PDA

View Full Version : Need Good Samaritan, Transport Cat frm NY to PA

Lizzie
08-30-2006, 05:37 PM
I've adopted this cat:

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote...i?petid=6892396 (Sorry, the link is no longer working, I guess because I adopted her. She's a terror stricken tuxedo who was a day away from being euthanized until Lucille, the rescue lady, tagged her as "Do not destroy" and put her on PetFinder.)

She will be staying with Jen in Allentown, PA until I can arrange transport for her to Seattle, WA. The rescue organization is one elderly woman who cannot make the drive. Jen can't make the drive though she is ready and waiting to foster her (I've called her Leda).

Is anyone on PT making the trip from East Meadow, NY to Allentown PA this weekend by any wonderful chance? Does anyone feel that they can be a very good samaritan and transport Leda?

Thank you for considering. We want Leda to begin her new life, away from a terrifying shelter, as soon as possible.

kuhio98
08-30-2006, 07:27 PM
Lizzie ~ I've e-mailed a friend who lives in Stewartstown, PA. She has done some transports in the past. I'll see if she's willing to do a round-trip. If she's away at her cabin (West Virginia) we may not hear from her for a few days.

Lisa

Lizzie
08-31-2006, 03:35 AM
Many thanks for trying your friend, Lisa. Jen, Lucille and I all want to see Leda in a safe and comforting environment as soon as possible.

jenluckenbach
08-31-2006, 04:36 AM
Unbeilievable update!

A friend is going to DRIVE me to NY to pick up Leda! THIS Sunday!

SO, now I need info..........where am I going (exactly)? Will I be meeting Lucille or going directly to the shelter? Is Sunday going to be OK????

WOOO HOOOO !!!

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6892396
this is her link.

Lizzie
08-31-2006, 10:39 AM
I am grinning from ear to ear and crying at the same time - NOT a good way to be at work where people are dropping into my office every few minutes as we get this place ready for fall quarter.

I'll check into my comcast email and correspond with Lucille. She replies very quickly.

From cringing in a cage on death row, rejected by her guardians who had her toes cut off, to your safe, welcoming and comforting home - what a change!

Edited to add that I just checked my email so know you are in direct correspondence with Lucille, which is perfect. We'll wait to hear an update from you.

Reachoutrescue
08-31-2006, 10:46 AM
I am so happy you adopted that kit. I talked to Lucille via email she didn't know how to go about transporting her...then told me that somebody else adopted the kit...I knew it was you! Good save Lizzie!

kuhio98
08-31-2006, 05:46 PM
Oh, I'm glad everything is working out. :D :D

Lizzie
08-31-2006, 06:08 PM
Isn't it wonderful! I'll be on edge all day Sunday, waiting to hear from Jen that Leda is safely in her home. As I wrote to Jen, it's lucky for you picture-lovers that she is fostering Leda for a while as she is far more likely to post photographs of our new PT cat than I am - as, I think, Kim noted.

jenluckenbach
08-31-2006, 06:10 PM
Oh yes, I am completely addicted to posting photos. :D

I am really looking forward to Sunday.