View Full Version : Cat Bathing as a Martial Art

sasvermont
05-28-2002, 12:26 PM
Really funny:

http://gas.physics.usu.edu/~steev/kitty_gallery/catbath.html

I hope it works.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-28-2002, 01:48 PM
That's cute. :) Forutnately, or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, I've never tried to give Tubby a bath. Somehow I envision it just like this. :D

05-28-2002, 02:08 PM
:eek: :eek: oh no , never again I will try to give Sydney a bath again !!!:mad: :mad:
I was wetter than him and he was so scared !!!! should have seen the scratches on my arms !!!!!!!!!!!

http://communityshots.webshots.com/user/sydneybilliepets

momoffuzzyfaces
05-28-2002, 03:21 PM
Only if I loose my mind completely and develop a death wish would I consider giving one of my cats a bath!!!:D :eek:

Logan
05-28-2002, 03:39 PM
If you ever hear that I have tried to bathe either of mine, send the "whitecoats" over to take me away! :eek: It would be a bad, bad scene!!!! :D

yorkster
05-28-2002, 07:57 PM
That's good and :D :D :D

I don't bathe mine.........well once I tried when they had fleas several years ago. It did not work out too well, so I had to take them to a groomer.

krazyaboutkatz
05-29-2002, 12:02 AM
I've only tried to bathe Storm. This was also to get rid of fleas. It didn't work very well so the vet did it for me. Since then I've never tried this again. I can only imagine how it would be.

Nomilynn
05-29-2002, 01:09 AM
Bassett is GREAT in the bath as long as I get in with her. I have never tried with Tilly - she doesn't need it. She is very good at keeping herself clean. Bassett, on the other hand, is bath-lazy :rolleyes:

Gio
05-29-2002, 05:57 AM
I only bathed Maya when I first took her home. She was really dirty and covered in fleas so I had to. She was so scared and shaking like a leaf.

I don't need to bathe Foxy... he bathes himself, I cannot leave him alone with water. The other day I was washing the floor and he nearly jumped in the bucket :eek:

cutie_chica
05-30-2002, 08:25 PM
Princess doesnt mind baths to well. Just 2 nights ago my Fiancee' and I gave her a bath and he.. also a cat lover tryed telling me a different way to wash her, the main problem is mostly hearing the water run, and also being put in the tub with water so, we sat Princess in the sink. and we had 3 big cups of warm water to the side and washed her that way and she wasnt as scared. She was very angry at us afterwards. But she needed a bath we let her play in the basement where its kinda dirty and she got cobwebs all over her. :eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-30-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by cutie_chica
we let her play in the basement where its kinda dirty and she got cobwebs all over her. :eek:

Oh, did she have cobwebs stuck in her whiskers too? I think that is sooooo cute when they do that. Our litter boxes are in the basement, and sometimes Tubby will come up looking a little disheveled with cobwebs stuck in his whiskers. When that happens I know he was having a good time exploring some corner that he hasn't been to in a long while. :D However, if I tried to give him a bath because of it, I would probably be typing this with some kind of voice recognition system since my hands would be little shreds of skin. ;) :D

cutie_chica
05-30-2002, 10:51 PM
Yeah she did, she likes to hid in the dark corners of teh basement and wait til u walk then chase you around. My fiancee' chases her around teh basement and she slides everywhere. :) Princess and Howie ( my fiancee') are always in lil fights its so bad now that at 2 and 3 am she will meow and make n e noise she can to wake him up :eek: lol. Well thats all for now.. night from the Jones :):D