PDA

View Full Version : What a night!

ashleycat
08-25-2006, 11:13 PM
Remember that thread I had about being scared to walk by a certain house because the rotti could stick his head under?

Well he finally got out. He was walkin down the street. I was scared at first. But I calmed down, squatted and held out my hand. At first he didn't come. But I kept calling him, saying good boy. Then he came to me. Sniffed me, then was my best friend. He even protected me and my daughter when this boy tried to take my daughter from me.

The police here will take your dog to pound to be put down. I didn't want that to happen. And also I know who the owners are. I got him into my back yard and waited a while. I took him back on a leash trying to figure out how I was goingto get him to stay. I couldn't find a way. So I went to their gate to see if it was open and put him back. My feet got covered in fire ants. So I gave up.

While I went back to the front scratching the uknowwhat out of my feet, they show up. They were REALLY thankfull I got him before he got taken away. They are going to fill the hole now! :)

He is beautiful. Big too. His teeth were really white and looked like he was fed raw. So I asked what they feed. Just regular food they said.

He is one strong dog too. There was a guy walking a tiny white dog. Maltese maybe. And he got loose from me. Both me and the guy got scared and tried to get the lil one. Im grabbingthe rotti w/o thinking he could turnaround and get me. The maltese was a girl in heat, and this was a unneutered rotti. And she yellped, but thank goodness he got her up just in time. He really pulled me.

Well, that's pretty much it. I saved a rotti from going someplace he didn't belong!

ashleycat
08-25-2006, 11:14 PM
o how weird. I was taking these pics thru glass. My daughter isn't really out there with him lol

ashleycat
08-26-2006, 06:01 PM
bump

moosmom
08-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Ashleycat,

You did a great thing by bringing him back to his owners. I'm sure they were very greatful that he didn't wind up at the pound or worse. Great job girl!! ;)

CathyBogart
08-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Good job! It's lucky he found you instead of someone who would take him to the pound!

Almita
08-26-2006, 07:55 PM
Wow good job Ashley to do the right thing and good thing you were the one that was there that he found so he can be safe with you until the owners came so he wouldn't be in the pound.

lisahumphreys882
08-27-2006, 01:41 PM
What a great person you are to look after that rottie. At least he was well taken care of. Were the fire ants in the yard where the rottie is...will they bite him? I heard that fire ants are really dangerous.

ashleycat
08-27-2006, 02:59 PM
What a great person you are to look after that rottie. At least he was well taken care of. Were the fire ants in the yard where the rottie is...will they bite him? I heard that fire ants are really dangerous.
I'm not sure if the yard was infested. Most likely tho. It was right by the gate on the outside.

dragonfly
08-28-2006, 04:22 AM
He is a really gorgeous dog. I'm so glad things turned out good for him and now you don't have to be nervous of him anymore. Everyone wins.

Somebody tried to take your daughter? That would be really scarey :eek: , I'm glad the big guy was with you.

ashleycat
08-28-2006, 10:17 AM
yeah, well he is this 16 yr old with adhd. he just wanted to hold her. but i dont like it when he hold or touches her. I dont like him. has nothing to do with the adhd, but just him. i think i have a lil bit of adult add myself. or something... ive always been a slow learner.

dragonfly
08-29-2006, 12:38 AM
I see, well I'd go with your instinct on that one then. I'm glad everyone is o.k.