PDA

View Full Version : Do you have drama doggies?

ashleycat
08-29-2006, 05:04 PM
The other day, same day I had vet tell me she had hip dysplasia, Runner had comming out of the room with her front paw in the air not putting it down. I thought... o man.. how'd she hurt herself this time..

I get her paw to look at it and she had a peice of food stuck to it lmao. She treated it like her foot was broken.

k9krazee
08-29-2006, 05:51 PM
Haha, that's funny!

Kyra's the only one that acts like that really. When she's playing with the other dogs she'll yelp and cry even before the other guys LOOK at her, lol. She can be such a baby but other times she's the toughest, baddest dog in the house!

Glacier
08-29-2006, 06:44 PM
Four years ago, Earle had to go to the vet on Christmas Eve for stitches--that's what happens when you try to steal another dog's chunk of caribou meat! To this day, if anyone raises their voice at Earle, his paw comes up in the air..."Oh, you can't be mad at me, I'm hurt!!" But over time he has forgotten which leg was injured so he often lifts the wrong one!

Roxyluvsme13
08-29-2006, 07:03 PM
YES. :rolleyes:

Ginger's Mom
08-29-2006, 07:06 PM
Hehe, let me see if I can tell this quickly. One day in the fall, Peaches (my RB girl) was running around in the grass next to the apartment, when all of a sudden she pulled up on her right front foot and couldn't put any weight on it. I checked it and couldn't feel anything caught between the pads, it seemed to move fine, so I told her she was fine. She still wouldn't use her paw. I also noticed that one of her pads didn't look right (brownish rather than black, and it was hard). So I took her over to one of her favorite neighbor's house to have that person look at it. As she was checking at Peaches' paw she said, "well, look at this" as she started to peel Peaches' pad off. :eek: Well, at least that is what I saw. Apparently Peaches had stepped on the top of an acorn and it fit perfectly over her pad, and everytime she stepped down it dug into her foot. Poor baby. After that, everytime she wanted to go to that neighbor's house she would lift her right paw. :D

Cinder & Smoke
08-29-2006, 07:56 PM
To this day, if anyone raises their voice at Earle, his paw comes up in the air...
"Oh, you can't be mad at me, I'm hurt!!"

But over time he has forgotten which leg was injured
so he often lifts the wrong one!

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
Earle: "Hate it when I make that mistake!" http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/redface.gif

Years ago my (RB http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif ) Shepherd/Husky - Shadow - managed to
BREAK the outside toe on her back foot - and was "wrapped" from her
toes up to her knee for about a month.
Doc said it would "hurt" for a while, and she'd "favor it" -
which would hasten the healing...

"FAVOR it"!!?? http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif
You'd have thought they cut the whole LEG OFF!

I swear the ONLY time that paw touched the ground was when she
had been outfitted with a protective "baggie" to go outside for a walk
or potty trip... SOMEHOW it didn't "hurt" so much when there
was no one around to exclaim "Oh you POOR Baby!"

She VERY Quickly learned that the more she *hobbled* & *limped* -
the More Attention and Sympathy she got...
"WE" created a *monster*!

Suddenly she couldn't *jump* into the car ~
"Dad, I need a *boost up*, please."

After a week of *practicing the hobble & limp* ~
she decided she just couldn't manage to *hop* up the stairs from
the basement and garage to the first floor ~
"Dad, kuld you *carry* me up??"

I did that ONCE - but she *blew it* a hour later after I "bagged her up"
for an outie - and watched her TROTT AROUND on ALL Fours for an
hour when she thought I wasn't watching...
Called her in and she suddenly couldn't manage the three front steps!

I smelled a rat!
It was dinner time - called her again to come in...
*WHINE* ... *WHIMPER* ... http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif ... Can't make it up the steps, Dad.

(Dinner was "served" on the front porch -
with me "peeking" out the window...)
I'd hardly closed the front door before she had her head burried
in the moments before "unreachable bowl"!

Hmmmmm... I bagan to taper off on the "POOR Baby" routine.

But alas;
my "Friends" continued to lavish gobs of *sympathy* on "Poor Shadow" -
and no amount of my telling them that she REALLY wasn't "hurting"
had any effect towards reducing the *sympathetic
support* she enjoyed.

LONG after (MONTHS after) the "wrapper" came off,
and the Doc pronounced her FULLY Healed...
she finally "gave up" on trying to use the *hobble* & *limp*
routine with ME ~ but
EVERY Time we'd visit the Fire Station or a customer would come into the Shop ~
Poor ol' Shadow would suffer a sudden "relapse" of
"WOE iz me - my paw'z jest KILLIN me!" and
begin the *hobble* & *limp* routine, basking in the outpouring of fresh *sympathy*! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif

The only "flaw" in her routine was her downfall -
she began to forget WHICH paw had been the SORE Paw! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
Friends would *notice* and began asking me:
"Which paw did she hurt??"
The correct answer was RIGHT - REAR...

"Uhhhh... she just "LIMPED" over to me holding up her LEFT Rear leg!"

It got SOOOO Bad she was often observed to try a few "limps" with
EACH of all FOUR legs being "tried out" to see if ANY of them
would generate a "POOR Baby" response. http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/tongue.gif

Rest In Peace, Dear Shadow -
Dad really *misses* http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif you!!

cyber-sibes
08-29-2006, 09:23 PM
To this day, if anyone raises their voice at Earle, his paw comes up in the air..."Oh, you can't be mad at me, I'm hurt!!" But over time he has forgotten which leg was injured so he often lifts the wrong one!Earle, you big sweetie, I'd treat you special no matter which paw you raised up! Shadow sounds like she deserved an Academy Award, Phred!
my rb Rosie could be a real ham. she could easily jump the fence into the garden - which she knew was a no-no. then she'd freak out, realizing that she was now in trouble, and would sit out there and whine, looking all pathetic--"I have no idea how this happened, honest! I can't get back over, will you come open the gate? Pleeeaaassseee?" :rolleyes: Right!

ashleycat
08-29-2006, 09:48 PM
ha ha h a. im really rofol lol

sanford8916
08-30-2006, 06:28 AM
We had a beagle that was an escape artist, we had the pre-made dog kennel, she would get out, so we zip striped the links to the pole on the bottom so she couldn't go under it, but she still got out, so we put her back in and said show us, so she gladdly showed us, she was getting out where there was a hole cut out so they could get into the garage in their house! She was very proud of herself! :)

Lori Jordan
08-30-2006, 09:06 AM
Lacy's middle name is Drama,she is the most dramatic dog i have seen,if something does not go her was she whines,yesterday she got mad at me i call her Lacy woo woo!She hates it what did she do she went into my bedroom and messed up the bed,She threw all pillows on the floor then she ripped the comforter off.I soooo wish i had a video camera.Then she does this thing were she scratches almost like she is on a tredmill.Then i say you stop that!SHe startes growling at me almost like she is telling me off.SHe is my spoiled little brat and i love her to pieces!

pitc9
08-30-2006, 09:13 AM
Sierra is a DRAMA queen!
She'll take all she can get! :o

ashleycat
08-30-2006, 09:58 AM
my mom's ex boyfriends dog will get all the shoes and line them perfectly on the bed when they were gone for long.

CathyBogart
08-30-2006, 12:39 PM
There was a little chi at the dog park a few days ago who would start crying and screaming whenever another dog so much as looked at her. Mom assured us she had never been attacked, she was just a little drama queen.

Not a dog, but...at a pet store I used to work at, there was a little Hahn's Macaw who would suddenly stiffen like he was having a seizure, and CRASH off of his perch, scaring the daylights out of all of us....until we RAN over to his cage and discovered him peeking at us with one eye and thoroughyl enjoying all of the attention. Once we had him thoroughly vetted to be sure he wasn't REALLY having seizures, we all had a good laugh. :rolleyes: Silly bird.

luvofallhorses
08-30-2006, 12:44 PM
yeah Ginger. :p she always acts like she has something and growls at Buster if he gets too close. :rolleyes:

zoomer
08-30-2006, 12:52 PM
Georgia (when she has her doggie coat on or her life jacket)
"Oh my god mom, get it off me!"
"I'm sooo not gonna move"
"Nope, not till you take it off me"
"Ugghhh I look like such an idiot"
"I'm not moving. I'll hunch my back and not move a muscle"
"Nope."
"Never."
And, "Hehe, at the end I get my way".

Alaska (when he's on my parent's bed and my dad comes into the room) bold is Alaska
"Alaska get down!"
"Grrr"
"ALASKA!!"
"Grrrrrrrrrrr"
And at the end, "Haha"

Blue_Frog
08-30-2006, 03:03 PM
Maggie has completely mastered the 'oh-poor-me' face. Any time she wants attention, she will come over and make 'the face' just to get the 'awwwww poor maggie, whats wrong?!' response. Then she does the happy-face-wiggle-butt dance and goes on her way. Its also the face that gets her extra treats on occasion (usually from soft hearted house guests -- aww, poor maggie, would a treat make you feel better?) *lol*

Shes also the first dog that i've run across that smiles - with teeth. The first time she did it I thought she was in some kind of guard dog mode - smiling with all her teeth showing in the front. I was kind of worried... then she widdled herself (still a pup) and was doing the happy-dance the whole time. At least she got past the 'omg-people-people-happy-people-widdle' phase! :rolleyes: Now, if you just ask her to 'smile pretty' she does :)

Some of maggies faces...

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n19/bluefrog_ca/maggie_face.jpg

:)

ashleycat
08-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Runner smiles too! lol

BORDER COLLIE LOVER
08-30-2006, 11:21 PM
Whenever Casey gets an owie, he drops everything and comes running to me. Then he shows me his owie, usually his paw or leg. If I get an owie and show him he will lick it for me, he is such a sweetheart!

ashleycat
08-31-2006, 09:26 AM
Whenever Casey gets an owie, he drops everything and comes running to me. Then he shows me his owie, usually his paw or leg. If I get an owie and show him he will lick it for me, he is such a sweetheart!
awwwww