PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE on Dr. Goodnow

moosmom
08-30-2006, 05:35 PM
I just got a voicemail from Kym and she asked me to post this.

After much soulsearching, the family has decided to take Mike off life support. Kym sounded absolutely exhausted, both physically and emotionally. She asked me to apologize for not posting, which I think is totaly understandable. They'll be making final arrangements for Mike's funeral (Kym is overseeing everything) so I'm not sure how long she'll be off PT. She wants everyone to know how sorry she is for not coming on here herself to explain. I could hear the emotion in her voice which in turn made me cry. I feel so helpless in not being able to help them.

After all that family has been through, with Alex and Mike, I can only say that they are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you all will join me in giving them the space and prayers they need to get through such a difficult time.

RIP Mike. :(

Karen
08-30-2006, 05:37 PM
Of course, prayers are being sent her way, for peace, and the strength to get through the next week, most of all.

Daisy and Delilah
08-30-2006, 06:39 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with the family. :(

Dorothy39
08-30-2006, 06:49 PM
I am holding them in my thoughts and prayers continuously. I feel so bad for all that they have been through. :(

Craftlady
08-30-2006, 07:27 PM
Sorry to hear this about this person Mike in their family. I've been reading the stories about Alex but do not recall reading about a Mike, what is his relationship to Kym and her family?

moosmom
08-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Mike is Adrien's (Kym's son) father. Kym and Jas have treated him like part of the family. He became ill and was rushed to the hospital. Correct me if I'm wrong here, Kym.

luvofallhorses
08-30-2006, 10:02 PM
:( my thoughts and prayers are with them and their family.
((hugs to Dr. Goodnow and family))

Bengalz
08-30-2006, 10:19 PM
Sending many healing thoughts and prayers to Kym and her family. I hope time will help to ease the painful memories of such a difficult decision.

Betty

Soapets
08-30-2006, 10:35 PM
Thoughts and prayers from Nebraska.................

Deb

Catty1
08-30-2006, 10:36 PM
Oh, no...Kym...((((HUGS)))) to you, I have LES here.

We had to face the same possible decision with my sister this spring.

I found some posts by many people who had had to do the same thing.

The common thread was that they had to take themselves out of the situation and be selfless...and think of the person themselves.

You all know you made the right decision.

HUGS HUGS HUGS....wish I was there.

Come back when YOU are ready...the door is open, you know that!

DrKym
08-31-2006, 01:56 AM
Mike passed at 10:25 pm this evening. He is survived by 5 daughters,a son, 2 grandsons and 3 granddaughters and another on the way. All your prayers are aknowledged and needed. Donna is my link here, his body will be picked up at 8 am thursday morning. No arrangements for services have been made but I am trying. As to who Mike was as one person in the thread asked, he was my ex husband and best friend since i was 16. He has lived with Jas and I for the last 3 yrs as his health was failing and he wanted to be closer to his son. He was 63, a Vietnam vet of 4 tours with the Marines and 3 times decorated, including a purple heart. I was proud to be his wife and blessed to be the mother of his kids. I was proud to be his friend. For now Donna in her unending graciousness has agreed to keep all of this family updated. Jasper is helping me to think about what next. I however am numb, my friend my love , my inspiriation chose to succumb to a demon I couldn't fight, and neither could he. I wish him Godspeed to the next part of his journey, and I know that there is a void that will never be filled. His daughter wants his cat, but I cannot part with it as of now. Maybe I am wrong, but it hurts too much.

moosmom
08-31-2006, 07:47 AM
Oh Kym,

My heart is aching for you and your family. I wish I lived closer so that I could help in some way. Be strong (as I know you are) and know that we are ALL here for you. Like Catty1 said, come back here when YOU are ready.

Huge ((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))) to you during this sorrowful time.
:(

Dorothy39
08-31-2006, 07:56 AM
Dear Goodnows,

I can't type , in WORDS, How very sorry I am that you had to make this decision. May TIME serve as a comforting balm for you, in that, You released your LOVE for him,~~~~ so beautifully~~~~~ :(

May this same LOVE**Sustain** You and Yours together during this time of Sorrow.

Queen of Poop
08-31-2006, 08:32 AM
Good thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Please accept my condolences.

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-31-2006, 08:34 AM
Please accept my sincere condolances...! May he rest in peace!!

Lori Jordan
08-31-2006, 08:50 AM
Kym if there is anything i can do for you please let me know,I myself just lost ny ex husband the end of July due to circumstances im not thrilled with,I feel you pain please if there is anything i can do drop me a line i would be happy to talk to you,May he rest in peace!((Hugs to you and your family))

kimlovescats
08-31-2006, 11:24 AM
My thoughts and deepest sympathies are with you, Kym. My family had to make the same very difficult decision with my own brother. He had fought a very long and hard battle with things he was unable to overcome as well. My comfort comes in knowing that his earthly struggles are over and he is with our Father in Heaven.

Hugs,
Kim

cyber-sibes
08-31-2006, 11:37 AM
(((hugs))) to all of you during this difficult, difficult time. May Mike rest in peace now, no more struggling. He sounds like a person who is leaving many warm memories behind. And quite a hero, too, God bless him for his service. He was also fortunate to have you in his life, right till the end. Peace be with you.

Ginger's Mom
08-31-2006, 11:59 AM
Please accept my sincere condolences. My thoughts and prayers will be with your family in this time of sorrow.