and at least feeling healthy. :(

My Peanuts
08-31-2006, 12:23 PM
This is Ally in June at Morty's birthday party.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/Jejsdian/368b4ff2.jpg

caseysmom
08-31-2006, 12:35 PM
Oh I am so sorry to hear about Ally, I hope they are wrong.

shais_mom
08-31-2006, 12:36 PM
prayers certainly on the way -
having a Golden Girl myself this is my biggest fear as cancer is sooo prevalent in their breed.
{hugs}

k9krazee
08-31-2006, 12:37 PM
She will definitely be in my thoughts!

lv4dogs
08-31-2006, 01:00 PM
Oh no, poor Ally and poor yous. I am so sorry, life isn't fair sometimes is it? Yous will all be in my thoughts & prayers. {{{hugs}}}

pitc9
08-31-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this news!
I you all are in my thoughts and prayer. :(

Vela
08-31-2006, 02:59 PM
Aww the poor girl. I'm glad she's had such a long wonderful life after the intial diangosis. I hope that she is happy and comfrotable for the rest of her days.

Chilli
08-31-2006, 04:50 PM
Oh no. :( That poor girl, she's so beauitful! Pawsitive thoughts headed your way for Ally & your boyfriend. I know they could use all the support available at this time.

Kater
08-31-2006, 05:24 PM
Oh no, I'm so sorry to read this. :( My thoughts are with Ally, you and your boyfriend. I know whatever time she has left will be made really special. {{{HUGS}}}

Queen of Poop
08-31-2006, 05:28 PM
This is just too sad. Prayers and tears for you all.

luvofallhorses
08-31-2006, 05:36 PM
I'm so, so sorry to hear this. :( my heart is breaking right along with you and your boyfriend..I so wish you guys didn't have to go through this and Ally didn't have to go through this. I am so glad she is loved and I hope she has happy, healthy days for the rest of her days. you, your boyfriend, and Ally will be in my thoughts and prayers.
(((hugs to you, your boyfriend, & Ally)))

Dorothy39
08-31-2006, 06:36 PM
Your post about your boyfriends dog , Ally, is so very sad :(

Ally is so full of life and love, I can see that in her face and in her fur.

And I can feel my heart breaking as well. Especially since your boyfriend has given her the best treatment possible. I feel so bad for both of you.

I will keep him and his dog, Ally, in my prayers.

My Peanuts
09-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Thanks everyone. I shared your good thoughts with my bf and I told him that maybe he should join this board because people on here understand what he is going through. I'm not sure if he is going to or not.

I saw Ally last night. The best part is that she has no idea what's going on. She's seems to be a happy and healthy girl. I and my bf are thankful for that right now.

I did feel the lumps, there are more than one. They popped up so fast. This cancer is very aggressive and pure evil. :(

Thanks again to everyone for the comforting words and I will keep everyone updated.

My Peanuts
12-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Well, it's been 4 months since they gave Allie 3 months to live. Thinking that she is technically living on borrowed time is horrible. My boyfriend, Joe, has nights when he won't leave the house because he wants to spend time with her. I don’t blame him.

The cancerous lump has gotten quite big in the last couple of weeks. Joe seems to think she is getting to a turning point. Up until now she has been pretty much normal and she still runs around and eats normally. Allie also isn't showing ANY signs of pain, but we both know that can change in a minute.

I don't know if he wants me to tell you guys this, he just text messaged me and told me that last night he wished her Merry Christmas for the last time, but he said he didn't tell her that it was her last. That text made me cry.

Please keep all PT prayers coming.

Logan
12-26-2006, 04:41 PM
I know that Allie had to have a Merry Christmas, Diana. Still, it is so sad. :(

Please know that she will be in my prayers and I hope she will never have to experience pain.

Logan

borzoimom
12-26-2006, 05:16 PM
Prayers on the way....

Ginger's Mom
12-26-2006, 06:40 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. It is always so hard to see a loved pet deteriorate. That text message got to me too. It is so difficult for eveyone. {{{Hugs}}}

Dorothy39
12-26-2006, 08:08 PM
That's so sad~"My Peanuts"~

I will keep Dear Ally in my thoughts~ I know how hard this moment is~

Prayers from Me to Ally~ :o

{{HUGS}}} as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dukedogsmom
12-26-2006, 09:38 PM
This breaks my heart and I know it does your boyfriend's and yours. It's so very hard to realise our time with our special furry ones is coming to an end. And even though you know it's coming, it's not any easier. He really should join here. I've gotten a lot of help from some others here and without it, I don't know what I would have done. I pray that Ally continues to play and not be in pain.

My Peanuts
02-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Update on Allie, She's still kicking, but her tumor opened up on it's own this morning. There's blood on the carpet. Other than that Allie isn't showing signs of pain, but it might be getting close to the end.

Please, Allie needs more prayers.

Kfamr
02-07-2007, 09:28 AM
I didn't see this the first time, so I am glad you updated - I will certainly keep Allie in my thoughts now. How heartbreaking. :(

My Peanuts
02-07-2007, 09:31 AM
I just spoke to my bf, he said Allie was wagging her tail while he put a bandage on her and she is eating a rawhide. It's such a blessing that she doesn't even know she's sick.

Lobodeb
02-07-2007, 09:57 AM
I'm with Kay in that I didn't see this the first time it was posted so I, too, am glad you updated.

Knowing she's living on borrowed time can be a huge blessing. You know it's borrowed so you know to make the most of it. Take more pictures, hug and kiss her more and treat her extra special.

I know it's hard to see them deteriorate, but at least she doesn't show any signs of discomfort. That just makes it that much more difficult to watch.

Hugs and prayers on the way to all of you.

pitc9
02-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Bless her heart!! :(
Many many hugs to you all during this hard time.

Prayer on the way!

My Peanuts
05-17-2007, 12:55 PM
:( Allie was sent to the Bridge on 5/12. :( The link to dog memorial is here... http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=127336