PDA

View Full Version : Losing My Patience

zoey
08-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Blargh.
The situation at work is, well, i'm not sure.
I work for a guy whose ex-wife lives next door. For whatever reason, her name is on the company acct. (She gets child support from the account.) She's nosy, thinks she's my superior and always acts like she has a chip on her shoulder, though I've always been nice to her. Today the $hit hit the fan, she came over to the business drunk, talking about me in a very disrespectful manner to a couple of my co-workers who said nothing. So I went over and asked her not to do that.
I think she was hoping I'd lose my temper or simply quit. I did neither. She won't get the best of me, and I told her I'd pray for her, but I won't put up with her coming to the business anymore, while I am there. She is an instigator and I'm only trying to do my job. If she wasn't my boss' ex, I'd file a protection order against her.
I think she is unstable and I just don't need this carp!!!
She has nothing to do with the business, but looking over the checkbook and taking money from the acct. once a month. Last year, there was 6,400 dollars of bounced check charges, as she was the *bookkeeper* then. Since I've been around, we haven't had one. My boss is being audited, and she won't help him with the taxes that she screwed up the last 4 years. I've even given the company loans 2 or 3 times when we needed some expensive equipment. That was when she first became quite venomous. Could she be jealous or something? I'm perplexed really, as to why she hates me so much. Their divorce was 2 years ago, and my boss is in a very serious relationship with a nice woman.
If anyone has any comments or experiences with undesirables in the workplace, please share.....

zoey
09-01-2006, 08:19 AM
Lol!! :D :D
I was really steamed, when I wrote this!!!
My job is really good and has lots of perks, so i really shouldn't whine. It's just nice to know I can come here and vent from time to time. :D Thanks for reading, all...
How is everyone else's work situations going?

Pawsitive Thinking
09-01-2006, 08:25 AM
Glad you could let off steam here - she sounds a real charmer! As for me? My job is the reason I get out of bed in the morning........................................... .................................................. .......................not

zoey
09-01-2006, 08:31 AM
Ha ha. Yeah, she's a gem. :p
Well, it's all good. I'm off to work now, then i get off 2 hours early so I can make it to Corpus Christi for a Candlebox concert and the 3 day weekend!!!
Talk to you guys later and drive carefully this weekend!!

Pawsitive Thinking
09-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Have a great time! You've earned it!