PDA

View Full Version : Background for Calendar - Please Vote!

Kfamr
08-27-2006, 07:35 PM
I am torn between two different "styles" of background for the calendars.
Now, these have the dogs on them, but it would be similar backgrounds, but with cats for the cat calendar.

Please vote for your favorite "style."

The first is nicer, however harder to create as photos aren't always large/less cluttery enough to create a bigger background.

wolf_Q
08-27-2006, 07:36 PM
I prefer the first one.

Laura's Babies
08-27-2006, 07:37 PM
I am no help, I like them both....equally :confused:

luvofallhorses
08-27-2006, 07:55 PM
I like them both, too! I am no help! :p

Argranade
08-27-2006, 08:01 PM
I like the second one because it seems to make all the photos equal.

sirrahbed
08-27-2006, 08:11 PM
I voted for the first one :) Is it possible to use this style just for as many months that have suitable pictures??

If not then I really think the second is pretty also.

Cinder & Smoke
08-27-2006, 09:07 PM
FIRST ONE - with the plainer circles - is MUCH easier to look at ...

especially for us Color-Blind folk! Second one seems too "busy" - and

is difficult to distinguish the dog fron the frame and background.

/s/ Phred

I_luv_rusty
08-27-2006, 09:31 PM
FIRST ONE - with the plainer circles - is MUCH easier to look at ...

especially for us Color-Blind folk! Second one seems too "busy" - and

is difficult to distinguish the dog fron the frame and background.

/s/ Phred

I agree. I like the first one more, though as Argranade said the 2nd one makes all the pictures seem equal. I like the first one way more if I had to choose tho. :D

catnapper
08-27-2006, 09:36 PM
The second is too busy. I don't know what to look at and bounce all over, not really taking anything in

I disagree about the second making everyone more equal. I think the first does that well too. I like the grassy background going all over and the others circled and outlined. Because of the shape and outline, the others get equal importance to the one who's background became the overall background.

I also think the first one is all about the pets - the pets compete with graphics on the second one

cyber-sibes
08-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Visually easier to focus on the pets in the first one. Second one is a little busy with the patterns in the backgrounds plus the irregular borders. As always, JMO.

BC_MoM
08-28-2006, 12:01 AM
The second is really neat and creative, but I would prefer looking at the first one. :)

GreyhoundGirl
08-28-2006, 08:17 AM
The first one.The second one is too busy, it looks " packed" together. Where as the first one they are further apart. JMO

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-28-2006, 08:37 AM
I love the first one! May I make a suggestion? I would use several backgrond. For winter you could for example use this
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/japan1.jpg

for a summer-month
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/tuinaug7.jpg

Hey Kay, if you like this idea, go to my web-site, and click on page "my garden"! Plenty of great backgrounds there! Feel fre to use as many as you like :)

Felicia's Mom
08-28-2006, 10:30 AM
I like the first one best! :)

Husky_mom
08-28-2006, 10:31 AM
I love the first one! May I make a suggestion? I would use several backgrond. For winter you could for example use this
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/japan1.jpg

for a summer-month
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/tuinaug7.jpg

Hey Kay, if you like this idea, go to my web-site, and click on page "my garden"! Plenty of great backgrounds there! Feel fre to use as many as you like :)

such a neat idea!!! i would love to see your garden every month ;)

RedHedd
08-28-2006, 02:09 PM
I like the first one better, but don't know how to vote on your poll questions as I don't understand the terminology you're using in the quesitions i.e., is the first one "Normal photo background?"

Kfamr
08-28-2006, 02:17 PM
Yes, the first option is for the first photo, the second for the second photo.

I said Normal Photo Background because it's just cloned from the original photo.

Chica
08-28-2006, 06:23 PM
I don't have a preference because they are both nice!! ;)