PDA

View Full Version : So, friends date.. do they change?

CountryWolf07
08-26-2006, 04:48 PM
So.. my best friend is dating a guy for about almost 2 months now, and I think she has changed on her ways.. I just hate it how people change. She promised me that she wouldn't change, but she is changing. I don't know what to do. She knows that I'm not happy with her..

CathyBogart
08-26-2006, 05:28 PM
They do change. Unfortunately, when I met a guy and changed to fit his standards, I lost a lot of friends.

Promising that you won't change seems rather silly, because everyone you spend time with affects you in some way.

Perhaps if you talk to your friend without getting angry or upset and tell her why you're worried about the changes, she will listen to you. She may not change back, at least not immediately, but knowing that you are concerned may help her see how she has changed and think about if it's for the better or not.

Laura's Babies
08-26-2006, 06:41 PM
It don't matter WHO you are with, you should not had to change or turn your back on your friends... My girlfriends use to have a saying... "Men will come and men will go....... But your friends will be there forever!"

People grow and sometimes they outgrow the relationship but if a person (male or female) changes for everybody they date... the loose themselves and that is sad!

kuhio98
08-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Seems to be that young women change to try to be what they think the guy wants. After you get older and have more confidence, you say "The he!! with it." They either like me or not but I'm gonna be who I am.

CountryWolf07
08-26-2006, 07:34 PM
Seems to be that young women change to try to be what they think the guy wants. After you get older and have more confidence, you say "The he!! with it." They either like me or not but I'm gonna be who I am.

THAT is my attitude. :)

Iilo
08-27-2006, 01:26 AM
My philosophy, if they change in such a way that makes me see them negatively as a person -- they are not worth the worry ;)

lbaker
08-27-2006, 04:46 AM
People do change, guys and girls when young especially. It's natural to "try on" different personalities to see where you are most comfortable. It's sad but true that some of these personalities aren't a good fit for themselves, or their friends. Learning can be difficult - for everyone. Being young is tough enough.