PDA

View Full Version : Lassie: The New Generation

BC_MoM
08-31-2006, 01:17 AM
A new Lassie movie is coming out, made in the UK (it's an independent film). My Dad downloaded it for me a few months ago, and it was actually really great. It made me cry a few times. I recommend it to ALL of you! :)

The film is set on the eve of World War II in a Yorkshire mining town. After falling on hard times, the Carraclough family is forced to sell Lassie, their beloved dog, to the Duke of Rudling. When she succeeds in escaping her cage, Lassie finds herself transported five hundred miles away to the Duke’s remote castle on the northern coast of Scotland.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/lassie/trailer/
Trailer (2:03)
Drama
Rating: PG
In Theatres: September 1st, 2006

Charles Sturridge (dir.)
Peter O’Toole
Samantha Morton
John Lynch
Steve Pemberton
Jonathan Mason

Dorothy39
08-31-2006, 09:22 PM
I in in love with Collie Dogs,( I confess, I love DOGS) and , yes, I grew up Loving "Lassie", so, thank-you for pointing out this New Lassie Movie!!!

cyber-sibes
09-01-2006, 07:58 AM
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it-- it should be here soon. I also love Lassie (and Peter O'Toole! ;) )
Funny story - when we were kids, my brother and I each got a huge stuffed Lassie dog for Christmas. My brother kept his under his bed,facing out to the hallway. I remember being terrified it was going to jump out and get me some night! ( :rolleyes: I was only 4)

dappledoxie
09-01-2006, 08:45 AM
Awesome! It sounds a lot like the book Lassie Come Home. :)