PDA

View Full Version : Autumn caught a squirrel (it's alive and healthy)

IRescue452
08-25-2006, 05:16 PM
It's every dog's dream come true. Autumn finally caught one. And its a good thing I was there to tell her to drop it. The squirrel's ok and learned a valuable lesson in keeping an eye out for predators. I feel bad because I said Autumn could run after it (thinking it would run up the tree) and here she caught it and had every intention of having squirrel soufle for supper. I put a bunch of mixed nuts at the bottom of the tree for when he comes down.

Dorothy39
08-25-2006, 08:11 PM
One of my grand dogs has a big back yard full of Walnut trees and SQUIRRELS :eek:

They like to tease her from time to time.

Well, one day, a frisky little squirrel was romping back and forth on a wire that crossed through their yard. It could see her, looking back up , following every movement he made while standing on her hind legs.

The squirrel lost footing and fell down to the ground, where as, the dog grabbed onto it!!! My son had to scream at her to let it loose!!!

Crazy squirrel!!!!!!!

cyber-sibes
08-25-2006, 08:27 PM
Lucky little guy, that squirrel! The mixed nuts were very thoughtful of you!
:rolleyes: I've lost track of Star's body count of the ones that didn't get away.

Danegirl2208
08-25-2006, 08:37 PM
what a lucky squirrel! lol.. Glad we dont have any around here, chloe would have a ball treeing and catching them :eek:

chocolatepuppy
08-25-2006, 08:48 PM
Lucky squirrel! Lacey has come real close to catching a few. ;)

IRescue452
08-25-2006, 09:41 PM
She's supposed to be a bird dog, and she doesn't harm a feather on birds, but for some reason she has to kill the creatures with fur. Drives me nuts.

Kfamr
08-25-2006, 09:50 PM
Lucky squirrel!

Apparently, although my parents just told me about it a few days ago, Simba caught and killed a bird about a month ago. :eek: :(

lute
08-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Gracie has never caught a squirrl, but she has caught a few stray cats. :(

Alysser
08-25-2006, 10:01 PM
VERY lucky little squirrel! :eek: He's lucky Autumn obeys.

Sassy has attempted to catch a squirrel twice but never even came close. She almost killed a bird with a broken wing once! :eek:

CathyBogart
08-25-2006, 10:24 PM
Lucky little squirrel, talented Autumn! You go girl! :)

MajesticCollies
08-25-2006, 10:29 PM
How nice of you to bait that poor little innocent squirrel for your dog. :) Just kidding. Glad you were there to save the little guy. I always enjoy watching the keeness of squirells.

The_Duck
08-25-2006, 10:31 PM
A very lucky squirrel, indeed. I live on 5 acres of a 40 acre piece of wodded landed and havn't seen a single squirrel, but there are all sorts of other animals that have fallen prey to my canine companions.

Julie's killed a couple of raccoons, a woodchuck, and a turtle. (Which she ate, shell and all :eek: ) Angel and Blackfoot have had their fair share of Coons, as well. J.W. got a small bird once and a Guinea hen. I think the only one who hasn't harmed another critter is Mac.