PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for the silence

DrKym
08-28-2006, 06:57 PM
I just want to let all of you know that although I have been very silent lately, it is because of family issues, my sons father was admitted to ICU on the 11th. He is comatose and on full life support. Before everyone panics and feels an outburst of emotion, he put himself there, he knew his drinking was way out of hand he went to rehab and decided he didn't like himself enough to stay sober. A gallon of vodka a day can do that to a person. I am his health care director per his living will and his directives to the hospital and today after a 3 hour long meeting with the hospital and the ehtics comittee, after talkeing for weeks with his adult kids and my rock Jasper we decided to honor his wishes and make arrangements to stop life support. To Donna thank you sweetheart for being on the other end of that phone everytime. To the rest of all of you, I still have things to mail and calls to return please bear with me, I haven't forgotton just haven't had time.

Dorothy39
08-28-2006, 07:06 PM
Dr.Goodnow!!!

You have my Prayers , again!!!

I missed you so bad!!!

Danegirl2208
08-28-2006, 07:20 PM
oh, im so sorry. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers hun..
hugs from me, Malakai and Chloe..

DrKym
08-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Thank you. Dorothy if you are going to pray pray as I do, for the ones that alcoholics leave behind. The questions and the never knowing of the children and the friends that saw so much in them. I am fine I know that sounds hard or cruel, it is all the rest that call me seeking answers to such an awful end to such a beautiful person. All I can say is we all have our own demons, and we fight them any way we can, it isn't and wasn't about those that loved Mike it was about his own anguish.

slick
08-28-2006, 07:42 PM
Gosh, I really don't know what to say. It's times like this that I wish I could come up with just the right words to comfort....but all I can do is offer up my prayers. I can only imagine how hard this is for everyone. :(

Dorothy39
08-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Thank you. Dorothy if you are going to pray pray as I do, for the ones that alcoholics leave behind. The questions and the never knowing of the children and the friends that saw so much in them. I am fine I know that sounds hard or cruel, it is all the rest that call me seeking answers to such an awful end to such a beautiful person. All I can say is we all have our own demons, and we fight them any way we can, it isn't and wasn't about those that loved Mike it was about his own anguish.
Believe it or not ( as Ripley well quoted)

I DO understand Your words!!!

( I do believe in spooks, I do believe in spooks, I do, I do, I do, I do) :( )

That is just another "Wizard of Oz" quote, taken out of content , of course!!!

Sevaede
08-28-2006, 08:26 PM
Oh my goddess, I am sorry. :( All I can offer are hugs and the like! PM me any time (I'd be glad to talk on phone or snail mail or email, too). *hugs*

Karen
08-28-2006, 08:39 PM
All his loved ones, you included, will be in our prayers. Thanks for checking back in.

DrKym
08-28-2006, 09:35 PM
your welcome and thanks to everyone

moosmom
08-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Kym,

I'm relieved to know you're okay. I'm sorry to hear he's not doing well. I worry about you, as you 've got so much on your plate right now. I know you'll call me when you're ready. Thoughts and prayers coming your way, honey. Know that I love you guys and have been on my mind since the whole Alex incident.

((((((((HUGS)))))))) honey!!

caseysmom
08-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Its so sad when someone is so self destructive, what a waste. I am sorry your having to go through this but you are doing the right thing. Make sure if your son is under 18 you get his father's social security benefits for him.

K9karen
08-29-2006, 12:26 AM
Kym, regardless of the circumstances, your son will still be losing his dad. I'm assuming that's Adrian, the lovely, intelligent, thoughtful young man I spoke to on the phone. Hugs to him. Bless your heart, you have so much on your plate. Feel free to call me anytime. Your friend, Karen

momoffuzzyfaces
08-29-2006, 01:34 PM
Such a sad situation. Prayers on the way from me too! :(

Toby's my baby
08-29-2006, 01:59 PM
I am so so sorry. :( I too, am not sure what the right words are so say. {{hugs to you and your family}} I will be thinking and praying

Husky_mom
08-29-2006, 02:11 PM
I just canīt seem to find the right words, but be sure we are here for you in any way we can............hugs to you on such a hard situation

good thoughts your way..........

cyber-sibes
08-29-2006, 04:08 PM
I will keep all of you in my prayers...I'm so sorry your son is losing his dad under such sad circumstances. Alcoholism is a devasting disease to everyone it touches. I will keep him in my prayers as well, poor man. God bless you all.