PDA

View Full Version : Oh boy. Look what I just ordered for my cats!

sasvermont
08-30-2006, 02:40 PM
spoiled or what? (http://www.improvementscatalog.com/product.asp?product=314088TAUzz&dept%5Fid=0&subdept%5Fid=30)

I will take a few photos of them mauling each other when climbing to the top!

I wonder how much weight it will hold before falling to the floor?

I hope Lucy (the heaviest of the four) stays toward the bottom!

Hehehehehehehehe!

I hope there is a warranty that comes with it! :eek:

Barbara
08-30-2006, 02:49 PM
I can't wait until I see pictures of my favorite Aby girl monkeys in it :D

Killearn Kitties
08-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Ooo you must let us know how it goes! I'm sure your little climbers will love it. :D

Logan
08-30-2006, 02:57 PM
SAS, they are going to be in heaven!!!!!

catnapper
08-30-2006, 02:59 PM
I'm jealous! That looks like cat heaven

But I can see Abby sitting contentedly at the top and Pouncer sneaking up from below. Oh the screamfest that would errupt from that! :eek:

sasvermont
08-30-2006, 03:16 PM
I think it will have to go on the outside of my porch door for the time being. I don't want to hear the racket all night long...Miley hissing and growling and Chloe doing her high pitched yowling.......and then Miley and Juni mixing it up....

I will take photos for sure.

I just know it will be a big hit. It appears that one can climb all the way to the top, through the holes in the previous layer. Oh boy. All hell is going to break out. At least there is an extra "slot"....four cats, five slots....hehehehe :D

kimlovescats
08-30-2006, 03:23 PM
That looks like a bunch of fun just waiting to be had! :D

Laura's Babies
08-30-2006, 03:39 PM
I can't wait for the pictures, that is going to be a winner!

Don Juan's mom
08-30-2006, 04:47 PM
"Satisfies the cat's natural curiosity and need to climb"? Mine have a computer desk for that. :rolleyes:

Liz

elizabethann
08-30-2006, 05:49 PM
That's awesome!

catmandu
08-30-2006, 05:55 PM
I have thought of buying one for the Found Cats, but it may be a bit on the flimsy side for my Tubbies.
Please let us know how the house holds up.

Russian Blue
08-30-2006, 06:08 PM
I saw one of those at a cat show. But, on closer inspection, it was a mesh fabric which had holes large enough for a cat's foot to get tangled in! :rolleyes: I didn't think they tested their product, or only had very large footed cats! :p Hopefully your purchase will be made of a better cat friendly material.

I'm sure your crew will think it's Christmas when that package arrives! Let us know if it meets the 'feline team' standards. :)

Reachoutrescue
08-30-2006, 10:28 PM
That is so cool!! If I had the money I would get my kits that!!

krazyaboutkatz
08-31-2006, 12:20 AM
I've seen this before in the Drs Foster & Smith catalog but I don't think it would hold my 3 largest cats. Pearl and Ziggy would love it. I can't wait to see pictures of your furkids enjoying it.:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-31-2006, 03:36 AM
Maya, Inka, Zazou & Snoopy here:

WOW, our plane is booked!! Woohoo, meoooooooooooow!!

jenluckenbach
08-31-2006, 04:52 AM
I always wondered if that was a good product. But I worry about too many cats trying it at the same time. :rolleyes:

sasvermont
08-31-2006, 07:36 AM
All of my Abys weigh the same 6-7 lbs. and Lucy weighs a little more - probably 8 lbs. So I think if all four are in there at the same time it may just work......or not. Time will tell. It has yet to arrive in the mail. I will most likely get it next week. I didn't want to pay more for the earlier shipping. :rolleyes: The cats can wait, but can we? :D

Vermontcat
09-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Is it there yet? :)
If you need an extra person to take lots of photos of the cats checking out their new toy let me know and I'll be right there.
I can just imagine Junigetdown being Junigoesup, Junigoesdown, Junigoesup, Junigoesdown. ;)

CatLuvrs
09-03-2006, 07:01 PM
wow that is awesome! :)

sasvermont
09-03-2006, 08:28 PM
I expect the door thingie Tuesday or Wednesday! :)

sasvermont
09-13-2006, 08:36 AM
Wow, the thing weighs a ton. It will never fall apart. Someone mentioned a flimsy version, well, this one is NOT flimsy.

It took me a few minutes to figure out how to hook it over the door, as the directions were a bit vague (aren't they always?)..... It had a plastic smell to it, so it is outside on my porch right now. I had initially parked it on my bedroom door, knowing full well that I would never get to sleep if it stayed there.....but the smell.....

Anyway, the cats did like it. I think they too were put off by the smell. It isn't horrible, just evident. I have a sensitive nose. The three Abys were in it on it, through it....one by one......Lucy looked but did not elect to investigate. She preferred my bed to the newest toy structure.

Tonight I will move it to another door. It is quite large so it does impact in the coming and going through a door. I may just nail that baby up on a wall on my porch, keeping it from the rain and from being seen from the outside world.

All in all, I like it and hope the cats will learn to like it. I am sure they will. Over the weekend I will make sure to take some photos.

By the way, it is SO sturdy that it COULD hold at least 10 or 15 cats.....at once......

Stay tuned for the photo shoot pics coming this weekend! ;)

catnapper
09-13-2006, 08:51 AM
Cool! It sounds amazing (though stinky)

I think Jen and Jan, and a few others here with 10 or more cats shold test that theory out!

Pam
09-13-2006, 09:10 AM
Will stay tuned, looking for pictures this weekend. :) I hope the campers like it. It is so disappointing to buy something for them and have them prefer the inside of a grocery bag or cardboard box. :rolleyes: Hope they have hours and hours of kitty fun in it!

Any news on little Timstead? Are you still laying awake and worrying about him at night? LOL!

sasvermont
09-13-2006, 10:39 AM
Because Tim's new Dad works with me, I get a daily update.

Tim is now called Radar.....

Radar has an URI and so today I will stop at the vet and pickup pills.

He is being really good......after one week......and they are so in love with him. He has another vet appt. on 9/27...... He is one lucky kitty. Thanks for asking.....

:)

Randi
09-13-2006, 11:14 AM
What an amazing climbing tower - of course they'll like it! :D I thought of getting Fister a tent, but now ... I'm not sure. ;)

Vermontcat
09-13-2006, 03:15 PM
It sounds like the campers like their new toy.
Hopefully the "new" smell will wear out in time.
I can't wait to see photos of them playing in and on it.

It's good to hear an update on your rescue kitty.
You did such a good thing taking him in and finding him a new home. :)

Russian Blue
09-13-2006, 03:20 PM
Woohoo...let the fun begin! I am really glad the product is well made since in the near future there will be many kitty testers. :D

kimlovescats
09-13-2006, 08:49 PM
It's sturdy and strong??? GOOD .... I might just have to get one for my clowns!!! Can't wait to see the pics!!! :D