PDA

View Full Version : Fitness Fridays Health Club #9: Risk A CHANGE!

christa
08-28-2006, 08:48 AM
overcome fear and win!!!

Week NINE is here!!!

Post your updates EVERY DAY!!!

Post any recipes or meal ideas you want to share!

Post exercise routines that you'd like to share!!!

Be motivating! Be Inspiring!

Have a great week, PT!!!

PT Pounds Lost: 169 pounds!

christa
08-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Anyone do anything today???

I went to the Y & had a nice arm workout :)

And then I skipped cardio - shame on me! I've been sick today though and I hate doing cardio when I can't breathe!!!

beeniesmom
08-29-2006, 01:46 PM
Hey,
I'm still on my diet. Got into a 16 pants the other day. I know a 16 is big but I haven't been able t get my A$$ in one for about 3 years. :)
I had a candy bar last night. I know... I bad.
I had yogurt for breakfast and a power bar, lunch was chicken soup with veggies and dinner will probably be grouper.
I bought a lot of different fish this weekend.
Anyone have a good recipe for baked fish? :)

Toby's my baby
08-29-2006, 02:07 PM
Eh...guilty...I've been BAD.

These past few days we've had chocolate cake and O'henry bars on the counter. NOT GOOD :o Thankfully they are all gone, so I don't have to be bad anymore.

I'm still going to the weighroom every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday! :D I love lifting weights so much, I can tell a huge difference.

I can't wait till school starts so I can stop snacking!!!

christa
08-29-2006, 10:06 PM
Today I had a great heavy leg day - I felt so strong! Loved it! I am sure that I'll be sorry tomorrow though, probably won't be able to walk.

How is everyone doing?

:confused:

dragonfly
08-30-2006, 04:36 AM
I was bad today too. For lunch I had a cheeseburger and fries. Delicious but not the healthiest. I did get a couple walks in with the kids and the dog though. Tomorrow will be a better day. ;)

christa
08-30-2006, 12:56 PM
I was bad today too. For lunch I had a cheeseburger and fries. Delicious but not the healthiest. I did get a couple walks in with the kids and the dog though. Tomorrow will be a better day. ;)

Definitely not the healthiest! LOL

A few years ago . . . and 56 pounds ago, I was a cheeseburger & french fry junkie!!! Had to give it up, COLD TURKEY!!! That stuff can be addictive!

Opt for healthier foods every time and eventually you won't crave them :eek: ;)

beeniesmom
08-30-2006, 01:00 PM
I want some fries now....
I haven't had any in over a month.
Today is my birthday so hubby is taking me out.
We are going to a Japanese Steakhouse. Some rice, veggies and shrimp stir fry shouldn't do too much damage eh?

christa
08-30-2006, 01:07 PM
I want some fries now....
I haven't had any in over a month.
Today is my birthday so hubby is taking me out.
We are going to a Japanese Steakhouse. Some rice, veggies and shrimp stir fry shouldn't do too much damage eh?

Don't even ask how long it's been since I've had fries!!!

Enjoy your birthday dinnner! CELEBRATE!!!
Hubby & I eat chinese once in a blue moon & we e-n-j-o-y every second of it because we don't get it very often!!! Every 3 months or so. :) It's one of the things that I crave. But I figure that going to the gym for an hour EVERY DAY of my life will make up for the one time that we go in a 3 month period, LOL. Hmm . . . chinese sounds good right now! Shoot, you all have me thinking bad thoughts!!! :p

mruffruff
08-31-2006, 12:31 PM
I'm down 13 pounds since the fourth of July. No exercise, but a lot of calorie counting. I could probably do better, but Saturday is my day to eat out. I DO exceed my daily 1200 calorie, but still try to keep it under 1500.

I'm satisfied to lose slowly. It didn't get put on overnight and it won't come off overnight.

k9krazee
08-31-2006, 12:45 PM
Well, I was hoping I'd be able to get up early and go to the gym before classes, but I just can't seem to get motivated to actually do it! My classes are all on the waaaay other side of campus and I've been forcing myself to walk back to my dorm everyday between all my classes instead of just sitting in the building. Thats a 10-15 minute walk each way! And I do that 8 times a day! Food-wise I've been doing pretty good, well, except for last night. I kind of went crazy with the cheese sticks >.< But I'm back on track today...so far I've had a banana and yogurt for breakfast and a veggie wrap and water for lunch!

Toby's my baby
08-31-2006, 12:50 PM
Grr....I hate summer vacation. :mad:

I have come to believe that I wouldn't mind having school 11 months out of the year. :p It is so boring... and when I'm bored...well, you guessed it...I eat. :o :eek:

I keep going to the fridge trying to find something to eat, even though I'm not hungry at all. BUT, we don't have anything to eat right now anyways. I had the hardest time trying to find something to eat for lunch.

...Only 5 more days till school....I'm counting it down on my calender...I must be crazy. ;)

JenBKR
08-31-2006, 12:59 PM
Hope you enjoyed your birthday dinner Carmen! Everyone, keep up the good work! I too miss hamburgers and french fries, but I have a recipe that (almost) passes for fries, and I am allowed this on my diet! I cut up red potatoes, mix them with some spices (minced garlic, oregeno, parsley, a couple others I think) and a little extra virgin olive oil, and bake for 30 minutes. Then I put them under the broiler for about 5-6 minutes, until they get really brown. Eat with a little (salt free heinz) ketchup, yummy! Of course, that may not work on every diet, but mine's a little different :)

beeniesmom
08-31-2006, 01:09 PM
Hope you enjoyed your birthday dinner Carmen! :)

I did. It was good and I enjoyed every mouthfull. :o

Back to the routine today:
Breakfast: plain grits
Snack: power bar
Lunch: soup
Dinner: ? Probably grilled steak or chicken, a salad and some broccoli or green beans.

christa
09-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Well, I just got on the scales today & shocked to see that I've lost another 4 pounds this week. I give credit to a HUGE pot of vegetable soup that I made on Tuesday! That is all I've eaten! I have probably eaten 2-3 bowls a day, every day . . . just finished it today! My hubby's so sick of it, but I've been loving it! I put ground turkey in it - almost 3 pounds - it was a huge pot! And all kinds of veggies! I am kinda sad it's gone now!

Toby's my baby
09-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Wow, sounds yummy Christa!!

I know I'm totally doing this wrong. My mom pointed it out to me today. I'm not cutting out the bad foods. I still eat hamburgers, and BAD snacks. Today, until 5:30 I didn't have anything to eat, except for a piece of ice cream cake, and a cookie. :rolleyes: My mom came up to me and was like, "You know, it doesn't make any sence, you go to the weight room regularly, drink water like a fish, and go running, but then you come home and eat all this crap!" It actually seems to be working though, even though I'm not cutting out the bad stuff. I've lost weight (which really DIDN"T need to be lost) and I've gained a LOT of muscle... I guess if it works..it works!

beeniesmom
09-03-2006, 10:05 AM
Well, I just got on the scales today & shocked to see that I've lost another 4 pounds this week. I give credit to a HUGE pot of vegetable soup that I made on Tuesday! That is all I've eaten! I have probably eaten 2-3 bowls a day, every day . . . just finished it today! My hubby's so sick of it, but I've been loving it! I put ground turkey in it - almost 3 pounds - it was a huge pot! And all kinds of veggies! I am kinda sad it's gone now!

Can you send me the recipe or post it. I have been eating a lot of soups for lunch and have gotten a little tired of my recipes. :)
I lost another 2 lbs. this week.

christa
09-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Wow, sounds yummy Christa!!

I know I'm totally doing this wrong. My mom pointed it out to me today. I'm not cutting out the bad foods. I still eat hamburgers, and BAD snacks. Today, until 5:30 I didn't have anything to eat, except for a piece of ice cream cake, and a cookie. :rolleyes: My mom came up to me and was like, "You know, it doesn't make any sence, you go to the weight room regularly, drink water like a fish, and go running, but then you come home and eat all this crap!" It actually seems to be working though, even though I'm not cutting out the bad stuff. I've lost weight (which really DIDN"T need to be lost) and I've gained a LOT of muscle... I guess if it works..it works!

But you need to consider more than just your weight - that's when you have to take into consideration what you eat. You NEED to eat healthy for other reasons - for more than just loosing weight. For instance, your cholestrol. Have you ever had it checked? I know you're young, but you should start having it checked around 20 . . . so you need to start eating healthy now. Get those numbers to a good point now so you don't have to worry about where they're at then. Eating ice cream cake & cookies for lunch & dinner is not going to help your cholestrol any at all! ;)

Another thing - if you're lifting weights, you should be filling your body with PROTEIN!!! If I don't eat some protein before I go lift, I get sick! It's fuel for your body!

christa
09-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Can you send me the recipe or post it. I have been eating a lot of soups for lunch and have gotten a little tired of my recipes. :)
I lost another 2 lbs. this week.

When I make veggie soup, I don't use a recipe.

I just use a large package of ground turkey - brown that with a chopped up onion. Then I add a large can of tomato soup & a can of water. A large can of chopped tomatoes (I like the Italian tomatoes) . . . then I add whatever veggies that I like. Then just simmer for hours! :)

beeniesmom
09-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Sounds good.
It'll be a break from the lentil soup, chickpea soup, canellini bean soup and cauliflower soups that I've been making.

christa
09-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Sounds good.
It'll be a break from the lentil soup, chickpea soup, canellini bean soup and cauliflower soups that I've been making.

You do like soup! ;) I always lose weight when I eat veggie soup - I guess it's super low cal (as long as the meat is low cal, like turkey) I've just never used a recipe because I usually use whatever I have on hand. I use fresh, frozen & canned veggies! And have to use the biggest pot I have! I LOVE it!