PDA

View Full Version : Charley is at the Vets

Grace
08-31-2006, 11:06 AM
We were able to get Charley in the carrier this morning without too much trouble, and off to the Vet he went.

The Vet just called; he's fine - and fixed!! He was FeLV and FIV negative; he now has a chip, and will get all necessary shots. I can pick him up in a few hours - hope he won't be too ticked at me.

Here's the link to my previous post about Charley.
http://67.15.70.205/talk/showthread.php?t=110324&highlight

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/DSCN5424.jpg

kimlovescats
08-31-2006, 11:10 AM
Charley is gorgeous, and what a lucky guy to have met you!!! Can't wait to see and hear more about him!!! :D

Lizzie
08-31-2006, 11:13 AM
That's wonderful news, congratulations on your new addition - he is now an official addition, right? :D What a relief that he's FeLV negative. I love that huge splotch right in the middle of his face, it's very endearing.

Welcome to PT, Charley!

Reachoutrescue
08-31-2006, 11:35 AM
I am glad he is fixed and vaccinated. I am sure he is greatful...well for the shots anyway..he may not be happy about being snipped!! But it is bette for him and all the fancy and foot loose gals out there!

krazyaboutkatz
08-31-2006, 11:36 AM
Charley sure is a handsome cat and I'm so glad that you were able to get him neutered and that you're able to care for him.:)

Grace
08-31-2006, 11:37 AM
He can be as much of an addition as he wants to be. He's been on his own in the neighborhood for over a year now. It's just the past 6 weeks that he has been coming here for meals. He has slept on the back porch on a rainy night; takes walks around the house with us. Other times he will be gone for hours and I worry.

Now he's fixed, and that will, hopefully, slow down some of the wandering.

Laura's Babies
08-31-2006, 12:39 PM
I was gone when you posted that thread on him but I went and checked it out. MY GOSH! That face of his is absolutely adoreable!! I just love how his face is marked and it makes him look like he is overloaded with personality!

Anikaca77
08-31-2006, 12:48 PM
That's great, thank you for helping him out and taking such good care of him. :D

catlover4ever
08-31-2006, 01:28 PM
He is adorable and hopefully being "fixed" will keep him closer to home and therefore you won't worry as much.

Grace
08-31-2006, 04:00 PM
Brought him home 2 hours ago - he's a wild man!!

Got him situated on the back porch with a tiny bit of food - but that wasn't enough. He chowed down almost an entire can of Fancy Feast. And then he tried to jump through the back door of the porch. We finally had to sit out there with him - loving him up. Now he's calmer.

Thank you all for your good thoughts.

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Hurray for Charley!!! What a beautiful face he has, I love the markings :)

Did he eat on the way back home from the vet :confused: Wow, my Inka wasn't allowed to eat that first day, only drink!

catmandu
08-31-2006, 04:59 PM
Thats Such A Good Thing To Do For Charlie, Probably Saving His Life, And Stopping The Chain Of Unwanted Kittens.
I Pray That Charlie Accepts Your Hopitality.

K & L
08-31-2006, 07:11 PM
Good work and what a looker he is!