PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Weekend Dog Craziness

ramanth
05-28-2002, 12:49 PM
Every year our neighbors, The Hamptons, have a bbq on Memorial Day. This year, we had some fun guests besides people. DOGS! :D

The Hamptons got an Australian Cattle Dog recently. Her name is Shelia. Their son brought his dog, a doberman named Anubis. Some other friends brought their Rottie, named Daisy. While another woman brought her small dog (don't know the breed), named Mia.

So Shelia, Anubis, Daisy, and Mia are running around loving up the attention. I wanted to bring Kia down, but mom said no. Supposedly Andy and I had tired Kia out at the parade earlier that morning. :rolleyes: :p

I was more tired than that dog of mine. *laughs*

Anyway, people are suddenly pointing and there is a wolf in the yard. Well.. it looked like a wolf or part of one. It was huge with silver fur and a fluffy tail. But the head suggested it was part Akita. There was a collar but no tags. None of the neighbors or us had ever seen the dog before.

His tail was tucked between his legs but he'd approach everyone happily. The other dogs didn't mind him. Except Anubis. A short fight broke out, until Shawn was able to contain Anubis.

Shawn got ahold of the silver dog but he slipped his collar. Everytime he got close, the silver dog would shy away. When he got close, I called him to me and tail between his legs, he approached. I grabbed him firmly with one hand by the scruff of his neck, and petted him with the other all while cooing at him. Shawn slowly approached and we got his collar back on. Now I had the silver dog, Shawn had a hamburger, and together he, Andy, and I led the silver dog to Shawn's truck. It took some searching but we finally found the house where the owners lived. Just down the road from me.

The dog had leapt thru a screen while the family was cleaning windows... I didn't catch the dogs name. But if I ever see him loose again, at least I know where he lives.

Later on I found out he had been loose all morning because before the bbq, mom saw him in our yard checking out Kia thru her kennel... until our cats drove the dog off the property. :D

anna_66
05-28-2002, 01:49 PM
Wow, what a story! Sounds like alot of fun a craziness! Glad to hear you found where the dog lived, he sounded beautiful!

ramanth
05-28-2002, 02:05 PM
It sure was. I wish I had my camera.

The Hamptons also bought chickens for Shelia so she'd have something to herd, but she ignores them! :rolleyes:

And out of all of the dogs... guess which one grabbed a chicken.

Yep. Mia. Her new nickname is Chicken Killer. The chickens were bigger than her!

(She didn't kill it but was caught with the neck of one in her mouth.) LOL!

Dixieland Dancer
05-28-2002, 02:12 PM
Sounds like a Memorable Memorial Day! :D :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-29-2002, 05:53 AM
Sounds like an adventure to me! He!He!He! :D :D :D

What fun! Coudos for returning the silver dog to his owner. From the way yo describe him, he sounds so handsome!

Gio
05-29-2002, 06:21 AM
Glad you were able to get him and bring him home. He sounds like a great looking dog.