PDA

View Full Version : What fish?

Sevaede
08-28-2006, 10:35 PM
As some know, all of my fish died recently. I am not sure if I maybe put too much AquaSafe in it?

I am setting up the tank tomorrow so I can let the water run for a couple of days. I want to get another fish soon (just one or two, this time) but am not sure of what to look into.

Suggestions?

Chilli
08-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Sorry if you've already mentioned this somewhere, but what types of fish did you have before? plus, do you test your water for ammonia, nitrates, etc.?
I'm just trying to think of how your fish may have died... because as long as you follow the instructions on Aquasafe, then you shouldn't have exposed your fish to too much..
Good luck. =)

Zippy
08-29-2006, 03:00 PM
I think you should get a betta.They are the best fish.

Sevaede
08-29-2006, 07:32 PM
I had a VT male betta, a pleco, and a frog who happily coexisted for a long while. I had to switch them out of their tank into some others and they died. I used the same water setup 8 drops per gallon plus a teaspoon of aquarium salt when I switched them. So, I am unsure.

IRescue452
08-30-2006, 08:01 AM
Don't know how big the tank is. It sounds like a water quality issues and you shouldn't put fish in until its resolved. You should also let the tank cycle before putting fish in so there is less chance of them dying from water issues.

Aspen and Misty
08-30-2006, 11:54 AM
I really enjoy my little tropical orange fish. I got them at petsmart and they are very, very active. They don't require much work either. They are a lot of fun to watch and you can have a few or a bunch, however they recomend you get at least 3 because they enjoy each others company. I know that with a betta I can't seem to get them to do anything but sit at the bottom of there tank. So I went with something easier and much more active and I'm really enjoying them.

Ashley

Argranade
08-30-2006, 12:26 PM
Goldfish are active too and easy to take care of you could get 2 large fancy goldfish.

If you add a heater you can get some Angel fish or guppies there realy pretty too.

Oh if you get a bunch of female bettas they can be very movy too when in a comunity.

You could even add a small turtle in the tank lol thats what I would get. :D

Chilli
08-30-2006, 12:44 PM
Before I suggest anything, could I know how big the tank is? I'd hate to suggest a fish that would require a bigger tank in order to be happy.
Again, good luck. =)

The_Duck
08-30-2006, 10:43 PM
I, too, would like to inquire as to the size of your tank and if you're interested in salt water or fresh water fish. As stated in my siggy, I have a clownfish. He resides quite happily in a 10 gallon saltwater tank with four snails and an emerald crab. He's active and a 'good' fish. He even goes straight to bed at lights out. ;) :p

Sevaede
08-31-2006, 01:46 AM
It's 3 gallons. :) I am not particular as to any type of fish.

My procedure for tank cleaning: I fill up, from a tap, a gallon jug. I put in the Aquasafe and salt and it sits for about five to seven days. Then, after I have used a siphon to clean the rocks and take some water out (unsure about percentage, there is a line on the tank that I use to judge), I put some of that prepared water in and that's it.

I was informed that the quality of water in this city *has* gone down. I will refrain from using it.

Chilli
08-31-2006, 07:19 AM
Well, with only 3 gallons, you're rather limited. I'm drawing a blank, but I believe the only fish that would reach its full potential in a 3g, is a betta.
I don't know loads about smaller fish, as I'm more into cichlids, so maybe someone else can suggest something.

IRescue452
08-31-2006, 12:03 PM
3 gallons is very limiting...
-one male betta and two otos
-two female bettas
-a pair of guppies
-an african dwarf frog
-snail tank

I wouldn't suggest tetras because they can be very sensitive to water quality