PDA

View Full Version : ha ha, funny story about Runner's first drumstick

ashleycat
08-27-2006, 09:09 AM
She still hasn't eaten it. I'm sure she's hungry. I left it out for her last night. And she carried the bowl with the chicken to her bed and slept with it lol. Still un eaten lol

Kfamr
08-27-2006, 09:19 AM
Did you leave the drumstick out since yesterday?

ashleycat
08-27-2006, 09:27 AM
no, just late last night. It was in the fridge during the day. it started off frozen

Kfamr
08-27-2006, 09:34 AM
Whew. Scared me for a bit.

Some dogs are picky about eating frozen meat. Mine would not touch it frozen at first.

Just offer it to her for every meal, she will probably eventually eat it. After about 2 days of offering it, if she doesn't accept it, toss it.

zoey
08-27-2006, 10:15 AM
That's funny! Saving it for later, the way i did with my halloween candy as a kid. (too good for right now.) :D

ashleycat
08-27-2006, 01:07 PM
Well I got her a fresh one. I had to lightly fry it to thaw it a lil bit. Not to cook the bones. It fried just enough to get that cooked smell. She ate some of it. Almost half of it. I gave it to her in the kitchen and she kept taking it to the living room. So I took her outside and put it on the patio, and she took it to the grass lol and laid down to eat it. Hopefully she will eat it totally raw, instead of the lightly fried lol

ashleycat
08-27-2006, 01:30 PM
I tried again, I fried a lil bit to get that smell of it. And she only tried to eat the cooked part. but there wasn't much of it cooked so she gave up trying to eat it.

Does raw chicken have any flavor? Any other tips that might make it more appealing?

.sarah
08-27-2006, 02:27 PM
I would keep offering to her, but if she doesn't eat it by tomorrow night, try a different meat. Beef, lamb, and pork are the most tempting for Mandy, my picky eater. They seem to have the most flavor. If you have to try another meat, I'd pick one of those.

ashleycat
08-27-2006, 02:55 PM
What part should I try for the beef?

CathyBogart
08-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Jasper likes beef ribs, the kind that are about 4" long. That's what he had for breakfast.

bckrazy
08-27-2006, 06:45 PM
When I first gave Gonzo raw chicken, he wasn't too interested either. Have you tried putting seasoning on it? You could sprinkle chicken or beef stock seasoning on it, some ketsup, or whatever she likes the taste of. Gonzo loves chicken now! I sprinkled seasoning on it to tempt him just to give it a chance, and I hand-fed him some small pieces of meat.

ashleycat
08-27-2006, 07:26 PM
I had some frozen beef stew chunks,, I tried that and she ate it pretty well!

Ill try seasoming later. Now I'm waiting to see how her tummy reacts to it.