PDA

View Full Version : Guess what torture I went through

Flatcoatluver
08-29-2006, 12:23 PM
I got my braces off, after 6 years of waiting!! It's so weird, my teeth are all smooth and slimy, I am also getting some crest whiting strips. I need them really bad.. I don't have any pictures on the computer before I got my braces but...
A couple months before I got my braces off
http://agility.zoto.com/img/30/48a61b2466ffffd281d536ee77106af8-.jpg
Now
http://agility.zoto.com/img/30/49948b13d676a583361d8b386256f3da.jpg

Karen
08-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Feels completely wierd, doesn't it? :) Congratulations!

Argranade
08-29-2006, 12:33 PM
Congratz.

I never had braces so I dunno what its like but im geussing its a reliefe. :)

catnapper
08-29-2006, 12:46 PM
Wow, 6 years for braces? They must have been crooked! :p

I never needed braces either - perfectly white and straight... now if only they didn't get a hundred cavities a year :rolleyes:

I_luv_rusty
08-29-2006, 12:53 PM
Congrats! I never had braces so I don't know what it feels like :p

Flatcoatluver
08-29-2006, 01:01 PM
Wow, 6 years for braces? They must have been crooked! :p

Thanks everybody.
Belive it or not they actually were not crooked. My top left canine tooth was at my right molar. So they had to remodal my mouth. They put a chain on my canine tooth and it took 5 years for it to get over to the right position.

Toby's my baby
08-29-2006, 02:04 PM
Wow, congrats!! I've had mine for about 3 years now. :o I'm actually used to them now, they don't bother me that much. I get mine off in October :D I'm very excited!

By the way, you have beautiful teeth!!

k9krazee
08-29-2006, 02:12 PM
YYAAAAAAY!! Congrats Bre!!

sammy101
08-29-2006, 03:30 PM
Congrats! :D I get mine off soon after 2 years. I'm so excited!

Logan
08-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Congratulations!! :) My daughter was so happy when hers came off after a little over 2 years. She has been great about using her retainers. Hope you will be, too!!!! :)

Logan

Flatcoatluver
08-29-2006, 03:39 PM
Congratulations!! :) My daughter was so happy when hers came off after a little over 2 years. She has been great about using her retainers. Hope you will be, too!!!! :)

Logan
I will be too.. Since I am homeschooled I will wear it all day and night long. I will only take it out if I have to go somewhere. I get my retainer Tursday. I hate retainers thoguh I had one for a couple years before I got my braces. :(

BC_MoM
08-29-2006, 03:48 PM
Beautiful smile. :D I get my braces off in April.

ashleycat
08-29-2006, 04:36 PM
I had them for 4 years. Mostly due to mom cancelling apointment and forgeting to make another one. I still have an overbite tho. NOt too terrible, but atleast my teeth are straight. Tho I do still have a small gap between my front 2, but its not bad at all. I had horrible crooked teeth.

soooo.. how did they get your tooth to where it was supposed to be? did they move it behind each tooth as the moved the others over somehow? I'm confused.

Reachoutrescue
08-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Congrats on your pretty teeth!!

Flatcoatluver
08-29-2006, 05:19 PM
soooo.. how did they get your tooth to where it was supposed to be? did they move it behind each tooth as the moved the others over somehow? I'm confused.
They hooked a chain from my canine tooth, and put the chain under my gums, they would pull the chain with a rubber band and cut the chain when it go closer and closer. I hope that makes sence. Thanks everyone.

ashleycat
08-29-2006, 10:19 PM
I understand... but how did they move the tooth? did the move it behind your teeth to get where it needed? was it the only one out of place? I bet it was painfull.

Flatcoatluver
08-29-2006, 10:25 PM
I understand... but how did they move the tooth? did the move it behind your teeth to get where it needed? was it the only one out of place? I bet it was painfull.
yep, it was the only one out place. It was underneath my gums behind my other teeth. It was very painful but well worth it!

*LabLoverKEB*
08-29-2006, 10:42 PM
Yippee! How exciting! I remember when I first got my braces off, I was like, "No, put them back on! It feels too wierd without them!" lol :p Looks beautiful now!

ashleycat
08-29-2006, 11:28 PM
yep, it was the only one out place. It was underneath my gums behind my other teeth. It was very painful but well worth it!
ouch. I hated my headgear that I never wore :rolleyes: I can only imagine what you went thru.

Almita
08-29-2006, 11:58 PM
Bre! Ur just like me I had braces for 5 years and i got them off this Feb and all i had was an overbite but yah they were i don't know being too observant so i guess i had them longer. Yes they do get all slimy and weird but its a great feeling eh? Congrats on getting them off.

Miss Z
08-30-2006, 04:18 PM
Woohoo Bre! It's great you finally got them off, and now you have a beautiful smile. Congratulations :D

K9karen
08-30-2006, 11:51 PM
Your teeth look beautiful! It was certainly worth all those years! You'll never regret it!
My goal, believe it or not, at my age, is to get the new Invisalign. I guess because only 3 of my bottom teeth are crooked (my adult teeth came in behind the baby ones, which they had to pull, hence they came in crooked)nobody thought it necessary for me to have braces. I already had a consultation and I 'll need top and bottom in order to make my teeth aligned. My new dentist promised me FREE whitening if I get the braces. He just got his off and he's my age. So...once I put my priorities in order, I will get braces.