PDA

View Full Version : Sunburn Questions...

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-25-2006, 12:22 AM
Okay... So I haven't been around here a lot... hope you all still remember me, lmao.

Anyway, I was up north this past weekend and silly me, I forgot sunscreen because it really wasn't that warm out, but the sun was still out. (And before anyone says ANYTHING, I know, I should have put it on because you can still get burned, but it just slipped my mind. My fault. :p )

But anyway, I burned my chest and even the top of my... yeah. (PS-- Getting sunburned... there... is THEE worst place to get burned.) It started peeling this morning and I showered and it just hurt SOOO BAD. I was almost in tears whenever water OR soap touched my burn. Tonight, it feels awful. The places where the skin had peeled feels scaley and hurts like CRAP and it almost pains me to move, just because of where the burn is. I've never felt such pain before. It hurts to wear a t-shirt because it covers the burn and touching the burn makes it hurt. I'm almost constantly in a tank top to avoid clothing touching the burn and then I get weird looks from EVERYONE because of my awful sunburn.

Is there anything I can do? Can someone maybe explain why this burn hurts sooo much and why it's scaley to the touch? I know it's gross, it just hurts SOO bad. It almost seems as if the skin that peeled came off too soon or something... it is just a constant STINGING feeling on my chest ALL day.

:(

Someone help my pitiful self, lmao.

caseysmom
08-25-2006, 12:32 AM
I know its too late but I am going to scold you anyway, one bad burn like that can cause skin cancer. Please wear sunscreen in the future. It sounds like a call to the doctor is in order, you are at risk of getting infection with a burn that bad.

Dorothy39
08-25-2006, 12:32 AM
Oh My Lordie, Lordie!!!

The word (words) for me to type here are:

Nivea Creme(used in burn units)

ALOE!!!!!!! Aloe Vera Gel/ Put it into the fridge.

If the burn is turning black? HUMMMM, time to see a doctor!!! :eek:

The pain will go away, gradually. Take luke warm, cool, showers!!!! ;)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-25-2006, 12:43 AM
Nothing is turning black (thank god, I would have died if it had started turning BLACK!) but I put some aloe on it and it stings like nothing I've ever felt before. I'm practically in tears because it feels as though the skin is being ripped off my body, the stinging is just THAT intense right now.

Dorothy39
08-25-2006, 12:49 AM
Try using Aveeno!!! :rolleyes:

Here is a link to read, I hope it helps you. :confuhttp://www.sunburnrelief.org/sunburn-relief.phpsed:

Okay, sorry about that, I'll fix it!!!! :( :eek:

Dorothy39
08-25-2006, 12:54 AM
http:// http://www.sunburnrelief.org/sunburn-relief.php

try it now.

Stay away from soap, it only aggravates the condition!!!

I am sooo sorry!!!!! We are all "only human" of course.

I'd try the Aveeno bath, and use cool water.

Good Luck

CathyBogart
08-25-2006, 01:11 AM
If you can stand it - get a box of baking soda and some powdered whole milk, put about a cup of each into a cool bath(or lukewarm, if you absolutely cannot do cool), and sit in it for as long as you can.

Best of luck. I haven't had a burn that bad but I've had a few doozies, and it SUCKS!

Cataholic
08-25-2006, 12:11 PM
I would take some ibuprofen to ease the pain, and keep it cool with clothes, aloe, burn creme, etc. And, really, I would stop with the tank tops- if you are outside. ANY exposure to the sun, on such damaged skin, is, well, damaging.

If you are describing your level of pain accurately, I would prolly call a doctor. That sounds pretty severe to me.

Donnaj4962
08-25-2006, 02:12 PM
I feel your pain! Man, have I had some doozy of sunburns in the past! I agree with just about everything everyone has said.... I have even tried vinegar! It smells, but it did help to take some of the pain away.

Please watch for blisters! That can be a sign of sunpoinsoning! I have been there, done that... and it is awful!. One year, I got a bad burn while in Florida, and my first morning home after sleeping in my own bed, my blisters had burst, and the sheets were actually ATTACHED :eek: to me! Oh, it hurt so bad!

Good luck. Keep an eye for the blackness and the blisters.

Husky_mom
08-25-2006, 02:27 PM
one thing we used to buy was a thing called "after sun" not sure if they still make it, but I bought it in the states...........I think is from coppertone.....I think.......

another thing Iīve used with a very very nice outcome is baby bottoms cream, the one used for rashes........yeah thatīs the one..........it soothes and calms and reliefs (sp?) very quickly, but you get all white for a long while LOL........ totaly worth it..........(I used a brand made here in mexico but I think any will do)

take care and use lots of whatever you use to keep hydrated the skin.....

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-25-2006, 04:20 PM
If you are describing your level of pain accurately, I would prolly call a doctor. That sounds pretty severe to me.

To me too!! I would defenitely see a doctor, asap!!
Good luck!!

Karen
08-25-2006, 04:57 PM
Cool bath with baking soda in it. And now you know never ever to do that again!

Laura's Babies
08-25-2006, 05:08 PM
If it is to bad you can get sun poisioning. My ex got it when he got sunburned real bad and I ran into someone else in a grocery store that had it too. You should have a doctor look at it and prescribe something.