PDA

View Full Version : the walk from hell!

cali
08-27-2006, 08:20 PM
lol I took Happy Ripley and Misty for a run on my bike to the dogpark(tried to take Blair and Perky too but my mom cant be bothered to teach them to walk on a leash, I got as far as a block with them before turning around and dumping them back home) well this was the walk from hell!

all was good till we got to the dog park, Happy is fear aggressive so she cant come in, I left her outside the fence and let Ripley and Misty off to play in the park. all was fine and dandy all dogs bahaving well then I couldent find Ripley, now he ALWAYS come back when called in a controlled area such as a fenced park, and he was..at first. then he decided "naaaahhhh" he stopped and looked at me from a good 50 feet away I called him, he paused looked and ran the other way! I tried all the tricks:treats, toys, running away, saying "see ya" and pretending to leave. nothing, he had no intention at all of comming back. at this time there were no dogs within like 200 feet so Happy was in with me, and I sent Happy and Misty to try and get him to come back, nope no luck, he took off to the other end of the 18 acre park, so I went back to the gate, sent happy out of the park and rode my bke around the perimeter to the other end with Misty follwing my inside the fence and Happy folowing me outside the fence, I go to some people on the other end and asked them if Ripley had been hanging around over there, they said he had been and they last saw him running around with another lady who was back at the part of the park we started at! (they also asked me if that was my dog sitting outside the fence lol I had to explain that that IS my dog sitting outside the fence but she is in a stay and not the dog im looking for!) I had to turn around and head pak to the other end of the oark and met up with the lady Ripley was hanging with, he appenrtly made friends with her dog and was following them all over the park, I thanked her for watching him and leashed him up and I took them out of the park.

now at the way back we had to go under an overpass, for days a train has just been sitting there, but of coarse it decided to start going, Misty completly freaked out and pulled right of of her harness, and she was not where a regular collar, so i called Happy, took her collar and put in on misty till the train passed, then harnessed her back up and away we went.

all was good till we passed a family and their dog, I dont know WHAT what with this one, they were holding their dog in there arms because they saw me comming with 3 dogs on a bike. now my dogs have never cared when they see another dog, we pass other dogs all the time while biking no problem, but for some reason Misty and Ripley suddenly stopped and my bike had rolled over the leash before I could stop so now I was in a tangled mess, apperntly this dog causes reactions like this all the time, they seemed to be prepared for something like this to happen, and they helped me get everything back together again, I unhooked Misty and they held her for me while I untangled the leashes and hooked Misty back up, now normally they would just keep going, but nope, they kept pulling me backwards! this family was very nice and they walked Misty and Ripley forward for me till they were willing to go, we were now off the bike path and I fogered smooth sailing from here!

nope, this little boy thoughtfully decided to join us for the ride, and kept flying ahead and skidding scareing the heck out of my dogs and causeing Happy to not want to stay on my right side.

then this car comes whipping down the street going 100km/h flys past me and the dogs whips in front of us to get in front of another car! it scared the living daylights out of me! he whipped like 2 feet in front of my dogs! after this I thankfully had no more problems, of course I was also only a couple feet from home by then. and that was my walk from hell!

Happy however was a total angel the entire time, she tried to go after some little mutt on the way onto the path, but she was perfectly fine with the BCs and Pitties we passed. at the park she was on her best behaviour outside the park, though I got some questions about why she was not allowed in then dirty looks when I told them why lol before Ripley took off Happy was pushing sticks under the fence for me to throw her, then she just ran around the outside as I rode around the inside, when I had to go toward the center of the park she sat outside the fence watching and even allowed other dogs to sniff her through the fence. so Happy is the only dog I did NOT have issues with today!

ashleycat
08-27-2006, 08:30 PM
WOW,.. it was hard to read a big huge paragraph. Maybe splitting it up a lil bit. I kept losing my place lol.

Charlie was a hard one to walk when other dogs came around... Runner is good tho.

Danegirl2208
08-27-2006, 08:33 PM
i want to read it..but can you split the paragraphs up please?? lol thanks ;)

cali
08-27-2006, 08:55 PM
lol sorry I didnt realize how long that was! I split it up into each event that happend to make it easier.

ashleycat
08-27-2006, 08:57 PM
much better ty!! muah!

Sweet Sixy
08-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Wow, that doesn't sound like the best of walks. hopefully the next will be better!
Good girl Happy though, it sounds like she was on top behavior.

I've had walks like that where I come back and just need a nap. cochise is so afraid of some people still that it often makes our walks difficult.

MajesticCollies
08-27-2006, 09:18 PM
Fun Times. You always must be up for a challenge with multiple dogs. Sounds like all came out well though. lol

lisahumphreys882
08-27-2006, 10:20 PM
Oh my gosh that must have been crazy. I know from experience what it's like when a dog doesn't come back so I can understand why you were so freaked. Hopefully all goes well next time. :)