PDA

View Full Version : Injured barn kitty

Tralee
08-25-2006, 08:44 PM
Note- This is not my cat and I am not responsible for its care

One of the barn kitties at my barn got hurt today. My guess is she got hit by a car. When I came into the barn this morning the cat was sleeping in my horses stall. She stayed in the stall while I cleaned it. When I tried to move her out of the way, she couldn't walk. There was somthing wrong with her hind legs. She didn't seem to be in any pain and let me touch her all over. I feared she had a spinal cord injury. I notified the barn owner and he took her to the emergency vet. The cat was x-rayed and she has a cracked hip. Fortunatly she will make a full recovery. She is now encloded in part of the observation area with a bed litter box food and water. She gets medication three times a day. I feel so bad for the poor kitty.

Zippy
08-25-2006, 09:16 PM
It breaks my heart to hear about animals in pain.Get Well little Barn Kitty.You are in my prayers.

Laura's Babies
08-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Get well, heal up fast little barn kitty! (Good thing you found her and alerted her owner!)

kt_luvs_kitties
08-25-2006, 10:05 PM
My newest kitty Romeo had a broken hip. I did not find him until about 1-2 weeks after he had been hit. He was not mine, but I took him to the vet and got his hip checked (they could not do anything because the hip had already started healing) and his shots and then fixed. He healed within 1 month, and although his hip is still protruding, he walks just fine. Hopefully his owner will take her inside, so she can be safe.Dont let her move around too much, or it will make the healing slower. Good luck barn kitty!

kimlovescats
08-25-2006, 10:47 PM
How very sad, but THANK YOU for seeing to it that someone helped her out! ;)

Reachoutrescue
08-26-2006, 01:37 AM
You are great for calling the barn owner. I glad to hear that he took the kit to the vet and she will be fine. You should call her Barney....LOL! Get better soon kitty! :)

Tralee
08-26-2006, 07:32 AM
Thanks
Actually her name is Cali because she is a calico, very original

zoey
08-26-2006, 08:27 AM
*healing vibes* out to Cali kitty. Thanks for helping her.

rg_girlca
08-26-2006, 06:25 PM
Note- This is not my cat and I am not responsible for its care

You may not be responsible for its care, but at least you cared enough about the little one to alert the owner so he could bring her to the vet to get her some help and I thank you for that. :)

I pray that Cali has a full and speedy recovery.

catmandu
08-26-2006, 06:56 PM
As Pricess and Michael were Barn Cats, I cant tell you how proud we are of what you did for Barney, and we pray that he can overcome this rough start, and find a Happy Furr Ever Home!!