Jme3
05-28-2002, 07:28 PM
What is your favorite type of cat breed? I like Calicos, Abbysinians,
Siamese, Burmese, and Tokinese. What about you?:o

Jme3:p

yorkster
05-28-2002, 07:51 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk.
I am kinda partial to Maine Coons (have one MC mix and one pure MC).
They are BIG, silly, affectionate, and quite dog-like, while still being a cat.
Oh, and I forgot: they are beautiful!
LOVE those big guys :rolleyes:

luvdemabys
05-30-2002, 02:43 PM
Abys, Abys, Abys!

todd
05-31-2002, 02:11 AM
I LIKE Tabbys i have a big orange tabby her name is angel.

Boo's Mom
06-06-2002, 11:20 AM
I happen to be partial to Himmys. I have a purebred Flame-Point. I also like Russian Blues and Scottish Folds.

lailamara
06-06-2002, 01:45 PM
I'd say Abys, but then what is an Aby if not a tAbby without the patterning. I'm also partial to redheads, calicos and black cats. Quite frankly from plump pampered pure breds to savvy battle scarred ferals I've never met a cat I didn't think was just beautiful, perfect and a marvel of creation. Oh, and then there are tigers, leopards and all the wild cats..:D

moosmom
06-07-2002, 04:09 PM
I know this may sound dumb, but I love ALL cats. Everywhere I go and I see a cat, I absolutely MUST pet them.

Now, ask me which one of my cats is my favorite and I'd have to say my Sphynx MooShoo. I'm always kissing him cuz his skin is so soft.

The Cat Factory
06-09-2002, 02:26 AM
I love Sphynx, but Domestic House cats are my favorite!

NoahsMommy
06-11-2002, 05:41 PM
I'll have to agree with moosmom, I love all breeds. They are all unique.....however, I do feel bad for those hairless kitties... :(

yorkster
06-12-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Boo's Mom
I happen to be partial to Himmys. I have a purebred Flame-Point. I also like Russian Blues and Scottish Folds.

I have a flame-point Himmy mix (I have been told he is M. Coon/Himilayen, but he looks more Himmy with the blue eyes)
Here is a pic:

Boo's Mom
06-12-2002, 07:18 AM
Wow! Your Maine Coone/Himmy looks almost identical to my Boo Boo!!! Except Boo's face is a little rounder. (But not the squashed-face look of a Persian.) Thanks for sharing the picture!

yorkster
06-12-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Boo's Mom
Wow! Your Maine Coone/Himmy looks almost identical to my Boo Boo!!! Except Boo's face is a little rounder. (But not the squashed-face look of a Persian.) Thanks for sharing the picture!

I would LOVE to see a picture!!! Got one? :)

Boo's Mom
06-13-2002, 07:09 AM
I've got tons of pictures but posting them is another story! I'm very computer-challenged. Sometimes I can get my nephew to do it for me. Maybe Sunday...we'll both be at my parents' house for Father's Day.

sasvermont
06-13-2002, 07:37 AM
And I seem to have fallen in love with Ragdoll kittys too. But I love all cats and dogs...and most pets in general. I am an animal lover from way back!

But, Abys are #1 in my book.:D

yumyum6970
06-13-2002, 11:17 AM
I like ragdolls and burmans :) but then that is what my babies are! :)

I_love_cats
06-14-2002, 09:36 AM
Here are my fave breeds of cats I like, Bengal, Maine Coon, Russian Blue and Siamese. Before I didn't like Siamese but now that I am volunteering at my shelter, I met this friendly Siamese cat and I just adore him. I love all of these breed especially Main Coon, they are soo gentle. I think my cat is part Maine Coon.

yorkster
06-14-2002, 03:21 PM
I_love_cats, you are lucky if you have a M. Coon. They are my fav! :) :cool:

The Cat Factory
06-15-2002, 12:06 AM
I have a half Maine Coon, a Siamese and a Bengal. My aunt has a half Russian Blue named Peanut. I'll post some pics soon as I have time:) My other 6 are all DSH..

yorkster
06-15-2002, 01:46 AM
cute pic of Twinkles, cat factory :)

Boo's Mom
06-15-2002, 08:50 AM
What is DSH?

yorkster
06-15-2002, 01:38 PM
I think it's domestic short hair. :)

KittenCloudSprinkles
06-17-2002, 07:47 AM
Siamese
Calicos ,Orange Tabbies [hmm] Cream colored ragdolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I kinda like all cats...Because like humans they need to be treated equally!!!;)

Uabassoon
06-18-2002, 02:46 AM
It's nice to see so many Aby fans. I've always wanted one, but being a poor college kd on a budge I can't afford one and I haven't seen one at a shelter here :( . But that's ok because I already have two great cats that I love, an orange tabby and a siamese mix. :D

kgeorge
06-19-2002, 10:53 AM
I love them all but my favorites are the big guys, Norwegian Forest Cat - Sundance, Maine Coons and Siberians.

snowshoe2
06-20-2002, 03:56 PM
Hello everyone,
I recently found this board and just had to join. Cat people are my kind of people!
I have never met a cat I didn't like and never really had a favorite breed...I think all breeds have something special about them and DSH cats are all unique too.
I guess I do have a soft spot for Siamese, because my favorite cat I ever had was a Siamese mix. When it came time to get another cat I wanted something from the Siamese family. I don't hear much about this breed from others and not many even know about it, but I have 2 purebred male(N)Snowshoes and a DSH calico.
The Snowshoe is a mix of Siamese and Bi-color American Shorthair. My "boys" are 4 years old and full of energy...always into something. They like to go outside for walks on their leashes and LOVE water.
My calico is a rescue cat that came with a litter of 4 kittens that I helped raise and place into homes.
If I can do this right I have included a picture of my 2 Snowshoe boys Bandit and Cocoa.
http://plymire.home.mchsi.com/theboys2.jpg

Cynthia
06-20-2002, 09:20 PM
I've become a "cat person" over the last seven years, thanks to my wonderful Manx, Stump. The Manx breed is apparently known to be affectionate and companionable, and I would agree completely. They are also beautiful cats in my opinion--people who are unfamiliar with the breed are generally surprised to hear that the Manx doesn't have a tail. Yes, they're unique--but they are also incredibly sweet and mellow cats.

And Snowshoe2, welcome to PetTalk. Your guys are beautiful and I thank you for sharing the photo, because now I am convinced that my other cat, Emmett, is definitely a Snowshoe. He's black and white with the same facial markings as your guys (particularly the one on the right!). I had wondered if he could be a Snowshoe and now I think he must be. His meow is not very loud, and occasionally he sounds like he's making human words and sounds. Still trying to get the hang of this new computer and as soon as I learn to scan a photo, I'll try to share.....

yorkster
06-21-2002, 01:19 AM
very pretty kitties Snowshoe!
And welcome to Pet Talk :)

cutie_chica
06-26-2002, 04:47 PM
I like Pursiann Kittys :) The fluffier the better :)

lovemymaltese
06-27-2002, 01:33 PM
What is a ragdoll kitty? I have never heard of one. I am allergic to cats, unfortunately so I am not real familar with the breeds.

puppydog51590
06-27-2002, 01:57 PM
Im not really into cats but i would say Tabby

cutie_chica
06-27-2002, 03:46 PM
My kitty has the same markings as the cats above? Can You look at the pic im attaching and tell me if maybe she is part snow shoe?

The Cat Factory
06-27-2002, 03:46 PM
Here is a picture of a Ragdoll:

Picture Of A Ragdoll (http://catoftheday.com/archive/2002/April/08.html)

sweet_stormy
06-28-2002, 10:48 AM
Sorry. I dont have a favorite cat breed. I like them all. I dont have a pure bred cat. I have two cats that are brother and sister. They had two fathers and a mother that was part calico. I dont know about their fathers though.