PDA

View Full Version : 6 month old puppy is sick

jagsjorge
08-29-2006, 12:42 PM
6 month old german shepherd pitbull mix puppy is sick and does not want to eat nor drink water. The only thing he eats is grass and i have seen him throwing up a couple of times. What should i do? I gave him pepto bismol and pedialyte. I give it to him by force since he looks sad and looks weak. I would take him to the vet but my parents dont get paid til friday. and suggestions on what i should do.

Karen
08-29-2006, 12:44 PM
Take him to the vet right away, ask to work out a payment plan. This is very serious.

ComedyDevil
08-29-2006, 12:47 PM
How long has it been since he last ate or drank anything?

I'm sorry, but you NEED to get this pup to the vet, even if you can't really afford it. Maybe they can sort out a payment plan for you, to make things easier, either way, he needs to see a vet. At least talk to your vet over the phone to see if there's anything you can give him.

Please keep us updated and let us know what happens!

EDIT - Has he been vaccinated? My JRT Ollie got Parvo when he was a pup, even though he'd had his vaccinations. He had the same symptoms as your pup, not eating or drinking, looking sad and weak, etc. We had to rush him to the vets at 3am, and the vet said if we hadn't of got there when we did, he would've died.

I'm not trying to scare you, but this is something really serious, especially as your pup is so young. He really, really needs to see a vet.

labmomma
08-29-2006, 02:24 PM
You need to get your pup to the vets immediately to get treatment for the problem. Talk with the vet about delaying the payment until your parents are paid or, if it's expensive, a payment plan. Most vets will work with you in order to provide proper care for a pet.
Let us know how things go.
Labmomma X 2 :)

pitc9
08-29-2006, 03:28 PM
Yes, Yes, Yes... Get the puppy to the vet.
Puppy become dehydrated VERY quickly and can die even quicker because of it.

jagsjorge
08-31-2006, 12:23 PM
took him for a short walk yesterday night and he pooped out watery and black. Today in the morning he finally ate his food. All i was giving him was pedialyte

areias
08-31-2006, 03:53 PM
Watery, black (especially if its all liquid) is big sign of parvo. Go to the vet, please!

Muddy4paws
08-31-2006, 04:38 PM
Not trying to be the mean person here but honestly do you want your dog to waste away to nothing? I'm being completely blunt here get the dog to the vet now! if you cant afford it then get a payment plan or find somone to look after the dog he needs urgent care asap and if you cant provide that then please rehome him or anything because he sounds extremely ill and its not fair on the dog at all, the dog shouldnt have to suffer due to your funds being low he didnt ask to be brought!

*LabLoverKEB*
08-31-2006, 06:19 PM
Take Him To The Vet As Soon As Possible!!!