PDA

View Full Version : You Know You've Gone to the Dogs When...

Danegirl2208
08-26-2006, 09:40 PM
Nobody's feet are allowed on the furniture, but your dogs are welcome to sleep on any piece they so choose

You and your family haven't had your annual check up in two years, but the dogs are all medically up to date

You start barking at your children to "Sit! Stay!"

You're more concerned with the dogs' needs than your own when the budget gets tight

Dog crates double as chairs and/or tables in your family room

You can only remember people by associating them with their dog

Overnight guests (who share your bed) are offended by having to sleep with you and the dog(s)

You snuggle closer to the dog than the person with whom you are sleeping

You spend more time looking through mail order catalogues for dog supplies than for Victoria's Secret nighties or Miles Kimball gadgets

All your social activities revolve around other dog people

Everyone at the office is eager to know if the dogs are all right because you were late for the meeting

The whereabouts of all your important legal and personal documents escapes you, yet you know precisely where to locate the file that includes all the vet records, breed papers and registration

Your trunk has an emergency food kit for any strays you might come across

The majority of your charitable contributions go to animal organizations

To win a precious $.75 show ribbon, you think nothing to forking out hundreds of dollars to board/pet sit the other dogs, pay for entry fees, gas, accommodations and meals

Complete strangers call you on the phone to ask questions because they heard you were a" dog person"

Your mom calls and asks how the granddogs are

Every gift you ever get has something to do with dogs

Your cookie jar has never seen the likes of people cookies

You rip up the carpet and lay tile to make clean up so much easier

Your children (wife, husband, etc.) complain that you always take more pictures of the dog than you do of them

While proudly showing off your family album, your guest asks, "Isn't there anyone else in your family besides the dog?"

Any conversation you're having is effortlessly directed back to the topic of dogs

Your first concern when planning a vacation is whether or not the hotel will take pets
There are tons more but i think thats enough for now lol

Roxyluvsme13
08-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Half of this stuff is me.. -shifty- Ah well, maybe I'm not completely nuts after all :D.

Danegirl2208
08-26-2006, 09:44 PM
lol same here :)
"You start barking at your children to "Sit! Stay!" ive done that on more than one occasison and i even have kids haha :p

buttercup132
08-26-2006, 10:07 PM
You start barking at your children to "Sit! Stay!" My freind always point that out when I tell them to sit, stnad,come ahha they clearly think I spend too much time with dogs.

I sometimes think I do too.
lol!

cali
08-26-2006, 10:15 PM
well lets see:

Nobody's feet are allowed on the furniture, but your dogs are welcome to sleep on any piece they so choose all feet doggie or humane are allowed on the furniture.

You and your family haven't had your annual check up in two years, but the dogs are all medically up to date the only medical thing I am up to date on is my vision lol my dogs are not vetted yearly but they are continually looked over and any issues I bring to the vet, also my co-workers mom is a vet who formerly worked for my own vet before starting her own practice, so I have questions answered at my fingertips lol

You start barking at your children to "Sit! Stay!" I dont have kids, but I have found myself giving dog commands to my freinds lol

You're more concerned with the dogs' needs than your own when the budget gets tight duh, my dogs will never go without, I on the other hand..

Dog crates double as chairs and/or tables in your family room nah I need to be able to take my crates all over the place so I cant put stuff all over them or I winde up in a pickle.

You can only remember people by associating them with their dog but of coarse lol

Overnight guests (who share your bed) are offended by having to sleep with you and the dog(s) share my bed with me and my dogs yes, but I have never had someone offended by it

You snuggle closer to the dog than the person with whom you are sleeping umm duh

You spend more time looking through mail order catalogues for dog supplies than for Victoria's Secret nighties or Miles Kimball gadgets what the heck would I look through a mail order catalog for if it was not dog stuff? I mean really...

All your social activities revolve around other dog people nah, they used to but with my work schedual it doesent work

Everyone at the office is eager to know if the dogs are all right because you were late for the meeting custamers at work come in just to ask me how my dogs are lol does that count?

The whereabouts of all your important legal and personal documents escapes you, yet you know precisely where to locate the file that includes all the vet records, breed papers and registration all dog legial documents records etc.. are kept organized in binders on the shelf beside the computer desk, I am still trying to figer out where the heck MY legal documents ran off too..

Your trunk has an emergency food kit for any strays you might come across nope but I keep a leash in my purse and a leash in my backpack.

The majority of your charitable contributions go to animal organizations a majority? try ALL.

To win a precious $.75 show ribbon, you think nothing to forking out hundreds of dollars to board/pet sit the other dogs, pay for entry fees, gas, accommodations and meals I dont do shows so no, I form out hundreds of dollers to take my dogs to tourniments where the food is free and the dogs gets toys for prizes lol

Complete strangers call you on the phone to ask questions because they heard you were a" dog person" close, I work at a pharmacy, people wil ask the pharmsist dog questions, so he sends them to the front to talk to me lol

Your mom calls and asks how the granddogs are well I lie with my mom soo..

Every gift you ever get has something to do with dogs or my other pets, what the heck would I want for myself?

Your cookie jar has never seen the likes of people cookies the only cookie jar in my house is supposed to be for dog cookies.

You rip up the carpet and lay tile to make clean up so much easier love too but the idiots before us GLUED the carpet to the floor.

Your children (wife, husband, etc.) complain that you always take more pictures of the dog than you do of them never had anoyone complain about it....

While proudly showing off your family album, your guest asks, "Isn't there anyone else in your family besides the dog?" why would I show off my family album?

Any conversation you're having is effortlessly directed back to the topic of dogs lol all the time my freinds get soo pissed off!

Your first concern when planning a vacation is whether or not the hotel will take pets yup, also trying to find a house to rent, the first question is do they allow pets and how many? no point is asking anything else if the answer is no pets.

cyber-sibes
08-27-2006, 11:18 AM
:rolleyes: Oh alright...so I'm guilty of a couple of these...or three or four...maybe 5 or 6...well...

GreyhoundGirl
08-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Nobody's feet are allowed on the furniture, but your dogs are welcome to sleep on any piece they so choose I think this is the only one that isn't true... Jen's not allowed on furniture.

You and your family haven't had your annual check up in two years, but the dogs are all medically up to date Jen goes to the vets regularly, but I have never seen a docter. Never had a needle either ( not complaining )

You start barking at your children to "Sit! Stay!" I don't have children !

You're more concerned with the dogs' needs than your own when the budget gets tight Oh yes

Dog crates double as chairs and/or tables in your family room Sometimes.....

You can only remember people by associating them with their dog ALWAYS !!! At agility, people never know the owners name, we call each other by our dogs name. :rolleyes:

Overnight guests (who share your bed) are offended by having to sleep with you and the dog(s) Never had overnight guests sleep with me.

You snuggle closer to the dog than the person with whom you are sleeping Don't sleep with anyone. I probably would, though

You spend more time looking through mail order catalogues for dog supplies than for Victoria's Secret nighties or Miles Kimball gadgets Doesn't everyone?

All your social activities revolve around other dog people Pretty much, except for piano and ballet.

Everyone at the office is eager to know if the dogs are all right because you were late for the meeting Can't really answer this one, because it has never happened.

The whereabouts of all your important legal and personal documents escapes you, yet you know precisely where to locate the file that includes all the vet records, breed papers and registration HA HA ! That's the only file I have !

Your trunk has an emergency food kit for any strays you might come acrossI force my mom to keep one in the car.

The majority of your charitable contributions go to animal organizations Only place I ever give to regularly.( SPCA )

To win a precious $.75 show ribbon, you think nothing to forking out hundreds of dollars to board/pet sit the other dogs, pay for entry fees, gas, accommodations and meals Of course !

Complete strangers call you on the phone to ask questions because they heard you were a" dog person"A couple of times. :o

Your mom calls and asks how the granddogs areFirst thing my Grama says: " Hows Pooch?"

Every gift you ever get has something to do with dogsSince I was in Kindergarten. ;)

Your cookie jar has never seen the likes of people cookies Does any cookie Jar?

You rip up the carpet and lay tile to make clean up so much easier If I had my way, I would

Your children (wife, husband, etc.) complain that you always take more pictures of the dog than you do of them I have one pic of all the other people, but uncountable of Jenny.

While proudly showing off your family album, your guest asks, "Isn't there anyone else in your family besides the dog?" How did you know ?!?!?!

Any conversation you're having is effortlessly directed back to the topic of dogs Guilty !

Your first concern when planning a vacation is whether or not the hotel will take petsI'm worse than that ! When we bought Jenny, we bought a trailer so that she can come with us everywere !

Oh, We PTers are bad aren't we?

Kfamr
08-27-2006, 11:38 AM
I've always loved that list.. I remember seeing it before. I am guilty!

How about.. planning your vacations based ON your dogs? Our recent trip to OH/MI was all about finding places Ki could swim. :rolleyes: :p

cyber-sibes
08-27-2006, 11:09 PM
How about.. planning your vacations based ON your dogs? Our recent trip to OH/MI was all about finding places Ki could swim. :rolleyes: :p...and about going to a PT DOG PIC-NIC - don't forget that part! :D Yup, dog pic-nics and hikes are highlights of my social season!

trayi52
08-28-2006, 12:12 AM
Yes, I am guilty of some of these with my dog and my cats as well. I too have seen this, and have always loved it.

Willie :)