PDA

View Full Version : Fish everywhere

IRescue452
08-25-2006, 12:41 PM
I think I need to change my name to crazyfishlady. I got a 55 gallon tank the other day at a church rummage sale for $8! I'm so happy. No leaks. And it came with everything needed for a full setup, including some really ugly fake decorations. Since I'm moving tomorrow back to school there's fish in buckets all over my bedroom floor. The four 7" comets are in one bucket. Three baby comets and two fantails in another. An oranda and a ranchu together. Five female bettas in another bucket. A male betta in his original cup for moving, I'm sure he isn't happy to see that thing again. And four black loaches triple bagged and ready to go. It's like moving a zoo!

Flatcoatluver
08-25-2006, 03:02 PM
:eek: Wow sounds like a lot of buckets! I hope you will have a computer when your going back to school or I will miss your post! Good luck and wow, I wish I could get a 10 gallon tank for 8 bucks let alone a 55!

IRescue452
08-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I've got my notebook. It's what I'm using for internet right now since our other computer is slow.

hippy19
08-25-2006, 03:36 PM
ahh i love your signature rescue! my cat does the same thing, board game boxes, shoe boxes, random pieces of cardboard, i thought my cat was just weird. lol

Zippy
08-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Ok Fishcrazylady it is.That was a great deal 55 gal for 8 bucks :eek: Good Luck at school.Drop in and post when you can. :)

Chilli
08-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Hehe^^ Sounds like my room when alot of fish were in quarantine at one time.
Why can't I be the one to find good deals? :o I would probably die if I found a 55g for only $8.
Anyway, I hope the move goes well. :D

IRescue452
08-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Well, everybody made the move fine, except my filters. Most of the bacteria died off. By this morning the ammonia was up to 1.0ppm. I might have to make like the Japanese and do 100% changes daily until the bacteria returns. I was excited to find that my ranchu and oranda are both boys though and both have their tubercles on the gills.

zoomer
08-27-2006, 12:57 PM
55 gallons for only 8 bucks :eek: !? WHOAH! I wish there was something that good here...
Sounds like you have lots of fishy buckets!