PDA

View Full Version : Is your dog allowed in bed?

vinjashira
08-31-2006, 06:47 AM
Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been posting lately but I have been lurking :D

anyway, the answer to my question:
I always forget to tell Snowy that she is not allowed in bed :p

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid214/pe78f2216c5b6b710f2a542d06e2047e9/ed389db2.jpg

what about your dogs? are they allowed in bed?

buttercup132
08-31-2006, 06:54 AM
No, my parents wont let me :(

EDIT// They used to be allowed until I got a new comfator. They used to sleep on my bed all the time and Rockee would come on my bed every night and sleep with me. When my dad goes away to work I sneak them on because my mom dosent care though(I just a got another new comfator so I'll just put a old one on again when he gose away;) )

Daisy and Delilah
08-31-2006, 07:01 AM
Hi William and Snowy!! Daisy and Delilah believe the bed is their's. I'm lucky if those two bed hogs don't push me out of it ;)

p.s. After all, this house is their's too isn't it? I'm just a live-in guest ;)

sanford8916
08-31-2006, 07:01 AM
My dogs have always been allowed on our beds, but when it's time for us to go to bed they have to get down! :)

Dorothy39
08-31-2006, 07:04 AM
Certainly, Why,----I insist on it!!!! ;)

Two of my Grand-Dogs, both German Sheperds, won't jump onto my bed when they spend the night, but, the other 2 grand dogs lull me to dream land when they spend the night.

Chilli
08-31-2006, 07:15 AM
Of course! =D Frisk sleeps in my bed with me, Ethan sleeps with my parents, and Skylar sleeps with my sister.
I honestly sleep way better when I have a dog sleeping with me.

lv4dogs
08-31-2006, 07:40 AM
My dogs are allowed to sleep on the bed only when invited or if we are not in it.

Logan
08-31-2006, 08:50 AM
No. I'm a poor sleeper, anyway, and now that I'm married again, I have a human bed hog sleeping with me. ;) Everyone goes to their respective places at night, and it is not in our bed.

Logan

cloverfdx
08-31-2006, 09:03 AM
Hello William :D. Yep the kids are allowed to sleep on the beds, i have Clover, Elvis and Tinny in bed with me every night ;).

pitc9
08-31-2006, 09:11 AM
Yes!
Buddy even uses my hubby's pillow when he's not home! :o

cloverfdx
08-31-2006, 09:14 AM
;) Tinny shares the pillow with me most nights, glad i am not the only "Crazy dog person".

Pawsitive Thinking
08-31-2006, 09:16 AM
Mine come in for their morning cuddle but Archie prefers the floor and Tobey likes his bed

k9krazee
08-31-2006, 09:18 AM
Hey William!!

Yup, the dogs are all allowed on the beds! Even Miss Shadow who sleeps with my little sister in her twin sized bed. Kyra and Mini sleep with my parents, Micki with my brother and Jack with me!

I've been away from home for a week and I HATE not having a little fuzzy cuddle buddy at night stretching out and pushing me off the bed :(

BitsyNaceyDog
08-31-2006, 09:21 AM
Sometimes.

They're not usually allowed in the bedroom at all, that's the cats' domain. We have a baby gate up so the cats can sleep peacefully in the bedroom without the dogs bothering them. On occasion I'll let them come into the bedroom when none of the cats are in there and then they are allowed on the bed.

mruffruff
08-31-2006, 09:26 AM
My situation is exactly the opposite of Kblaix's. I have a gate at the bedroom door to keep the dogs in!

The cats are allowed to roam anywhere in the house only from 7PM to 5AM. The dogs stay in their own beds during that time. Sometimes they are allowed on the bed for cuddle time. Only one cat shares my sleep time.

kufan
08-31-2006, 10:58 AM
Mine are allowed ANYWHERE in the house!

All 4 of my boys sleep with me EVERY night!! They couldn't sleep without me, lol!

luvofallhorses
08-31-2006, 11:30 AM
yes, of course so are my cats. :)

I_luv_rusty
08-31-2006, 11:31 AM
Yes... Rusty allowed in my Parents bed,and my brother. He sleep in my parents's room always though. He sometimes get on my bed.. but he not allowed to because I got a new comforter thats like silky and he's nails scrach it all up, even if he doesn't try to. Or because his paw pads are rough they put scraches in it from just steping on it. He use to be allowed to sleep on my old comforter tho. :D

M&M's Mommy
08-31-2006, 11:54 AM
Missy & Mocha are allowed in bed with us only from 6 a.m. (when they wake me up to let them out) to 7:30 a.m. (when they wake me up to go to work). Every night they go to sleep in their own bed, which is placed right next to our bed, and every morning, like an alarm clock, they're in bed with me for this precious 1 1/2 hours!. It's like they are in heaven :)

They have never gotten into our bed at any other time during the day, but this exact hour! How weird is that?

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-31-2006, 01:32 PM
Yes :). Tango's allowed on my bed, she usually spends half of the night on mine and then goes to hers...unless it's really cold, then she'll sleep on my bed the entire night.

Winston & Morgan sleep on my mom's bed, and Tia sleeps in her crate (because she doesn't behave during the night).

If my mom is away for whatever reason, Winston and Morgan both sleep in my room but I don't allow them on the bed simply because they both shed like you wouldn't believe and I don't like short, pokey hairs everywhere in my bed. That, and Tango doesn't appreciate them in 'our' bed either.

BC_MoM
08-31-2006, 01:35 PM
Yep! My dogs are my babies, so I'll treat them as such.

Although, Molly prefers (and started) sleeping under the bed ever since I took her crate away. Mickey usually sleeps by the back door.

The_Duck
08-31-2006, 01:50 PM
J.W. has never spent a night inside the house, nor has Angel. But Mac, Julie, and Blackfoot are, when allowed inside at all, allowed to sleep on my bed and Blackfoot has permission to be on my parents bed. My bed is quite small though and now Julie barely fits on it at all. Blackfoot seldom sleeps the whole night through on my bed and Mac seems more comfortable on the floor.

Pembroke_Corgi
08-31-2006, 02:00 PM
Marta sleeps in the bedroom at night, and the pets are allowed on the bed when we allow them. Most of the time, we keep our bedroom door closed so it's only at night or when we are in the room.

My Peanuts
08-31-2006, 02:00 PM
lol, my mom always says it's the dog's house and they just let us live there. My dogs are allowed everywhere! :D

sumbirdy
08-31-2006, 02:03 PM
yes my dogs do. Although nitis prefers sleeping on my face! Lacy, my little 11 pound rat terrier basically becomes a brick if you try to move her and she's a cover hog. She twists round and round until all the covers are making a circle on top of her.

Suki Wingy
08-31-2006, 03:29 PM
yes. He enjoys a nap there as long as he's touching me but otherwise and for the night he prefers his chair or sometimes the floor. :confused:

CathyBogart
08-31-2006, 04:01 PM
DBF doesn't like sleeping with a dog in the bed, so Jasper's allowed up when it's just me. :)

cyber-sibes
08-31-2006, 04:50 PM
No, never. my RB cat used to sleep with me.

Pam
08-31-2006, 04:55 PM
Yes both dogs are there every night. We each even have our own *designated spots* on the bed, however if I get up to use the bathroom I will come back to find out that Bella has sprawled over into my space! :) Trevor will once in a while join all of us but Andy wouldn't think of it. It is too crowded for him. :p

Uabassoon
08-31-2006, 05:08 PM
Payson is encouraged to sleep on the bed! The main reason is that he still isn't 100% potty trained, if he's on the bed with us he will stay there the entire night cuddling with us and won't have any accidents. We don't want to crate him at night since he is crated during the day when we are at work.

Roxyluvsme13
08-31-2006, 05:30 PM
Yep. Lily sleeps in my room every single night, and when Roxy's allowed in my room, she sleeps in my bed with me <3.

Danegirl2208
08-31-2006, 06:13 PM
sometimes..they take up alot of space..malakai can easily take over the whole bed by stretching out, and chloe insists on sleeping, ON you pillow, like shes a 10lb cat or somthing :rolleyes:

zoomer
08-31-2006, 06:48 PM
I have a bunk bed... but if I didn't they sure as heck would be aloud in bed with me! :D Alaska is aloud in my mom's bed, though. And all the dogs go on my sister's bed every once and a while.

wolf_Q
08-31-2006, 07:25 PM
Nebo is the only dog allowed, and he's only allowed on my bed. My parents hate dogs on beds but they've agreed to my dog, my bed. ;)

He usually "asks" before getting up (he'll look at me and stand by the bed). He rarely sleeps the whole night up there, usually he jumps off and sleeps under my computer desk instead. Most nights he doesn't even want to get up there. He likes being up there when I'm not on the bed better.

gemini9961
08-31-2006, 08:00 PM
Sadie used to sleep in the bed with us, hubby didn't like it because between Sadie and I he didn't have much room, lately though she has been sleeping on the dog bed in the room. Grant has never been allowed up there and Maggie sometimes comes in a night and scratches at the bed for me to pick her up and get in the bed. She's not a bed hog and she sleeps on my side so hubby doesn't care. :)

sammy101
08-31-2006, 08:02 PM
Yep! They both sleep with me everynight. :)

Sevaede
08-31-2006, 10:56 PM
Yup. The witties are allowed any where at any time. They don't have issues or problems with anything so there's no need to restrict them (Yup, Soni has stopped chasing Isis down!). Spanky is allowed anywhere when I am around to supervise.

They are all allowed and welcomed on the bed, whenever, but none of them like to stay. Soni prefers to sleep in a laundry basket or drawer. Isis prefers to sleep in the chair in the living room or under the bed. Spanky prefers to sleep on the floor or in her crate (w/ pillow).

Suki Wingy
08-31-2006, 11:05 PM
I have a bunk bed... but if I didn't they sure as heck would be aloud in bed with me! :D .

I used to have a loft bed, a bunk bed w/o the bottom bed (to conserve space) and I really, really missed Niņo at my feet so after a few years I got a normal bed for that reason.

zoey
09-04-2006, 01:00 PM
She has to be invited. Yes, when she is sick. But right now we are using NILIF, so no, not right now. It's hard, but NILIF is working!

jackie
09-04-2006, 04:36 PM
My ex loved having them in the bed, but now he is gone, all the dogs are back in their beds (where they belong).

My bed is for humans only. :)

lizbud
09-04-2006, 06:15 PM
Yes they are but the cats are not. The kitties seem to move around
to much for me to get any sleep at all. :)

beeniesmom
09-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Oh yes, they demand it. I love to cuddle with them, but sometimes 4 in a bed is too many... and I get the couch! :p

Jessika
09-04-2006, 06:25 PM
yes but only with permission!

cmayer31
09-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Riley doesn't like being on human beds, so she chooses not to. Frankie is allowed on the bed when I'm not home, she stares out the window all day. She'll come up when invited, but she doesn't like sharing "her" bed, so if I'm in it she'll go lounge on the spare chair in my room.

catnapper
09-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Thats why we got a king sized bed - so everyone can have room :)

Though Nicki usually doesn't stay in bed when we go to sleep. I think it might have something to do with the fact that the cats take over once the lights go out.

Anita Cholaine
09-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Anita can be whenever she wants in all the humans beds.
My dad didn't want her to sleep in the beds at first, be even he enjoys taking a nap with her now! It's a bit unconfortable to sleep with her, though... She might be a small dog, but she knows for sure how to take over the whole bed! :p

elizabethann
09-05-2006, 01:21 PM
This is a funny thread. Just the other night I woke up and I was literally at the edge of the bed. If I had rolled over just slightly, I would have fallen off. Fenway & Maxie (one of my cats) had the whole freaking bed! Sometimes I have to pull my legs out from under the sheets just so I can get out of bed. And they just lay there, looking at me.

So yes, Fenway (and my cats) can sleep with me. :D