PDA

View Full Version : A new creation... (and it's big!!)

Kirsten
08-27-2006, 02:02 PM
I apologize in advance for posting so many of my new pictures here lately. Working on them keeps me busy, and I know I'm not very talkative at the moment. :o

Anyway, if you don't mind, please take a look at this collage. It kept me busy all day, but I'm not 100% satisfied with it. LOL

http://www.kirsten-scheffel.de/art7.jpg

What do you think?

Kirsten

Killearn Kitties
08-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Well I think it is just amazing, and I don't know how you begin to create something like that!

Roxyluvsme13
08-27-2006, 02:41 PM
It's beautiful!

CatLuvrs
08-27-2006, 02:45 PM
It's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dorothy39
08-27-2006, 03:12 PM
OH MY!!
Did Kirsten Just make another thread? :eek:

Did she mention the word "COLLAGE" :eek:

Am I a sucker for her photgraphy? :rolleyes:

What did I get to SEE? :eek:

FOOD FOR MY MIND!!!! :p I don't know how you can post a photo of your art work, and , I don't even care right now.!!! I just have to tell you that that collage is so beautiful.!!!!!!!

I didn't mind , in the least, to click onto your thread, even though I have dial up service at the moment !!!

Thank-You for sharing that lovely Collage, Kirsten!!!!!

sirrahbed
08-27-2006, 03:15 PM
It's visually lovely Kirsten - I had to keep staring at all of the different parts.

Can you tell us more about it? Is this a photo of an actual collage? What is the medium? Who are the people? What is the significance of the coins? the flower? the background?? the handwritten message?

I am soooo curious ;)

Toby's my baby
08-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Posting too many pictures?!?! I dont think so!!! ;) I just LOVE looking at all your beautiful creations!!

It is stunning!

I'm happy so see that you are also putting these on your website. ;) :D

Almita
08-27-2006, 04:14 PM
wow Kristen these are great! I love how you have time to do something like this so beautiful and creative! Great job!

Laura's Babies
08-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Kristen, I never get tired of looking at your pictures and your "work". They are EXCEPTIONAL and I enjoy every single one of them!

Kirsten
08-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Thanks! Glad you like it. I posted it on fotocommunity.de, a place where you can upload photos to have them discussed by other photographers, but so far, there are no comments to this picture, so I figure it's not so good...

Debbie, it's not a photograph of an actual collage, I made this collage with Photopaint. Each part of it was scanned and put digitally together. With this creation I wanted to express all the "old stuff", the memories or experiences that we carry with us and that make us the person we are now. The photos in that collage show some family members; my father's parents on the top, my mother as a young girl on the left, my father and his sister as kids on the right, and me as a baby in the middle. As much as I like looking at old pictures, I also find them eerie, like to conjure up the ghosts of the past. Especially the members of my father's family scare me in these old pics.

The coins are just in the picture to represent the past, it's our old currency, the D-Mark, now replaced by the Euro. The flower is just a symbol for old things that we keep, and the written message is a sentence that popped up into my head some nights ago, after I had just watched this old Hitchcock-thriller, Spellbound.

But I don't mean this collage being too personal, I think everyone of us is carrying some ghosts with us.

Kirsten

Karen
08-28-2006, 10:55 AM
The only thing that bothers me is that "Fragmente" seems too bright and modern, not part of the image, really, other than that it is nice.

Kirsten
08-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Maybe you're right, a darker color and another font would possibly look better. "Fragmente" means "fragments" btw... :)

Kirsten

Sonia59
08-28-2006, 11:35 AM
Wow, It's very good and the collages are very well done!

Like Karen, I also noticed the "Fragmente". Indeed, another font and color would may be suit better.
And also for the frame of your mother's picture, it's very white.

Don't worry, you never post too much. The titles of your threads are usually very informative, so I guess that people who are not interested will just skip them ;)