PDA

View Full Version : this is so sad

doolittleky
08-27-2006, 09:53 PM
I hope someone saves this poor baby soon before it is too late.
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6892396

Catty1
08-27-2006, 09:56 PM
Oh no! I didn't get enough of her history there - did they try everything they could, and just give up?

Sheesh!

I hope someone makes that girl an 'only cat' soon!

Lizzie
08-27-2006, 10:37 PM
I don't think she needs to be an only cat since she loves other cats. She needs a very quiet home where people don't feel the need to handle her much.

Melissa - you weren't talking to me were you by any chance?!!!!

Edited to add that I doubt that she is still alive since the rescue post was August 23.

doolittleky
08-27-2006, 10:40 PM
no I wasn't talking to you. You have so many already. Just passing this along.
Melissa

Lizzie
08-27-2006, 10:43 PM
no I wasn't talking to you. You have so many already. Just passing this along.
Melissa

Just kidding. I should have put a smiley in my post. Actually, I will call tomorrow morning and find out what happened to her.

GreyhoundGirl
08-28-2006, 08:21 AM
Aww.... Poor baby. :(

Lizzie
08-28-2006, 09:27 AM
Well, she is still alive but only just. The rescue organization has never dealt with shipping cats long distance. I haven't had any luck so far with the trucking network getting Beans to me, though a few have responded that they can't do it right now. Any ideas anyone?

Laura's Babies
08-28-2006, 09:52 AM
Poor kitty, I remember that terrified look on the kitties at the shelter I worked at for awhile. It was so sad to see them like that, not understanding what happened or why they were there, where were their humans....

NONE of these kitties deserve to be in a place like that, NONE of them. The only thing they ever did wrong was to be born and that was not their fault. I hope somebody steps up and takes that girl... Her former owners. :mad: GRRRRRRR!

doolittleky
08-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Gosh Lizzie I don't know I don't have time to lo9ok for anoything right now I have to take the kids at work to recreation. Will try and think of something. Google "Flying Paws" and see if they can help
Melissa

Lizzie
08-28-2006, 02:23 PM
I looked into Flying Paws for Beans but they only fly to a neighboring state, they don't do the long hauls. I posted another message to the truckers listserv asking that, even if no-one can help now, to let me know if it is feasible. That way, the rescue organization will pull the cat and put her in foster care. When I talked to Lucille this morning, she was thrilled to tears that someone would consider adopting this cat but dumbstruck when I told her where I live. The only time they have adopted to people from out of state is when the adopters have driven from a neighboring state to adopt an exotic breed cat they've rescued.

doolittleky
08-28-2006, 03:16 PM
I was serious when I offered to foster him for you until you can make plans to get him to you. I know how much you want him.
Melissa

Lizzie
08-28-2006, 03:26 PM
Melissa - I know you are serious, but it would be a lot of travel and work for you and Beans needs to be in isolation, that's even more work for you. Beans is safe where he is until he can come to me, so I don't mind waiting. This cat is in a very bad situation.

doolittleky
08-28-2006, 03:45 PM
so you are going to adopt this one too? I am trying to think of anyone I know in NY. I can't think of anyone right now but will keep on trying to wrack my brain to come up with someone.
,melissa

catmandu
08-28-2006, 03:46 PM
I have stopped going into the Petcetera Adoption Centre, as its not fair to raise the Little Ones Hopes especially as I am in hot water for having too many Cats.
I feel so badly for those Poor Orphans who are imprisoned despite being innocent.

Court
08-28-2006, 03:48 PM
I really hope that something can be done for this beautiful baby. Good luck guys, and please keep us posted. :)

doolittleky
08-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Lizzie here is mapquest route to Louisville. I wanted to see where it was so I used my city. This is your next geography lesson! LOL

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&1gi=0&un=m&1da=-1.000000&1rc=A5XAX&cl=EN&qq=1ADqpk24ofBnoaWD41FLa0Zh8JparZK4o8nn2HRnXMCx9IL 1%252fItUB0IL1TQiMX2tmee4UrMojL3fOd7oB6YTsAW0XrOL1 VIUqaimWlVM1vDxqA1iN6xqco87R4rgXz7S&ct=NA&r=f&1si=gaz&rsres=1&1y=US&1ffi=&1l=fB%252bRbR7aeSI%253d&1g=zc1JNUU%252b%252fog%253d&1pl=&1v=CITY&1n=Jefferson+County&1pn=&1a=&1c=Louisville&1s=KY&1z=&2y=US&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&2pn=&2a=&2c=East+Meadow&2s=ny&2z=&panelbtn=2

Lizzie
08-28-2006, 05:06 PM
I just called KittyHawk Cargo, as you suggested, and the cost is just under $300, so possible. They are faxing me their specs for shipping live animals. I embarassed myself by not knowing where Newark was - but it gave the guy on the phone a good laugh. (When I was about 15, my geography teacher told me that she'd never met anyone with a poorer grasp of geography!) :D

Now I have to call Lucille and let her know that by hook or by crook, or by trucker or cargo plane, Leda has a new home.

And I have to post a new thread asking if anyone in the New York or Pennsylvania area can foster her for a short time.

Thanks for your help, Melissa.

doolittleky
08-28-2006, 05:40 PM
good, I am glad you got into contact with them.
Melissa

Reachoutrescue
08-28-2006, 08:03 PM
Just so you all know, I have sent an email to the lady at this shelter regarding this cat. I will take it in, if it can get here....way more then five hours in the car!! Here I go again!!!!!! :D

doolittleky
08-28-2006, 08:05 PM
Tracy, Lizzie beat ya to it. She is already making arrangements to adopt it.
Melissa

Reachoutrescue
08-28-2006, 08:13 PM
Tracy, Lizzie beat ya to it. She is already making arrangements to adopt it.
Melissa

No problem. I just wanted to make sure the kit was not put down. I know we can not save them all, but we can try to save the ones we are able to reach out to. Keep me posted please.

Lizzie
08-30-2006, 03:10 PM
Lucille just got back from storm-tossed Florida and visited the shelter. Leda is fine, but still hunched up in her cage and terrified. Lucille is going to get hold of a rescue organization in New York which she has good relations with to see if they have someone who is doing a run of rescued cats and can transport Leda at the same time. I'm going to post in the general forum and see if I can find someone.

Lucille went straight to the shelter from the airport without going home first to check on some cats with colds that the shelter had planned to euthanize last weekend - just because they had sniffles. She took all four of them and was driving to a foster home when I talked to her. I wouldn't dare ask her age, but she does sound elderly. I hope I'm doing the same thing when I'm her age.

She mentioned your email, Tracy, and said she'd written back to tell you that the tuxedo had found a home. I told her about your Illinois rescue and she kept saying "that's wonderful".

doolittleky
08-30-2006, 03:39 PM
I am glad she is back! Sounds like a great purrson!
Melissa

orangemm
08-30-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm sorry I couldn't help out with adopting anyone, but I noticed on the site that they have lots of cute cat items, so I will be supporting them by buying a bunch of stuff!

When I get to the point where I can work p/t, I plan to volunteer at a local shelter. I'm sure I will be bringing my work home with me............ :eek: :rolleyes: (just like all of you!)

jenluckenbach
08-30-2006, 04:37 PM
I am so glad the Leda is still OK. I was so worried that she'd have been put down before Lucille could get her.

Lizzie
08-31-2006, 11:08 AM
I'm sorry I couldn't help out with adopting anyone, but I noticed on the site that they have lots of cute cat items, so I will be supporting them by buying a bunch of stuff!

When I get to the point where I can work p/t, I plan to volunteer at a local shelter. I'm sure I will be bringing my work home with me............ :eek: :rolleyes: (just like all of you!)

What a lovely thing to do, especially when you'd really rather have the cats! I passed this on to Lucille who, I'm sure, needs positive feedback on support to keep her going - she has to face the needy faces at the shelter every day.

Very, very good news. A friend of Jen's has volunteered to drive her to pick up Leda this weekend. Jen and Lucille are in discussion now on arrangements.

I think we should all give Melissa a pat on the back for letting us know about this cat in need.

doolittleky
08-31-2006, 03:15 PM
Lizzie you are the one that deserves the pat on the back for adopting Leda and giving her the home that she deserves. I am glad it is coming together and working out.
Melissa

orangemm
09-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Just an update.

I did order some merchandise from reachoutrescue and it arrived today! VERY fast service, plus you can track your order from day 1.

Can't wait to use my new purse with purple pawprints on it, wear my silicone bracelets in a rainbow of colors, and show off my purple paw bracelet!

I highly recommend this site; they have lots of goodies for pet lovers. :)